“Excellent Service”

Ranked #14 of 2,755 Hotels in Shenzhen
Macau, China
“Excellent Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

We stayed at the Westin hotel for 2 nights. Very nice hotel and also in a very good location. Our room was spacious and had a very good view, facing the windows of the world. They also have a very nice outdoor swimming pool with a pool bar. The staff were all nice and helpful, especially Camilla He from front desk. Excellent service!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
westinshenzhen, General Manager at The Westin Shenzhen Nanshan, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Hi there Mariana C

Sunny greetings from The Westin Shenzhen Nanshan!
Thank you for sharing with us your valuable feedback on TripAdvisor.
We are extremely happy to learn that you received such warm service and you enjoyed the scenic views from our hotel.
The Westin Shenzhen Nanshan Hotel will continually strive to provide the most outstanding experiences to all of our valuable guests.
Mariana C, thank you once again for staying with us, and we hope to welcome you again in the nearest future.

David Cuddon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Menlo Park, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

I am so confused by the reviews here. This is the worst Westin I've ever stayed at. First, the room was tiny. Worst, it has one of those "open" designs where the bathroom is part of the bedroom, separated only by a bathtub, flanked by movable track doors. The problem is if you don't want to stare at the toilet, you'll have to pull the doors forward, but then they completely block your path to the bathroom portion unless you climb over the tub. Two, the paint was either peeling or badly done. Isn't this a new hotel? This was on the Westin Executuve Floor! Third, funky smell emanated from the pipes at night. Not sure if I can upload the photos. I strongly recommend either the Sheraton in Futian or the St. Regis instead if you are an SPG devotee.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
westinshenzhen, General Manager at The Westin Shenzhen Nanshan, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Dear Frank d,

Firstly I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us at The Westin Shenzhen Nanshan. We would like to sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and disappointment which you experienced during your recent stay, in regards to the size of the room and bathroom design.

All of our guest’s satisfaction and comfort is very important to us, and I will continually seek ways for further improvement.

Frank d, it will be appreciated if you could provide us with another opportunity in the future, where we will do our best to deliver a wonderful experience. I have various room configurations that I am sure you will be more than happy with.

Please do contact me directly, and I will personally take care of your next stay.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

the design and decor is nice and comfy. room is spacious and according to the hotel, all rooms have build in bath tub. staff are pretty responsive and smart. in terms of location, it's connected to a luxury mall and subway so it's quite convenience.
i would say the room for improvement is providing free wifi in hotel room. it's in fact a very basic facility of a worldwide brand hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
westinshenzhen, General Manager at The Westin Shenzhen Nanshan, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Hi there Kong F

Thank you for staying with us during your visit to Shenzhen!
I'm very glad to see you had a wonderful stay in The Westin Shenzhen Nanshan.
We are most happy to hear that you found our hotel to be very comfortable, and with great facilities.
Thank you also for your comments regarding providing free wifi, we will continue to benchmark wifi standards and pricing.

I do appreciate your kind comments on TripAdvisor, and I hope that we were able to meet and surpass your expectations in all aspects.

Kong F, thank you once again for staying with us, and we hope to welcome you again in the near future.

Kunming, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

I was visiting Shenzhen to attend a 2 day training course that would have provided me with free accommodation. When I saw the training location was just 3 stops away on the Metro I opted instead to stay at the Westin. I would suggest that any English speaking travellers have the hotel's name in Chinese before arrival since the local taxi drivers don't know what it is, but a quick phone call resolved that problem.
On arrival I was immediately greeted right at the taxi by the bell staff who carried my bag and escorted me to the reception desk, where Ana, the front office manager took care of check in. My SPG member number was verified without me needing to ask, which is a plus. I was the discounts available to me as a SPG member. Ana also recommended the Grange Grill for dinner and made reservations for me.

When I got to my room my bag was waiting for me. The room was large and with a view of Window of the World which is one of the local tourist attractions. It took me a few days to figure out the light switches since I always pressed the wrong one at night. Despite the fact that I was facing the main road I did not hear any noise from traffic.

The bathroom was a little different. It feature sliding walls that could open right up to make it part of the main room, or they could be completely closed. The bathtub was a stand alone fixture which unfortunately had any kind of shelf to hold things such as bath gel. The modern electronic scale provided was accurate but did not show the weight I wished to be.

I had booked ahead of time to have an appointment for massage at the SPA. They were waiting for me on arrival and served a refreshing cup of tea prior to my treatment. The service was excellent and since it was a weekday I received a discount courtesy of SPG membership.

The Grange Grill on the 25th floor was a real treat. I've been in China for over 4 years and can rarely find a good steak. The Grange featured tenderloin, strip loin and rib eye steaks in a choice of 5 different qualities. This was the first time I'd ever tried Wagu beef - and I came back 2 days later to try it again. It was awesome! Salads and desert were top notch as well. Service and food quality was excellent. The kitchen is one of those glassed in but visible locations right at the entrance so it was very easy to see that it was kept spotlessly clean.

I was a little disappointed with the breakfast buffet. The quality was excellent, but I thought the variety was limited. I did not leave hungry though! I also learned that a roast tomato poked in the wrong place will find the whitest part of your shirt. The hotel laundry does excellent work.

Check out was fast and efficient, and once again the staff took care of me right up to the point of getting me into a taxi.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing Window of the World.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Hi there AllanPage

Sunny greetings from The Westin Shenzhen Nanshan!
Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback and sharing the details on Tripadvisor.
It is always a delight to learn when our associates have played such a role in delivering memorable customer experiences at The Westin Shenzhen Nanshan.
We are extremely pleased to learn that you have enjoyed the room and our Heavenly Spa.
Also, I was glad to see that you enjoyed our Grange Grill located on the 25th floor with spectacular views.

Regarding the bathtub set up which you mentioned, your kind advice has been passed onto our housekeeping team.

We have also noted your feedback in regards to our buffet breakfast variety at Seasonal Taste. Your comments have been shared with our Culinary team for further improvements.

Once again, I do appreciate you taking the time to post your valuable comments. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Westin Shenzhen when we will ensure that you will enjoy a flawless hotel experience. If I can be of any assistance during your next stay please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

I travel extensively and have lots of experience with business / leisure hotels .
I guess I was one of few guests stayed in Westin Shenzhen / Nanshan first week they opened and since then, when I am In SZX, I can not convince myself to stay in any other property .
Great location , service and amenities and more importantly caring staff . personal touches is everywhere.
I get best service and value and feel at home ,

Try it !

Room Tip: any room is perfect , for more pampering ask for suite !
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Hi there Ramin S

Warmest greetings from The Westin Shenzhen Nanshan!
Thank you very much for your recent stay with us and providing us with your valuable feedback.
It is a pleasure to learn that you are one of our loyal guests since the hotel’s opening.
We value your compliments regarding our associates, and enjoyed your stay in The Westin Shenzhen Nanshan!
Once again, appreciated for your feedback and our team will continuously strive to improve to provide warm and excellent service to all of our guests.

virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Westin for a short business trip. The service was perfect, hotel is wonderful, rooms were great. Also enjoyed the fitness center, the pool, and the Executive Lounge all were absolutely outstanding.

• Stayed June 2014
westinshenzhen, General Manager at The Westin Shenzhen Nanshan, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Hi there gtoman

Warm greetings from The Westin Shenzhen Nanshan!
We are extremely pleased to hear that you received warm and caring service from our associates.
Our associates and I will continually work towards providing the most comfortable and memorable stay to all of our guests.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

They go out of their way to make sure you are happy and try to accommodate any requests/needs.
The lounge is great - Front desk team does a superb job. Connected to a mall which has a metro station, which is great.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
westinshenzhen, General Manager at The Westin Shenzhen Nanshan, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Hi there ahg4444,

Warmest greetings from The Westin Shenzhen Nanshan!

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback and sharing your valuable feedback on Tripadvisor.

It was a pleasure to have had you as our guest and spent on writing and posting your review is greatly appreciated. We valued your compliments on our lounge and front desk team, all these will motivate us to provide best service to guests consistently.
I certainly look forward to welcoming you back to The Westin Shenzhen when we will ensure that you will enjoy a flawless hotel experience.

Once again, appreciated for your precious feedback and our team will continuously strive to improve to provide warm and excellent service to all our guests.