“China Beach”

Ranked #31 of 505 things to do in Shenzhen
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Though not as popular as Dameisha beach, Xichong is just as lovely and the water and sand are clean and perfect for swimming.
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Yes I guess it is one of the best beaches in Guangdong but still dirty and not very pleasant. It is nice for a couple of hours but also nice to leave again. Usually too many People and therefore also quite dirty.

3  Thank Furtus
"cloudy"
"china"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed 3 February 2014 via mobile

Traveling solo I didn't know I will make it here but much thanks to trip advisor and my smartphone. The most important thing I should say please install this app am not saying this for promotion or anything but because it has helped every step I was making as in finding the nearest hotel and the cheapest, nearest attractions, giving me options on how to get there. I will can confirm that it's perfectly accurate thank God. Anyway this beach is amazing considering I came here during the Chinese New Year am not disappointed at all besides me being the only foreigner. There are some hotels near the beach I paid 200 yuan per night not that bad I think although the restaurant is 5 mins walk I mean its good to exercise. So for those who want to come here its very easy although far from downtown. Just take line 3 to nanliao station please get off on the right side and board bus 818 I paid 5 yuan to dapeng then where the bus drops you ie the terminal station wait for a minibus m232 it will get you to xichong beach . If you cant speak chinese you'd rather write the address down to show someone rem in Chinese characters if you can most people don't really recognize pinyin. There are a couple of hotels but if you can book the better the beach is extremely clean there's some places you can barbecue although haven't seen anyone fishing here you can bring your stuff. Happy horse year and have fun!!

3  Thank truly99
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Xichong beach located in shenzhen,it is not whole developed,so very nature.
and the reasonable cost.not like the famous sightseeing ,the high cost ,the crowd people.
it is well pretect!

it was very tresure memory for me as it is my first time closed the sea and the most romatic with my husband. we enjoyed very much .

we arrived 13 Sep Afternoon after lunch. Morning we went the Shenzhen Jewelry fair for some work. looking for some facotry . and afternoon we arrived the hotel(Not regular hotel.local people's house.and use for rent ). hotel is cheap ,we arrived Friday. Cost Rmb 248 ($41.33).from Sunday to Thurday Rmb198($33). Saturday Rmb398($66.33).
there is many local people's house for rent .and decoration very nice,Comfortable!

Well,14:30 we prepared to walk on beach.so not change the dress, changed slipper. to have nice walk.
i was excited as baby. first i was afraid of the wave.afraid of going inside sea. seemed will take me into the sea.but after trying .feel good.
we took 2 hours we back hotel for some work as still Friday need reply client's Email.

18:00we have dinner at one restaurant. we have order 3dishe,1 dishe seafood.1 dish vegatable,1 dish chilli with beef. and 2 bowls of rice. Cost Rmb119($19.8).

we went back to hotel ,and made plans for tomorrow.we came here for another reason for seeing sunrise. so we decided we have to get up 5:00 early morning.
So next day we took action as planned last night. after washed face and tooth. arrived beach 5:30. then we choosed good location for shoot photo.and finally waited for sunrise.
we walked ,run.
and we ate snickers & cookies as breakfast.as the shops opened 8:00 or 9:00
so you have to prepared something to eat.

have moutains covers sun.so you can not see the sunrise from sealine.so when we can see the sun came out during 6:00-6:30.

after sun came out started getting hot.then you can have rest in the shadow area.

Consider security.allow going into start 9:00 am. As this time the wave is much calm,and water not so cold. and also the lifeguard start work.

Please do not joke me.i cannot swim.so i must with my husband when entered into the sea.and he took good care of me. i am 1.5m tall,and he 1.85tall,so we can go deep area......
very very nice memory.
have all of this rules you feel safe. safe makes more important when have trip.

By the way ,when early morning we arrived beach. have many tents they sleeped in the tent and then see the sunrise.after that they left.
you no need bring tent by yourself,you can rent in shops .Rmb50($8.33).

as this is our first time came here,no have experience for out-door night.so we didn't rent tent.
but next time we would like to try .as you can save the hotel cost. HAHAHAH.

2  Thank Yi R
Reviewed 2 August 2013

If you've been to the beaches of Florida, USA, the Caribbean, the Gulf of Mexico or the South Pacific and are hoping for a similar experience, forget China's beaches. But...if you are looking for a beach in China and have no other options, Xichong beach is a nice option. In east Shenzhen on Dapeng peninsula, it's an almost relaxed and romantic setting away from the frenetic city pace. Be warned, there are few accomodations there, which include some low rent cottages on the beach. The long beach is scenic, although I've heard that the water quality can be bad at times due to the effluence of waste and manufacturing runoff. That said, it's a scenic place that will likely lose its charm in the next few years as rapid development swallows it whole.
I've heard about surfing and windsurfing at the smaller beach, but the waves I saw were 1 meter at best. If you want to see some natural China beach coastline, get there quick before the highrises that are sure to come obscure the view.

2  Thank syoung108