“Try other options if possible”

Best Western Shenzhen Felicity Hotel
Ranked #56 of 2,829 Hotels in Shenzhen
Reviewed 27 November 2013

The location of this hotel is perfect and that is the only advantage, but i think, there are better hotels nearby. This hotel is totally outdated in terms of look and feel, interior etc...The staff is not very good either. The rooms are very small and so is the bed. The breakfast would have very very limited pure vegeterian options. Most of them would have eggs or meats and hotel staff will not bother if you ask for something pure vegeterians like we want, without eggs or meat.
LowHu mall is the only plus point for this place, but there are good options near by as well.

Room Tip: ASk for a King size bed else you would have problem if you are 2 people sharing the same bed.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 6 November 2013

I chose this hotel based on reviews on tripadvisor about the location. And it was true. The location is perfect, just in front of Luohu station ( train & Metro ) about 5-10 minutes walking. From this Metro station, we could take the green line to major tourist attractions in Shenzhen : to Window of the world ( window of the world station), Splendid China (Overseas Chinese Town station), and Dongmen shopping street (Laojie station). The room interior was a little bit old fashioned, but very clean. We stayed 1 night at the superior room, and it was very spacious, with a living room, 2 toilets ( one with bath tub), 2 closets, 2 Televisions and ironing board. Service was standard of mainland people.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank KaRiNaNdiNi
Reviewed 26 October 2013

The Hotel is very nice and offers value for money. situated right behind Luohu railway station, it is just a 5 minutes walk. However, if you do not know how to go, it can be a problem.
Please take the East side exit and go towards Heping Road. There are signs in English to guide.

Breakfast is very good, and they also have a fantastic dinner buffet.
The staff is very polite and understands English very well, even the bellboys.

Overall it was a nice experience, and I will surely come back.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 October 2013

My wife & 10 Y.O daughter stayed here on the 13th - 14th Oct. Hotel was of excellent standard for Shenzhen. We had a large room - compared to the size of the HK hotel room. Buffet breakfast was OK - a bit of Western & a bit Chinese. Swimming pool was good. They wanted $70 a night for a rollaway bed. Instead we just requested 3 blankets and made a bed for our daughter on the floor which did the trick. I would definitely stay here again. It was about a 200 metre wal to Lowou Shopping Centre.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank pppman
Reviewed 20 October 2013

I stayed at this hotel one month ago. When I checked in, they charged me a 500 RMB deposit. When I checked out, the staffperson tore up the transaction slip. A week later, I noticed that I never received my deposit back, so I called the hotel. They told me to wait two weeks. It has been over one month since I stayed there, and I still have not received my deposit. They claim they don't have any record of my having paid this deposit, but they told me to wait a few more days. So, I doubt that I will receive this deposit, because they no longer have the transaction slip, as it was destroyed and probably discarded by the hotel staff person. I think the training of hotel staff is probably very poor. Besides this, I never received the 50 CNY coupon for food that was promoted when I booked at this hotel.

So, I have to say that if you decide to book here, be prepared to pay about double the advertised price for most rooms, because you may not receive your deposit back.

If anyone has any doubt that I'm telling you the truth, I can show you the proof, if you write me at p.amos.oh@gmail.com

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Paul O
Reviewed 8 October 2013

This hotel is a bargain. I stayed there in the 1990s when it was the only 5 star hotel in Shenzhen and it was fabulous. Since then it has been taken over by Best Western who have done their best to downgrade it and make it seem like an American airport hotel. Look past the tacky Best Western branding though and the fundamentals of this fine hotel shine through. The whole property is exceptionally clean. The rooms are generous and quiet. There is free fast internet in all rooms. There is a ping pong room, standard dance studio, gym and fine swimming pool if you need exercise. Then there are the 2 spas for recovery. The staff are well trained and efficient.

Best of all is the location which is about a 2 minute walk from the Luohu train/MTR station, meaning that the delights of central Hong Kong are less than 45 minutes away. It is feasible to commute into Hong Kong and save yourself a fortune since an equivalent Hong Kong hotel would usually cost around 5 times the price.

The restaurants and bars in the hotel all seem fine. There are also a myriad of alternatives in the neighbourhood which is safe. For tea drinkers, the best tea market I have ever visited is only a 3 minute walk away on Jianshe Road.

Some reviewers have reported negatively on the condition of some of the decorations. Yes the piece of wood under the front of my wash basin could have been re-varnished. Some of the carpets are past their prime. These are all cosmetic flaws and probably a result of the Best Western effect. Look past that to see a super clean, comfortable luxury hotel at a very competitive price.

I will certainly book the Felicity again and I look forward to that stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Talamo
Reviewed 4 October 2013

It is comparatively an old property, not done much of a renovation for a long time, located near to the luhou station and metro, which makes it easily accessible, its actually near the border of Hong kong and China. the breakfast spread was good, rooms are not that big, front office staff was very helpful, and the best part is the price which we are paying .

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends