Due to my job, I am in Shenzhen 4 days out of the week. I have plenty of choices in hotels and enjoy top tier status with SPG, Hyatt and now, Ritz/Marriott.
Without going into details others have repeated in their reviews, here are several things that I find unique compared to the other competing properties around the area, and why I have decided to continue to stay at the Ritz:
- Very genuine customer service. Not because I've been here for 50 nights already this year, but since day 2, they know my coffee preference in the morning, that I don't need/require turn down service, would like extra water in the room, the cookies are a nice touch, etc. most of the staff are trained and are giving you a real smile. I hope they keep this up.
- 30 seconds walk from the lobby to the Subway station. It rains a lot this time of year, you're sure not to get wet.
- 2 subway stops from Futian border into HK. And then a taxi ride to HK airport is less than 40 minutes.
- Upgraded docking stations with lightning connectors, fits 2 of your devices.
- very consistently above average food in the restaurants, very reasonably priced as well (buy their membership card and enjoy good % off meals). Not a lot of the locals come and eat here, maybe because they feel it's very upscale and expensive. This is great for us that really do not want to deal with hearing the unpleasant loud "noises" that's common in China...
- Above average gym. And a GREAT Sauna/steam room area, one of the best in any country. Very clean and quiet. The pool is quite nice but it's outdoor only.
- Good internet speed. No problems VPN out for FB, company mails, etc.
The only real down side is that Ritz has no lounge access for their Plat members, but that's a Chain-wide rule and nobody should be complaining about this. The alternative would be the JW 3 subway stops away. But I prefer this one.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Ebookers, Booking.com, Agoda, Marriott, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Shenzhen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ritz-Carlton, Shenzhen Hotel Shenzhen