“Business in Shenzhen”

Ranked #15 of 2,769 Hotels in Shenzhen
Twinsburg, Ohio
“Business in Shenzhen”
Reviewed 14 September 2011

I have come to China many times and stayed at numerous hotels in both Hong Kong and Mainland China. I have to say this this hotel is a must choice for a wonderful and beautiful stay. You are greeted in the lobby with a simle and all the people working at the Westin speak clear english to make check in very comfortable and easy. While you get checked in you receive a cool glass of apple/green tea juice and are escorted to the elevators. This hotel is top notch!!!

Room Tip: Room 717 faces the "Windows to the World" ... very cool view!
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
westinshenzhen, Manager at The Westin Shenzhen Nanshan, responded to this review, 22 September 2011
Thank you for choosing us and taking your time to share your feedback after your recent stay with us.We are passionate about nurturing your mind, body, and soul by empowering you with a sense of well-being so that you can be at your best.We’re looking forward to your next trip to Shenzhen. Be recharged.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Shanghai
Reviewed 12 September 2011

The hotel has it all - great service, wonderful food (what a breakfast), one of the cooler bars in Shenzhen for views and a location near the major attractions, shopping, eating and subway. I recommend it!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the sunrise, it gets a bit hot and too sunny!
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
It is inspiring to hear that you had a good experience at The Westin Shenzhen Nanshan.We can arrange a room with another view for you next time. Hope to welcome you back soon.Be well.
singapore
Reviewed 8 September 2011

We had a pleasant 4 nights' stay in Westin; room was luxurious with great night views of Windows of the World. Staff were exceptionally attentive in helping with luggages and hotel buffet breakfast has good variety even though we had it daily.
It is linked to the Holiday Plaza located above the direct 2 subway to She Kou ferry and another to LCC.
However, I find the bathroom layout odd with the bath tub like blocking the way to the bathroom. For more privacy when using the toilet, you will have to close up all 6 panels of sliding doors; otherwise leave it open so that the room looks more spacious.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
We are glad to hear you have experienced great time in our hotel. We appreciate your valuable feedback. For more privacy when using the bathroom, you can open the shower room door,that door is not only for shower room,but also for hiding the toilet .We hope that there will be another opportunity for us to renew your experience at The Westin Shenzhen Nanshan. Be Well.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 August 2011

I found the staff friendly, the food was good and my suite was very comfortable. Bathrooms are cool with a real room standing bath.

The lounge was a little dark but it did have good food and drinks. Staff in lounge were friendly. It was a comfortable place to be.

Business center was ok.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
Warm greetings from The Westin Shenzhen Nanshan. Thanks for your comments.We'd appreciate you like our hotel. Wish you a memorable trip next time.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 3 August 2011

room is clean and new; bathroom is interesting - the sliding doors are pretty nice; convenient - direct entrance to the big shopping mall; breakfast is good too - enough choices; good ground transportation (shuttle bus) to Hong Kong airport (also direct subway to She Kou ferry).
Compared to Crown Plaza crossed the street, the hotel entrance is kind of small. Otherwise, they are in the same level but The Westin is more convenient.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
Austin
Reviewed 25 July 2011

Stayed several times in the Westin Shenzhen between Fall of 2010 and April 2011. The hotel is new, the rooms are on the small side but nicely done and efficient. Interesting bathrooms :-)
The food in the hotel is good -- the breakfast very good and the staff is attentive
The hotel is located in the same building with one of Shenzhen's new / fancy shopping malls. Also the mall offers several choices for local restaurants.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
San Jose, California
Reviewed 30 June 2011

We have been travelling to this hotel very regular, almost from the beginning; allowing to have some bad odors in the rooms, while they were new. They continuous keep having mold odor and the room cleaning is disastrous at the moment, found a used foreign object next to the bed. When I called up about it they apologized, but no one came to clean it up or offered me to change a room. No one seem to care. Nowadays the rooms are filty.

I have been top Plat member for many years and throughout my travels this is the worst hotel I ever experienced.

One morning arriving at work 20 minutes later I realised I forgot my purse coz could not enter the building, so I get my driver to take me back to the hotel and took my purse. As I was in a hurry to get to work I did not realise that half of my money was lifted from my purse. Later I called the hotel and the response was it was my own responsibility and it cannot be proven that anything was stolen. No apology, no investigation.

Restaurant service is poor and so was the food on the buffet in Tastes; appaling; dry, no flavors, too salty, too sweet, oil, etc.. After many stays, I asked to take away a croissant and a doughnut as I really did not have time for breakfast this time. I was told they cannot and send me to the Deli shop; no one was there and asked one staff and they said it was not their area. I ended up going away without anything.

Their Club Lounge is nothing special, no service, dark with no windows, not open long enough and food wise not worth to pay anything, but than again I am a Plat and get it for free.

In the past I had issues with blocked drainage; nearly fell down in the bathroom, saw a rat running through the restaurant on top floor, but I was told I imagine that as the hotel does not have rats. Mold odors in rooms, major construction work outside the hotel, glass on floor in bathroom, overcharged on my credit card – after they finally realized, had to wait a month to get it back and because of currency exchange difference ended up short. Meeting interrupted once before, because the hotel had no power. Enough is enough.

I would say think a hundred times before you stay in this hotel, for the price, there are 99 other hotels that are better and treat the customer as a value person. They just do not seem to care.
Even the Four Points does a much better job, their rooms are not as new, but location wise and service is way better and the pricing is more competitive. For the price you can stay better in Sheraton, Four Points, Intercontinental, Shangri-La, Grand Hyatt, JW Marriott, Ritz-Cartlon or even the Kempinski in Shekou. Ask your company to negotiate with all above and do not get just stuck in this hotel.

They have lost my loyalty. I will never come back again, whatever they will offer.

Room Tip: all rooms have terrible odors
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank azaUS
westinshenzhen, General Manager at The Westin Shenzhen Nanshan, responded to this review, 5 July 2011
Dear azaUS

Thank you for taking the time to provide the valuable feedback about your stays with us. It is indeed very disappointing to learn about the problems you encountered and I would like to take this opportunity to convey my sincere apologies for such experiences. I would love the chance to speak with you about these issues and would appreciate if you could contact me at your convenience via westin.nanshan@westin.com

Timothy O'Driscoll