“The service quality is not good when compare several years ago”

JW Marriott Hotel Shenzhen
Ranked #12 of 2,862 Hotels in Shenzhen
Reviewed 11 July 2014

This is not a first time we go to this hotel.

We have went to this hotel for summer holiday.

Before we go to this hotel we have already raise the special request by the Virtual Concierge of Marriott. And, I have got the confirmation mail to my mailbox.

During the check-in process, the front desk said, they have not received any special request. So, I have show them the email of their confirmation. And, they have committed to fulfilled my requests.

But, the case is, they have not fulfill all our requests finally. For an example, there's a birthday cake request as we have a family member who have birthday during living in this hotel. And, this is available for select in Virtual Concierge as we requested. Finally, we have made two calls and wait for more than an hour before the cup cake delivered. The staff of the hotel in the calls always said, it will be delivered immediately. But, we need to wait for more than an hour finally.

Also, to make the picture clear for communication, we have send a mail to describe this case and asking for resolution. But, up to we checked out from the hotel, they have no respond about it.

It's disappointed for the service for JW Marriott as we have long relationship with Marriott.

Hope it can have improvement in the coming future.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,052)

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Stayed here on a business trip. The room was very good with a large bath tub and classy rain shower and large comfy bed. Staff were very helpful when I had a minor problem. Breakfast had everything you could wish for and we dined in the Man Ho restaurant which was very authentic and with a good choice. Staff were very friendly.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 July 2014

The hotel is pretty near to the border pass from Hong Kong and is convenient to access.

The rooms are spacious with large bathrooms and bathtubs. They are neat, clean and well equipped.

The facilities such as the gym are good and more than sufficient.

The services are good and reasonably priced for a five star.

Stayed there a few times and will do so again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I had the pleasure of staying at the JW Marriott earlier this year. A fantastic experience. The room is nicely furnished and the bathrooms are very very nice with a rain shower that you don't want to get out of.

The concierge loge is fantastic and the service there is amazing with the manager remembering what coffee you like and bringing it to your table in the am. The health club has great equipment and is not one of those corner room but a decent sized room with towels and bottled water.

When I go back there this is definitely where I will be staying.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I stayed at the JW while traveling with MBA class in April. I shared a room with my classmate, and it was LOVELY. The room was spacious -- 2 double beds with a sitting area and large bathroom. It was very easy to share with my classmate as the setup made it easy for one person to be in the bathroom with enough room to get ready, etc.

The beds were comfortable, the room was spotless and the staff were excellent. In fact, upon checkout, one of my classmates realized that he had left his laptop bag (with laptop inside) in the lobby the night before! The staff were very helpful and tried to track down who might have picked it up by accident. Fortunately, the guest who picked up the laptop returned it later that day when he realized it was not his. We had long since checked out and were over on the other side of town at meetings, but the staff insisted on delivering the laptop to my classmate.

Everyone spoke English, which was very helpful. And the staff in the bar were a delight. We ended up arriving late to the hotel so we missed our scheduled dinner. Some of my classmates and I went to the shops and did not get back until close to midnight. Nonetheless, the bar took care of us. We had cold beers and great burgers! Both at reasonable prices for a hotel, I might add.

The lobby is modern and smells amazing! I want whatever poptourri or room fragrance they are using. Just wonderful.

Make sure your room includes breakfast as you will not want to miss this! Wonderful selection of Chinese, European and American favorites. Very tasty and very worth it!

This was a fabulous property. I only wish I could have spent more time here.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 June 2014

This was just an awesome property to stay at. Although I stayed only one night, I wish I would have stayed longer.

The room had some major oomph factor to it. The breakfast was quite lavish with western and eastern choices.

Just awesome stay - look forward to staying here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

Very convenient location, all services available. Great gym, open 24 hours. Convenient parking. Nice restaurants. Located in the center of the city and close to business centers I deal with. Started there many times, always great experience.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business