“More of an Inn than A Hotel”
Review of Prince Inn

Prince Inn
Ranked #893 of 2,769 Hotels in Shenzhen
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“More of an Inn than A Hotel”
Reviewed 30 December 2012

I booked this hotel through a chinese website and was given 2 breakfast in the contracted rate. On arrival at the hotel I was told "no breakfast". They were good enough to talk to the travel booking company and subsequently i was informed that the booking company had made a mistake. They did not realise that the Hotel does not have a restaurant at all.

I had booked the Honeymoon Suite....it is really huge... about 700 sq. mtrs...huge.. I had come in from Hongkong - so it seemed like a football ground. The location is very good... just get out of Shenzhen Railway Station and look up.. just behind Shangrila.. you can see the name..

The television channel were all chinese.. nothing english....so if you plan to stay here plan to spend all your timeout.. and come back to sleep only...

The only plus point was the location....and huge room sizes....otherwise an average hotel,, and the worst part.. everytime you go in or out you are accosted by touts offering you anything or everything...

Room Tip: Choose the Honey moon Rooms.. they are big and they are on a high floor..I stayed on 33rd floor in a...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Thai first
united kingdom
Reviewed 14 November 2012

We were visiting a friend in Hong Kong and decided to have a couple of days in China. We chose this hotel as it was convenient for the train station and where we wanted to go. Upon reaching the hotel it didnt look to bad from the outside,but a whole different story inside. The first thing that greeted you when you walked up to the desk was the strong smell of cigarette smoke, very stale and horrible.There were fag ends on the floor by the check in desk.The lifts all smelt of it as did all the floors in the hotel. Despite asking for a non smoking room,it was very clear this was not the case. The room itself is NOTHING like the pictures you see. There is no where to hang your clothes only a couple of hangers on a metal rack screwed to the wall. The walls were damp with patches all over them where someone had clearly tried to cover it up. The smell of damp was incredible and worse in our friends room. The bathroom was disgusting,all round the grouting including the shower was black with damp,the whole room was a health hazzard. We complained with little effect,they really didnt care,we managed to get the deposit back,although they offered us an upgrade we wanted out as soon as possible. The room we had was already described as a delux room so heaven only knows what the others were like. I couldnt even begin to rate this hotel,all i can advise is to avoid it like the plague. We actually ended up going in the hotel next door for something to eat before heading back to Hong Kong.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank nicola a

Travellers are raving about these Shenzhen hotels

SG
Reviewed 9 October 2012

Stay for one night, a special offer by Inn for walkin guest that came after 12mid night. (Depend on availablity) Reception not friendly and service are average, the security behalf like a gangster and when i try to board the lift in the morning, shouted at me the purpose of my visit. Plus saw the security was shouting and fighting with somebody at the lobby following day.
Room was ok but not clean.
Overall average during my stay, but i like the location because it is near to LuoHu train station.
Food at nearby was bad, never find any good food at night.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
KOLKATA
Reviewed 30 June 2012

We stayed in this hotel for 3 days &our stay was enjoyable Rooms are very airy and clean.Best thing about the the hotel is its location and price which is very affordable.We came to Shenzhen from HONGKONG by metro and just after crossing border and clearing immigration we could see the 35 storey building of the hotel Bus terminus, metro station , and ferry are just at stones throw from the hotel.Convenience store SEVEN ELEVEN is just in the next building.Staff were nice and helpful but unfortunately they neither speak nor understand any english.One thing bad about the hotel is its an inn and not a hotel and as such they do not serve any food They charge for everything they supply Even water bottles are not free in this star hotel!/. Internet connection is good and free but no FACEBOOK in CHINA.ONE PIECE OF ADVISE-- PL DO NOT BOARD TAXIS PARKED IN FRONT OF THE HOTEL AND FALL PREY TO THE HOOKERS &CHEAT LOITERING IN FRONT OF THE H0TEL

Room Tip: Choose a room in a higher floor &if a couple, go for honeymoon suit.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KOLKATASANKAR
Kuching, Malaysia
Reviewed 8 April 2012

Stayed for three nights. Good location, can easily see the hotel from Luohu station. Room is big and clean, you can tell the floorboard has been cleaned appropriately. Toilet is clean and good. Few negatives which are ok if you are not fussy. Receptionist was not very experienced, minimal guidance can be provided for getting around the town. Can be quite noisy stay as it is right next to railway station and busy streets. Toilet I had can be partially visible by others in the room ie while you are resting on bed or watching tv. Bed is a bit hard for my partner but ok for me. Otherwise good choice for location and easy access to transport!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Dallas, TX
Reviewed 1 November 2011

We walked into the hotel, and the check in counter was on the 7th floor, apparently the one in the lobby was just for show. The check in counter had three people in a makeshift hotel room converted to a small office, with two girls watching TV, a counter manager taking money, and his mentally challenged son sitting behind him playing a shooter game on an ipad. They booked us at first into a room with the floor trip ripped out showing rusted nails, jagged carped edges and exposed concrete. My right hand to God on this. I was pretty hacked, I'm traveling with my wife and a two year old. I was taking them out when found us another room with a better setup, looking more like the ones in the pictures. At that point we were all tired and went ahead and paid the rate. Left my wife in the room to get comphy, carried my sleeping son down to pay the bill for one night. Coming back to the room, about 12 hookers came into the elevator and rode up with me, jumping off at one floor. They wanted to say hi to my son whom I was carrying, I moved him to my opposite shoulder to keep them away. HELL NO was I going to let one of them touch him. Came back to the room and my wife had found open packs of condoms in the night stand, and a bag of soiled clothes left over from one of the girls "business ventures". I had had it and my wife was furious. She spoke Chinese and chewed their staff up and down when they said they wouldn't refund the full amount paid, actually shoved the hooker clothes in one of the guys faces to smell. Long story short, we got our money back and went next door tot the shangri la.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
8 Thank Scalpel4
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 25 July 2011

I spent 3 nights with my daughter in this Hotel . The experience was very good. Big rooms without carpet (always the best fro budget hotels), great view from the rooms at 37 floor. The location is fabolouos, next to Shangri-La Hotel and of course to the Hong Kong border. Full of convenient shopping and restaurants nearby. For sure a good place to stay at budget price.

Room Tip: ask for high follors
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family