Grand Hyatt Shenzhen
US$39
Agoda.com
US$95
US$81
All reviewsthe penthousegreat hotelmixc mallground floorhigh end shoppingthe club loungerain showerdiamond memberguest roomsbreakfast buffetfitness centerf bhotel roomrooms are spaciousbusiness travelchinese restaurantlobby
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights in May2014 in a Club Room with my family, check-in location at the top floor and check-in was fast. The room was big and clean, and has a coffee machine in room. The baby crib was well set up in the room as requested, there was a “Panda Doll” on the crib and my kid loves it.

The location was great, just 5 mins taxi from Lo Wu Train Station, walking distance to shopping mall.

Breakfast was great with variety of selection as a 5 star hotel where we had it at the Club Lounge. A nice place to relax in the afternoon for some snacks and drinks. The service was impressive at the lounge, really appreciated.

The swimming pool was good as a city hotel; there weren’t many guests when we go there so we enjoyed it a lot.

The only things that I have comments on are the bathroom and toilet in our room. The design of the room was quite unique as the shower area was located in the middle of the bathroom and the toilet is at the corner separately. When you take the shower, the water leak out from the shower area easily where it can be very slippery and dangerous especially travelling with a kid. I had to put a towel on the floor to stop the leakage. As for the toilet, it was stuck 2 times during our stay where we have a call the room service to clean it up. PS. We were not throwing a lot of toilet papers in it, just a normal amount you have to use.

Before we left, I wanted to purchase the “Panda Doll” so I called the reception, surprisingly they can give it to us for free!! It’s not the matter of money as the doll would probably just cost few hundred RMB; it’s the little things that count and makes your customer WOW.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Howie L
Grand Hyatt S, Hotel Manager at Grand Hyatt Shenzhen, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear Howie L,

Greetings. Thank you for choosing Grand Hyatt Shenzhen and taking the time to comment on your great stay. We strive to create memorable experiences for each and every one of our guests, including the young ones and I am delighted to learn that we exceeded your expectations on this occasion. We hope that our little gift has brought your child comfort and many sweet slumbers.

Our engineering associates have since checked and fixed the root causes of the issues in the bathroom, ensuring that the plumbing is smooth and shower stall is leak-proof. Having said that, I would like to apologize for the inconvenience these shortfalls may have caused you and your family. Additionally, we thank you for your kind compliments about the dining options and service at the Grand Club Lounge. It was truly a pleasure having you stay with us, and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

In the meantime, if we can be of further assistance, please contact us directly.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

The overall stay was excellent, I really enjoyed my time at the Grand Hyatt Shenzhen. The rooms were very modern and the beds were very comfortable. I could have stayed in the room all day.
But the only thing that was a letdown during this visit was the staff at the Sugarbox cafe. The attitude and the service does not befit that of the Hyatt brand. There is clearly a distinct disparity in their service towards Asian and Non-Asian customers. I was appalled and very disappointed with their service and their unfair treatment. How they blatantly show different levels of customer service based on the customer's racial background was totally unacceptable. Racial discrimination is not tolerated at any levels. It should never ever happen in a five star establishment such as Grand Hyatt.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Grand Hyatt S, Hotel Manager at Grand Hyatt Shenzhen, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2014

Dear lamchops22

Greetings from Grand Hyatt Shenzhen.

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed the comfort of our guest rooms and had an excellent stay experience. I also appreciate you bringing the service related issues you witnessed at Sugar Box to our attention. I would like to offer my sincere apologies for the inconvenience this may have caused you. Please rest assured that Grand Hyatt Shenzhen does not condone discrimination in any form and we treat this matter very serious. Our Director of Food & Beverage has responded to you directly via e-mail and if I may kindly ask you to describe the situation in detail to him for us to understand what exactly transpired, in order to prevent reoccurrence.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

After a rather 'average' stay at another Hyatt property in Hong Kong, I read the other reviews of this property on this site. More on that to follow...

The Grand Hyatt was a quick 5 minute cab ride from the Train Station. Upon entering the property, i was take to the top floor for check in at the beautiful and dramatic Penthouse Lobby. Wow!

My room was beautiful. It was HUGE, and featured a bathroom with exquisite marble walls, rain shower, tub, twin lavatories and much more. The bath alone was the size of a small hotel room.

