“Rude.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Shenzhen
Shenzhen LOFT Youth Hostel
Reviewed 24 July 2013 via mobile

Genuinely unhappy looking group of folks that work here. Never saw a smile once and they were extremely rude. The guy at the front desk told me to get on the wrong bus to happy valley and another one practically screamed at me for no apparent reason. Very expensive." For what it is. Good location though..

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Nico S

Reviewed 12 July 2013

We really enjoyed our 2 night stay at Shenzhen Loft. My friend and I stayed in a twin room which was comfortable and clean. The bathroom was basic and on the small side, but not too bad. The hostel is good value, they had a great common area and good wifi. It's in a cool location and there are a number of great restaurants, cafes and bars nearby. It's about a 10-15 minutes on the metro to the city centre. The hostel is about a 15 minute walk from Qiaocheng East station. The area is quite upmarket and quiet and we felt quite safe walking around at night. Would recommend staying here when you're in Shenzhen.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 June 2013

Just 15 min walking distance from Metro station. It's located in a high-end district, surrounded by trees. A place to escape from the noisy city. Many restaurants and bars are around though little pricy. I stayed in the private room with a small shower room with big window with view of trees. A great choice if you want to stay a place like home rather than staying in a chained hotel at similar price. You better call in to check availability as I booked on line and found no vacancy on line. but when I arrived, they still have a private room available. 離地鐵站只有15分鐘走路的距離,這區屬於高級地段,街道有許多綠樹,環境也比較清幽,在華僑城LOFT裡有許多餐廳和酒吧,用餐還滿方便的,雖然價錢會比在其他區貴一點。

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 May 2013

great place to stay. Bathroom very clean. Situated near grocery store

Room Tip: great place to stay. only thing i wish they would take a debit card. I wish they would have a plac...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 April 2013

I had booked a bed in dormitory of that youth Hostel, from the Guangzhou Riverside Inter'l Youth Hostel and they told me 't was ok. But then, after a long trip from Guangzhou and by the subway, with a heavy luggage, when I reached it, I was told unpleasantly and rudely that they didn't accept any traveller of more than 65yo in the dormitory. Although I asked them why, I didn't get any proper answer. So I had to take a room with many beds but for me alone, at an higher cost! There I met a Japanese of my age who confirmed that position. What I mean, that hotel does not accept a traveller if he is more than 65 years old! But they should say that before at least at the time of booking.
Besides that place is situated near the Overseas Chinese Town and is, of course, taking advantage of that situation to "appear" posh. I do NOT advise that hotel for a "real" traveler who likes to visit a place as a "real" tourist. Then the next day I left for another place more welcoming and friendly.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank srinivasan369
Reviewed 31 March 2013

I have been in China 20 years, traveling all over and in different conditions. This hostel is the WORST ever experience, Expensive (with Rmb 200 you can find a 4 star hotel in Shenzhen), animals all around, dirty sheets, completely humid, cement floors, no safety, terribly noisy, never changing towels. And if you think that people in the South of China are friendly, well...this is the wrong address. No smiles, advanced payment required in a rude way. I am surprised that these structures still exist in China: the Yuyan Xue yuan (language institute ) of Beijing of the Nineties was better.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Eur0peangl0betr0tter
Reviewed 20 March 2013

the place is located in a nice area: green and peacefull; it doesn't look to be in shenzhen.
The interiors are interesting and warm, it could be a nice place where to spend a night talking with other travelers and sharing experience... BUT at midnight the common area is closed, you cannot go in the garden, nor smoking anymore, nor chatting.
The staff is very rigid and not helpful at all, they seem mind their own business and don't care of the customers.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo