“Great hotel.”

JW Marriott Hotel Shenzhen
Ranked #12 of 2,866 Hotels in Shenzhen
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Stayed here on business multiple times. Rooms, service and food are all excellent. No entertainment so it can become boring on long trips. Gym and pool are very nice as well. Beds are very comfortable.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,068)

Reviewed 4 November 2013

Yes, I like to add my approval to this very good JW Marriott in Shenzhen. True Marriott standard hotel. The room top my list for the pluses for this hotel. They are huge, well equipped, large bath room and a good size working desk. Like most of the Marriott chain hotels, this is a very functional hotel that provide business travelers the kind of efficiency and comfort they need. The improvement I can suggest is the management of the front drive way to relief congestion due to various reasons: uncooperative drivers blocking the way, unloading etc. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 October 2013

The room we got was big, beautiful and had everything you need. Fruit, bottle wather a big working table and a wonderful view. The staff was very helpful. There was a little noise from the traffic, but it did not bother us.
We enjoyed staying there and will for sure be back.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 October 2013

I stayed 2 nights for a business and It was amazing. The service was great. My check in was very smooth and quick. The staff was very friendly.

My room was amazing. I did not have a obstruction in the room so I can speak to that. My room was very large. I was expecting something like you see in Europe, a small room. My room was very large and the desk/work area was amazing. Next to the desk was a computer hook up area. I could connect my computer and play the info on the tv.

The bed was very comfortable, next to the bed was a button to raise and lower the shade.

The bath room was one of the best I have ever had in a hotel. The shower was a rain shower. I did not use the bath tube but it was a very large tube. I wanted this shower for my own home.

As for breakfast I don't now what others are talking about. They have a very nice buffet every morning. I was able to sit down as soon as I walked in and go and get my food. The wait staff was all over looking to see if they could help.

I never used the pool but I never base my stays for business on a pool.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone in the area.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 October 2013

As we wanted to enjoy a relaxing weekend at Shenzhen, we reserved a larger guest room at the Executive Level at the hotel. We were given a cornered room which was really spacious with a superb view. We went for swimming in the afternoon but were disappointed to find the swimming pool was very small, bearing in mind the hotel has over 400 guest rooms. We later went to the executive lounge and enjoyed a wonderful happy hour there. The food and drinks at the lounge were acceptable when compared to the executive lounges of other hotels in Shenzhen such as the Intercontinental, Shangri-La (Futian), Hyatt Regency and Westin Hotels.

It is worthy of note that the staff at the Club floor were very nice and in particular, a lady called Daphne was very helpful and professional. As I forgot both my Marriott Rewards number and the password, she took a lot of trouble to help me trace my number. I was most impressed by her perseverance when she resorted to all sort of means to render assistance for me.

The buffet breakfast at the Café Chinois was great with varieties of food for selection. We had a wonderful time at the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 October 2013

I stayed for 3 nights at the JW on a recent business trip to Shenzhen. The hotel was amazing. The rooms were large and comfortable. The staff was very friendly leaving chocolates and fruit each evening. I will definitely book this same hotel on all future trips to Shenzhen.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Stayed at the JW Marriott Hotel Shenzhen for one night before flying back to US via Hong Kong. We debated between the Ritz and the JW – both were excellent deals if you use your Marriott Reward points. We got a corner unit with ceiling-to-floor windows on two sides of the room. The room is nice, with comfortable bedding and a beautiful bathroom with soaking tub. The only flaw was that one of the windows could not be locked, which was not a big deal considering the high floor number.

What I want to highlight is the service of the well-trained, eager-to-help hotel staff. From the time of arrival, you’ll receive warm welcome from the friendly staff who attends to every detail. Throughout the stay we experienced great treatment, and there was nothing to complain about. I noticed an impressive spa on the fourth floor but did not have time to try it (maybe next time). Overall a great hotel; highly recommended to anyone who plans to stay in Shenzhen.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family