My room also included a dressing room , king size bed, dining/office table, and an outstanding view. The room was PERFECT. The design was contemporary...yet rich and comfortable. I could have moved in for a very long time, and I certainly didnt want to leave!

The Regency Club provided yet another jaw dropping experience. WIth high vaulted ceilings, the room(s) created the prefect vantage point for viewing Shenzhen. The club is made of several rooms, each centered around the bar/kitchen area. Everything is beautiful. The food offerings for both breakfast and evening service were extensive...and WONDERFUL! The beverage selections were also very nice.

Service throughout the hotel was superb. From my greeting at the ground floor valet, to the front desk, and the Club staff....everyone was kind, courteous and they each made you feel that they wanted to do anything to make your stay as comfortable as possible. Staff members greeted me by name NUMEROUS times, which earns big points in my book!

The health club was very nice, and offered all the essential cardio machines and few weight machines in a BEAUTIFUL environment.

In the negative reviews on this site, i noticed two primary items. First, the design of the rooms and the fact that the bathrooms have glass walled showers that are exposed to the sleeping area. This could be uncomfortable if you are traveling with someone that you are not that close to....unless you learn how to slide the doors across and create COMPLETE privacy. This style of room is NOT new to Hyatt, and is featured throughout many upscale properties in the USA. Hyatt has done a much better job of creating this beautiful environment....but providing a method for privacy.

The other comment was with regard to having to use 2 elevators to get from the ground floor to your room. First you take an elevator to the lobby (top of hotel), then another elevator down to your room. Ok, big deal! MANY, MANY high-rise hotels utilize twin elevators. (Mandarin Las Vegas, and Park Hyatt Shanghai are 2 that i have visited in the past few weeks).

These comments reflect more on the lack of travel experience from those that write the reviews. This hotel is wonderful. It is beautiful. I feel that those that wrote negative comments are looking for 'something for free', or are simply ignorant with regard to first class hotels. I think they might be happier at the Holiday Inn Express.

I love this hotel, and cant wait to go back.

Did i forget to mention that it is part of a HUGE shopping center with great retail and dining options? WOnderful to have this outside your door to explore....

Bravo, Grand Hyatt! You are one of my favorite hotels in the WORLD! See you soo

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Grand Hyatt S, Hotel Manager at Grand Hyatt Shenzhen, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Dear JamesE339,

Greetings from Grand Hyatt Shenzhen.

As a seasoned traveller, your opinion and feedback means a lot to us. Thank you for staying at Grand Hyatt Shenzhen and taking the time to share your experience with other fellow travellers on this forum. As hoteliers, creating experiences like the ones described in your review is what we strive to achieve on a daily basis. I am delighted that we exceeded your expectations on this occasion. We are immensely proud and encouraged to receive such a glowing review from you and rest assured, you kind comments and praise will be shared with the entire team.

Once again, thank you for supporting Grand Hyatt Shenzhen. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future. In the meantime, if we may be of further assistance, please do contact us directly.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

This is the best business / luxury hotel in Shenzhen. The staff is always on top of your needs. The restaurants are great and the chefs are amazing. Highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a luxury experience in Shenzhen.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Grand Hyatt S, Hotel Manager at Grand Hyatt Shenzhen, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear Robert B,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay at Grand Hyatt Shenzhen and giving us the accolade of “Best hotel in Shenzhen”. We are glad to hear that the hospitality from our associates and our culinary offerings made your stay amazing. Your recommendation means a lot to us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Best regards,

Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

My review of the hotel is simple. A full five star hotel.
The situation I had is a complicated one, but it does not reflect on how the hotel is to the average guest. I can see how everyone enjoys this hotel with a real five star experience and professional staff.

I rated this hotel five stars because I understand how rare the staff would encounter my situation and I acknowledge that there is no simple solution for my issues.

I would like to take this opportunity to welcome the new hotel manager, Mr. Per Kredner.

I am a proud Hyatt diamond elite member. As a diamond member, I expect to receive special recognition and consideration. Any issue should be immediately resolved. The staff should go out of their way to make my experience better, even if it means that they beyond the basic terms and conditions. I should never have to check the terms on the website to argue with the staff. The staff should always agree with what I say (within reason) even if there is a gray area.

