“Language barrier”

Best Western Shenzhen Felicity Hotel
Ranked #57 of 2,844 Hotels in Shenzhen
Reviewed 20 June 2014

The room was nice and clean. The restaurant was doing well, the staffs were fast and well trained.
The only concern is the staffs weren't speak English. Some of them didn't understand what were foreigners saying.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 9 June 2014

the hotel rooms could do with cleaning better as my room was dirty , the staff were not helpful , only great for the money , short walk to the hong kong border which is good , couldn't sleep very noisy , breakfast was not that good , wouldn't stay again

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank clifford m
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

This was an OK hotel if it were a 3 star hotel. The room was a little dirty. The furniture was falling apart. No outlets near the bed (that I could find at least). TV was pretty small. Breakfast was decent. Overall a really shabby hotel.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 May 2014

This is the first time I stay in this hotel and the service I received is very poor. While I am queuing at front desk for check in, there is a trainee and a senior front office assistance there who are doing the check in process. There are guest who did not queue up and directly went up to them, eventually, they served them first and the trainee actually saw me queuing up at the first place. This makes me feel annoying and very unsatisfied.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Due to my normal choice being booked, I made a last minute online booking for this hotel. It was a great decision and I was really surprised by just how comfortable my room was. It had a nice lounge area, separate guest toilet and a separate bedroom with en-suite. Cost was very reasonable (about 40-50% of what I normally pay at a hotel nearby), and the front counter staff were very friendly with good English. There are also some fruit shops and convenience stores nearby so easy to get some snacks too.

In terms of location this hotel is hard to beat. About 500-600 metres from the border and even less to the bus stop to and from the Airport. My room overlooked the border and railway station and it was nice to watch the comings and goings. No noise though as soundproofing was very good. My test for any hotel is would I return again. Next week I am booked in for my next stay and this time I am taking my wife too. So yes.

This is now my new default place to stay in Shenzhen!

Room Tip: The small suites are great value.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Checked in today to this hotel. We paid more to upgrade to a king size deluxe room. When we checked in they kept telling me I had booked a queen bed so I had to show them the receipt that said I had booked a deluxe king, they agreed and sent us to our room and when we arrived the bed looked really small for a king. I'm 6 months pregnant and gigantic, with my husband and my toddler daughter which is why we needed a bigger bed to sleep together. I called downstairs to ask where the king sized bed was, and they said asked me if I had booked a king. Which again, I said I had the receipt to show I upgraded to a king. They sent me to another room, and the bed was the same size as the previous. I called down to reception again and they said they would send me to another room with the bigger bed. Anyway to keep a long story shorter, they basically sent me and my family, pregnant, with a small child running around back and forth from upstairs to downstairs repeatedly to just show us rooms with the exact same sized small bed. All they had to say was that a queen sized bed was their version of a King sized bed but instead they sent us all over the place to just wear us down. Nice way to treat us. The non-smoking rooms smell like smoke, and the paint is chipping. Definitely nothing deluxe about these rooms.

1  Thank tamara l
Reviewed 24 May 2014

The Best WESTERN Felicity Hotel Shenzhen China is in a great location for us its our 3rd visit to this great hotel as we love shopping just across the road in the Lou Wo shopping district, the train station is no more than a 10 minute walk away even with luggage. We were there on the 3rd of May 2014 and it was my Birthday without saying anything on check in the young lady picked it up on my passport and invited the 3 of us to drinks and a birthday cake in the bar that night and the band even sung happy birthday to me, a big thank you!!!!.The rooms we had a have had were very clean neat and tidy on check in, all the staff speak good English and can answer any questions you have. Check in and out is a simple process and quick. Breakfast is excellent a very wide range of food to choose from, there are bars, night clubs, karaoke, and of course the shopping in the two shopping centers is a lot of fun. Don't miss staying at this Hotel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Room Tip: If you are a NON SMOKER ensure when you book you book a NON SMOKING room which the hotel has plenty...