“Hands down, one of the best hotels I've ever stayed in - stay here while in Shenzhen!!”

The Ritz-Carlton, Shenzhen
Ranked #2 of 2,786 Hotels in Shenzhen
Minneapolis, MN
Reviewed 5 January 2012

The Shenzhen Ritz is beautiful, with huge rooms and amazing service. I can't say enough good things about this hotel. And it's fairly inexpensive! Stay there if you're in Shenzhen.

Room Tip: ask for a higher floor
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 3 January 2012

I stayed at the Ritz Carlton a few weeks ago and had a really enjoyable staystay, all the staff were friendly and very accommodating, the breakfast downstairs is great and the Italian restaurant was a nice place to relax for dinner after a busy day shopping.
The location of the hotel is convenient to everything and the subway system in this city was surprisingly good and easy to navigate
Overall I loved this hotel and cannot wait till I am able to return to Shenzhen

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Vdieg0
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 December 2011

I was booked in for 5 nights by my office in this very modern hotel in an excellent location. Check in fine and nice people. The corridor stank of decay and damp which really put me off. I did have breakfast - nothing to write home about. Moved out and stayed in another hotel and won't be back.
Pity really because the staff are nice - other people in my office mentioned that the hotel has had some issues.

Room Tip: Chose a diferent hotel
New York & Bangkok
Reviewed 13 December 2011

This is my second trip to the Ritz in Shenzhen, China. For the price and considering what you get for your money, I would not recomend this hotel. Past trip we stayed on the club floor and only real complaint was that when I tried to check out downstairs in main lobby it took 30 minutes for the staff to complete the check out.

On this trip we had more problems. We arrived very late, and the hotel driver was waiting for us at the airport and was very nice. The car was good. Check at 1am was little slow, seems like they cant get through their internal computer systems quickly. For some reason it feels like they have to go through a lot of steps on their internal system to get a guest checked in.
Finally we got to our room, on ther regular floor this time, not the club floor and feeling exhausted but hungry decided to order some room service before trying to sleep. Fist call to room service and someone picks up the phone and right away hangs up. Ok, mistakes happen. 2nd call they tell me sorry, they will call back in few minutes, and then hang up again. Few minues later (remember this is after long flight and now close to 2am) I call again and am told there is only one room service staff on duty and they are busy making a delivery, can I call back in ten minutes? My wife wants to know if this is the same guy that will be cooking the food too! Finally i need to call the duty manager and complain, asking him to pass on my order (for Wonton Soup) to the one room service staff. 20 minutes later the duty manager comes up with the soup and tells me there are extra noodles and it is free for me. I apreciate the gesture of extra noodles and no charge for the food, but come on! Ritz Carlton charging 500 dollars or more a night should have more than one room service staff taking orders and delivering food!

At this point my wife notices the room is hot and uncomfortable and a.c that has been running for an hour is not helping. However as we have already complained about room service and it is past 2am we dont have the strength to call again and instead fall asleep in the hot and stuffy room.

If this was a 3 star 60 dollar room i would say ok, par for the course, but for the Ritz really unacceptable. Next time will try the Grand Hyatt.

Room Tip: Give yourself extra time to check in and check out
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 28 November 2011

The hotel is located closer to the lok ma chau station (fr hk) than luo wu, so if you are only interested to go shopping at luo wu then this may not be for you. However, getting to luo wu is no major drama, taxis are availble.
But for us, we were there for furniture shopping, so it was good.
The hotel is fairly new, so everything works and is nice. Only downside is the cheap fragrance/air freshener they use at the lobby. Perhaps better to burn some essential oils instead?
But once we got to our rooms it was paradise. Room was large and has a generous feel.

• Stayed October 2011
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 11 November 2011

compare to Grand Hyatt, Shenzhen -
Ritz-Carlton SZ, the lobby not grand, small, the cafe is enough choices of food.
location not as good as GH SZ.
The room is better than GH SZ, higher standard, large TV in washroom.
the staff of the hotel more smart and helpful.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank dddtrip
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 31 October 2011

My girlfriends and I simply loved our stay at the Ritz Carlton Shenzhen. Check in was a breeze. We arrived at 8 am...early at the hotel and was hoping we could get a room to freshen up.

The front desk not only got a room for us but got us inter-connecting rooms. The second room was not ready but we were pleased with having a room at 8 am.

The room was huge....beautiful with a living area and 2 large comfortable single beds. There was even a Nespresso machine to make aromatic coffee.

The second room had a King size bed and smaller than the first room but just as luxurious. Beds were comfortable. In the bathroom, you can watch tv while you soak in the bath. Such a treat.

Taxis are readily available and if you want to take the train, the entrance is just around the corner of the hotel entrance. Very convenient.

Room service however needs improvement. I found my club sandwich cold.

I want to thank Kimmy Kim, the hotel's guest relations officer who provided much welcomed sightseeing advice and shopping tips. She was truly patient with our numerous questions.

It was wonderful to return to the hotel at the end of each day. I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed October 2011