I wanted a suite with two twin beds so my partner and I can stay in the same room and have an area for meetings. When I arrived in the hotel, they told me that there are no suites with two twin beds, only king bed suites. The staff brought me to see rooms as an alternative. They brought me to a twin room, which I could not use because I needed a place for private meetings. The twin room they brought me to also had a strong unfresh smell that the staff member acknowledged. She then proceeded to show me the Grand king suite. This room is only 20 meters bigger than the smallest room in the hotel, and again does not have twin beds. This suite only has one bathroom as well, so it is not ideal for meetings. The staff members told me that there were only 6 available rooms at that time and those were my only good options. I took the suite and added a rollaway bed to the living room area as the bedroom was too small. I am a big full grown man and the rollaway bed is was too small in my opinion. The pillow on the bed covered roughly the entire width of the bed. Now, with a rollaway bed in the living room, I could not have meetings there. The sofa had some stains that looked like they were from a white liquid, but I did not use the sofa so I did not complain.

The second day of my stay was today. I needed to book a second room. I went to book a second room and the staff told me that according to Chinese law, I could only book one room with one passport. So I told the staff member that I will use my friend's passport to check in and proceeded to give her my friend's name. She told me that when he arrives and says my name, she should take his passport and give him the room key. When he arrived, they assigned a room on a high floor for him which he did not want and asked for a lower floor. For some reason the they decided to call me and let me know that the lowest floor that they can offer is the 9th floor and only a twin bed room, not a king room. I said to forget about changing the room that he was assigned and just keep the original room. For some reason they thought I said to put my friend in the room that I checked into the day earlier, and that I do not need to book a second room. They gave him the room key to the wrong room, my first room and he walked into the room invading privacy. I quickly ran to the hotel from a meeting elsewhere and got the second room.

As I diamond member I was expecting diamond benefits for my second room as well, but no, they will not do that. Because they refused to do so, I asked how many guests can enjoy the club benefits of my first room. They said only 2. I checked the terms and conditions on the website and it did not clearly state how many, though it suggests that 4 guests can enjoy it.

Here is quote from the terms.

"4. Diamond members will receive access to the Regency Club or Grand Club lounge in hotels that have the lounge. During periods of high demand, access to the Regency Club or Grand Club lounge may not be available; therefore Diamond members will receive 2,500 bonus points per stay plus daily complimentary full breakfast inclusive of one entrée (or standard breakfast buffet), juice and coffee (tax, gratuity and service charges included) for each registered guest in the room, maximum four (4) people.
5. At Hyatt hotels that do not have a Regency Club or Grand Club lounge, daily complimentary full breakfast inclusive of one entrée (or standard breakfast buffet), juice and coffee (tax, gratuity and service charges included) will be provided to the member and each registered guest in the room, maximum four (4) people. For stays at Hyatt Regency Bethesda, daily continental breakfast (tax and gratuity included) will be provided to the member and each guest registered in the room, maximum four (4) people. Breakfast is not valid for in-room dining. Benefit not valid at Hyatt Place or Hyatt House."

In conclusion, there should never be a time where a customer is upset in a 5 star hotel. This is a great hotel. I wish that I did not have these problems. I really hope that the hotel will try to go out of their way to make their most valuable guests happy in the future.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Grand Hyatt S, Hotel Manager at Grand Hyatt Shenzhen, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear Yosef N,

Greetings from Grand Hyatt Shenzhen.

Thank you very much for taking the time to share such an in-depth review of your Grand Hyatt Shenzhen experience and for the thoughtful acknowledgement and welcome. We are immensely proud to receive a five star rating from a Hyatt Gold Passport Diamond member - and senior TripAdvisor reviewer. We appreciate your kind patience while we sought out the various room arrangements that would meet your needs and hope your stay was comfortable and enjoyable once the situation was settled. Your continued patronage is most important to us. Please feel free contact me directly should you require any assistance or clarifications prior to your future visits, should we be fortunate enough to be able to welcome you back again .

I look forward to welcoming you back to Grand Hyatt Shenzhen again in the not too distant future. In the meantime, if I may be of further assistance, please do contact me directly.