“Superb”

Ranked #2 of 2,781 Hotels in Shenzhen
Taipei, Taiwan
“Superb”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Due to my job, I am in Shenzhen 4 days out of the week. I have plenty of choices in hotels and enjoy top tier status with SPG, Hyatt and now, Ritz/Marriott.

Without going into details others have repeated in their reviews, here are several things that I find unique compared to the other competing properties around the area, and why I have decided to continue to stay at the Ritz:

- Very genuine customer service. Not because I've been here for 50 nights already this year, but since day 2, they know my coffee preference in the morning, that I don't need/require turn down service, would like extra water in the room, the cookies are a nice touch, etc. most of the staff are trained and are giving you a real smile. I hope they keep this up.

- 30 seconds walk from the lobby to the Subway station. It rains a lot this time of year, you're sure not to get wet.

- 2 subway stops from Futian border into HK. And then a taxi ride to HK airport is less than 40 minutes.

- Upgraded docking stations with lightning connectors, fits 2 of your devices.

- very consistently above average food in the restaurants, very reasonably priced as well (buy their membership card and enjoy good % off meals). Not a lot of the locals come and eat here, maybe because they feel it's very upscale and expensive. This is great for us that really do not want to deal with hearing the unpleasant loud "noises" that's common in China...

- Above average gym. And a GREAT Sauna/steam room area, one of the best in any country. Very clean and quiet. The pool is quite nice but it's outdoor only.

- Good internet speed. No problems VPN out for FB, company mails, etc.

The only real down side is that Ritz has no lounge access for their Plat members, but that's a Chain-wide rule and nobody should be complaining about this. The alternative would be the JW 3 subway stops away. But I prefer this one.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank travelerintaiwan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Mikkeli, Finland
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We recently stayed in a double room at this lovely hotel and I must say, the service was absolutely the best we received during our trip! Incredibly friendly and efficient staff and my daughter received a lovely welcome with a candy bar that had been set up in the room for her. The room was spacious with lovely views - the bathroom was fantastic with floor to ceiling window so you could watch the world go by while relaxing the bath. Although the office (?) building next door may put someone of shy nature off… We had room service - there was plenty to choose from and the food was fine, normal hotel grub. We also had breakfast in the room and apart from the anemic chicken sausages they seem to like to serve in all the hotels, the breakfast was very nice although rather pricey. I would definitely stay here again - great location and great hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Tiikeri2011
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I've tried and failed to better this choice while staying in Shenzhen. Superb execution in all respects for this superb 5 star property. Absolutely no failures from the check-in, room ammenities, staff service and efficient check-out. The room hardware is standing the test of time and looks / feels as fresh as the day the property was opened. Management are to be congratulated for their attention to detail. RC has earned the confidence of this returning guest and hope that future stays are as enjoyable as past visits. If its your 1st visit to Shenzhen... you can choose this property with confidence...and depart with the feeling that for every travel dollar spent here, was well worth your investment. Hands down one of the top 5 hotels in the entire PRC market. Well done RC management and staff.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Santa Clara, California
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I just completed a 5-day stay at the Ritz Shenzhen. This has just become my go-to hotel when traveling to China on business. The service is outstanding no matter who you run into… from being greeted at the door, to check-in, to staff at the restaurants, and everyone in-between. We had to work over the weekend and reserved one of the Exec. Conf. Room. both days. Everything was set up and staff was there to support every request, made reservations for lunch for us, and keep us on tea & coffee.

I had a spa service on Sat. night and the staff was great! YoYo was the best massage therapists I have ever had… so good that I went back the next night for another massage. The spa center itself was quiet, peaceful, clean, and calming. A great way to end the day and relax after having to work the entire weekend.

The sales & marketing staff went beyond and above and so did the catering & conf. services team. Between Kelly, Zio, Angela, and Elaine, they took care of everything, provided personalized service, and exceeded any expectation I could imagine. I cannot express my gratitude to them for everything they did!

We ate at all 3 restaurants and each meal was amazing. From the Sashimi, to the Wagyu Beef, to the lamb chops, to the Sunday Brunch… Oh the Sunday Brunch! Amazing with so many choices and everything was perfect. Thanks to Karan, Nicole & all their staff for providing dining experiences that makes each place special and a "go to" for new favorite meals.

I can't end this review without mentioning Sun-Il from Guest relations who provided had a special tray of deserts delivered to my room. That made my day!

I will be talking about my stay here for weeks - just in time to return and repeat the experience and actually enjoy a business trip!

San Diego, California
Reviewed 26 April 2014

I have been staying in the Ritz Carlton Shenzhen since it opened and the hotel simply continues to get better. There is simply no other place to stay in Shenzhen.

This visit, we reserved rooms on the executive floor. When I checked in, I was given a junior suite since there were the rooms designated rooms were not available. A nice trade-off. My room consisted of a bedroom and a sitting room divided by a small partition. The bed was the largest bed I have ever seen (seemed like the size of one king and queen together). It was also incredibly comfortable. The bathroom was the same as the other rooms which is to say, large, huge tube, great shower and generally well appointed. As always, the hotel has great bath products, this time from Asprey.

The executive lounge at the Hotel is one of the best in which I been. It has a modern library feel with plenty of wood and plush seating. Moreover, it has a few sitting rooms that are more private for a quiet conversation. The real distinguishing feature, though, is the service. On my first visit, they knew my name and by my second, they knew what tea I drank. They were pleasant, quick and professional. The only complaint I had was that during the day the snack selection was a bit weak, but in the overall scheme of things a pretty minor point.

In addition to the comfortable rooms and great service, the hotel is located in the Futian District of Shenzhen which is arguably the best area if you have to stay in Shenzhen. There is shopping and loads of restaurants, both western and Asian, within walking distance.

I have stayed in a great deal of luxury hotels over the years in many countries, but the Ritz-Carlton Shenzhen continues to remain one of my favorite.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Jane Z, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Shenzhen, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Dear Sir,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful review of our property with the Trip Advisory community. The Club Level is one of my favorite experiences at the hotel and I am thrilled you enjoyed the amenities and services. We strive to be your “home away from home” when traveling and hope to welcome you back again soon.

Coconut Grove
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Perfect hotel for Business Travelers in Shenzhen. Very well located, very good restaurants, and immaculate service from the staff. I had a small inconvenient, which was outstandingly addressed by Mr. Alan Jin and his team. Definitively must be the first choice for anyone who wants to enjoy Shenzhen at it’s best.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Jane Z, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Shenzhen, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a lovely review about the hotel. I was thrilled to learn our Ladies and Gentlemen were able to anticipate and fulfill your needs during your recent stay. I feel very fortunate to work with outstanding ladies and gentlemen like Alan and his team. I will be sure to share your kind words with them.
I love reading reviews like yours. Thank you for sharing your experience with the travel community. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 19 April 2014

I travel a lot for work and get to stay in 4+ star hotels. However, this hotel blew others out of the water. It was beautiful and the rooms are huge with tall ceilings and a huge bathroom with free-standing tub. Right when my colleague and I checked in we were given green tea while waiting for our room keys and then we were each escorted to our rooms where staff showed us around the room in detail. What great service! I'd definitely stay here again when I return to Shenzhen. The huge buffet breakfast was not only delicious and huge but was beautifully laid out. I was sad to leave!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Jane Z, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Shenzhen, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Dear Ms.Lisa,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with the travel community. I am delighted to know that you had a wonderful stay with us.
Feedback such as this is very encouraging to our ladies and gentlemen in providing excellent guest service.
Once again I thank you for sharing your experience with us and look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Sincerely yours,