“Nice hotel!”

The Westin Shenzhen Nanshan
Ranked #8 of 2,820 Hotels in Shenzhen
Reviewed 6 November 2012 via mobile

This hotel is in a great location in the nice part of Shenzhen. It is close to the Shenzhen Bay border (to Hong Kong). The rooms are very nice and the service is outstanding.

Try the "shangjing" Japanese restaurant located in the nearby Jingji Baina Guangchang (AKA Kingkey Banner Center). You pay about $30 for an all you can eat Japanese buffet.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank CDubChina
westinshenzhen, Public Relations Manager at The Westin Shenzhen Nanshan, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2012

Dear CDubChina, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us,we are glad to heard that you have a wonderful stay with us, we will keep our our service and looking forward to see you soon.

There are newer reviews for The Westin Shenzhen Nanshan

Reviewed 4 November 2012

We are a family of four (2 kids, ages 2 years and 8 months) and stayed at the Westin Nanshan for 4 nights at the end of October. We had a lovely deluxe twin room which was attractive and comfortable. The hotel is directly connected to a shopping mall and this proved to be great for getting baby food and snacks for the day. The hotel is situated in a leafy area of Shenzhen, close to some of the major theme parks (Window of the World, Happy Valley and Splendid China are all just a short walk away from the hotel). The service at the hotel was great. The staff speak English, although not all to the same level. A slight misunderstanding at the end was resolved by the manager Mr. Lewis Liu who really exemplifies good service. I'd love to stay at this hotel again!

Room Tip: Westin Nanshan often has weekend family deals, they are a good bargain.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
westinshenzhen, Public Relations Manager at The Westin Shenzhen Nanshan, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2012

Dear Lella, thanks for spending your time to share your comments from your travel to us. We feel so proud that you have such wonderful stay in our hotel, as well as we shared your feedback to our colleagues from related department who exceeded your expectation during your stay, we will keep our service and looking forward to see you soon.

Reviewed 10 October 2012

Service is good, fdinner is good, room is good excep the blanket is too thick for this weather. Will cretainly come back,.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
westinshenzhen, Public Relations Manager at The Westin Shenzhen Nanshan, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2012

Dear Posted by an, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us,we are glad to heard that you have a wonderful stay with us, we will keep our our service and looking forward to see you soon.

Reviewed 7 October 2012

Stayed one night at the end of September with my family. The location is next to the 'window to the world' park, and our room overlooked it: which was actually rather nice. Surprisingly, we weren't bothered by any noise. The hotel is also attached to a very modern mall, if that is of interest.

The room was a good size, and although the 'open plan' bathroom is not to everyone's taste, we found it OK. Somewhat irritatingly, one has to put one's key card (or some other card) into a slot by the door to e.g. have the AC remain on. This is rather a cheap move for a hotel that brands itself as 4/5 star. The outside pool is nice looking, but the water was a little chilly.

Our biggest disappointment was with the restaurant. We tried to have dinner there. It was a busy night, but except for one dish, we waited well over an hour without receiving any more food! The manager on duty was apologetic, but still was welcoming (soon to be forlorn) guests without warning them, even as we decided to get up and leave -- this was after he suggested we might want to order room service 2-3 hours later to avoid a wait! We did give them a chance the next day for dim sum, which was not bad, to be fair.

Overall, a decent location, but not outstanding. Free internet is a plus.

tb

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
westinshenzhen, Public Relations Manager at The Westin Shenzhen Nanshan, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2012

Dear drw1844, Thanks for visiting The Westin Shenzhen Nanshan and taking your time to share your valuable comments to us. regarding to your restaurant experience, we would welcome the opportunity to speak to you in person. Please contact us at Marcom.shenzhen@westin.com. We look forward to hearing from you soon. Thanks

Reviewed 19 September 2012

With the hotel price and rating, one would expect top service and quality. I would have to say it would have meet if not for their front desk staff attitude and waitress service during breakfast hour. Hotel room is clean and all amenities provided. Location is perfect as MTR station is right below it and you can get to DONGMEN and HUA QIANG BEI easily and cost not more than RMB5. There are small eateries along the passageway to MTR.
I was having breakfast alone and next moment when I am back to my table, I realized someone has occupied it as there was another cup of coffee on table and when I asked the waitress, they just shook their head and not sure and have me move to another table. I cannot understand the seat was allocated to another person when my coffee and utensils are still on the table. And lack of apologetic for what they have done. IN addition, the front desk staff not affluent in English, show some level of frustration when they are trying to figure out what my ask was when I ask direction to some places around Shenzhen. Otherwise, the hotel is at good location and clean. I would still visit and hope to see some improvement on their service.

Room Tip: Choose room face to " Windows of the world" that you can see fireworks at night.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
westinshenzhen, Manager at The Westin Shenzhen Nanshan, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2012

Dear Pheng2,

Thanks for choosing The Westin Shenzhen Nanshan, and spend your valuable time to share the stay experience with us. We have shared your comments with our team and have Food&Beverage Manager and Front Desk Manager to follow up the issues.

Thanks for your feedback again. We would like to provide the excellent service for your next visit, and looking forward to see you soon.

Best regard,

Reviewed 5 August 2012

I made the reservation of a "Feel Good Family Time" package via SPG hotline. According to the description of this package on the hotel's webpage, "free internet" is included. I have confirmed this with the SPG hotline staff to ensure I did not misunderstand it. Unfortunately, when I checked in the hotel, the front desk staff insisted the free wifi is not included in my package. I wasted half an hour to explain to the staff, including showing the package details as described on the hotel's webpage to the staff by using my iPhone. Finally, the staff told me the hotel could offer me free wifi, as an "exceptional" case. I hate this. The free wifi is indeed part of the hotel package that i booked. It is not something extra I asked for. My holiday mood was ruined. If my wife is not pregnant, we will definitely go to another hotel, rather than accepting this "generous" offer.

Be fair to Westin Nanshan, I did find positive sides of this hotel. Unfortunately, this wifi incident outweigh my overall impression of the hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms facing Windows of the World will allow you to watch the firework there in the evening.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
westinshenzhen, Public Relations Manager at The Westin Shenzhen Nanshan, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2012

Dear wwf1119, Thank you for visiting in our hotel and spending the time to share your experience with us, regarding to the hotel package issue, we have shared with our related department for improving in future, we would like to have the opportunity to speak to you in person for any details. Please contact us at Marcom.shenzhen@westin.com. We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back to The Westin Shenzhen Nanshan, when you next visit Shenzhen. Once again, thanks for choosing The Westin Shenzhen Nanshan.

Reviewed 4 August 2012

Given the price and class of this hotel, one would have expected better service. But this was unfortunately not the case. The positives are its quite convenient- shopping mall, metro/subway close by, but the service needs improvement. I asked for a change of towels, and bed sheets before I left for a meeting. But when I returned the same towels/sheets. Also a 100 RMB charge for internet seems excessive, when hostels these days have free wifi. Also the layout of the room is contemporary..but there is something to be said for doors for the toilet. For the price range...I would rate this hotel as disappointing.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank tommacau
westinshenzhen, Public Relations Manager at The Westin Shenzhen Nanshan, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2012

Dear tommacau, Thank you for choosing to stay with us and spending the time to write your experience, we would like to have the opportunity to speak to you in person for any details. Please contact us at Marcom.shenzhen@westin.com. We are looking forward to hear from you.