Ramada Plaza Shenzhen North
Yizhiquan Hotel(Shenzhen)
Caiyue Hotel(Shenzhen)
Lantine Hotel(Shenzhen)
View Hotel
All reviewsnorth railway stationrooms are bighigher floorshort stayhong kong airportbreakfast buffettaxiwesternersszchina
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 October 2013

I should have been guided by my native experience with this management group but it was recommended by local associates (who likely never stayed here). It did not really work for me. When I arrived, no one at check-in really spoke English so although I had their highest level room, it was a smoking room which was all I could smell all night. A very big room, but very well worn with slow internet and little in English-language TV to watch the news.

Perhaps great for locals, but not really Westerner-friendly to me. There's a reason for its cheap price. Ultimately, my host pulled me out saying there are great hotels in Shenzhen, this was just not one of them. An exciting bustling city, you just need the right home base.

Room Tip: If you stay here and need non-smoking, arrive early and make your point!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 September 2013

IMPORTANT: location on Google Map is WRONG. Address is correct.
Real location:
Coordinates: 22.620389,114.033512 (you can enter them in google maps)

Positive:
- You can have a room on the 17th or 18th floor. Great view
- Very spacious room
- You can turn off the AC if wanted
- Nice staff
- Close to my office in this part of town (main reason for choosing this hotel)
- The street has a lots of fashion stores and restaurants (very chinese)
- You will be one of the few Westerners in this part of the city - you'll get the real Chinese neighborhood feeling

Negative:
- Its possible you can smell the toilette a bit (only sometimes, very little)
- I had one toilette that didnt flush - staff fixed it right away
- Breakfast buffet is okay for western food - but quite good for chinese food

I choose the hotel because its good location close to our office in this part of town.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 July 2013 via mobile

The room is spacious and the decoration is better than the hotels in the area. Very near to the SZ north train station and there are subway station in the walking distance.
Finding a restaurant is easy and the building itself has massage, and movie theater.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Claire S
Reviewed 7 June 2013

This is an excellent hotel. It was booked by one of our friends. As it was a business trip I checked in very late, at around 11:15 at night and left very early in the morning. Due to late entry I was upgraded to an executive suite. The room was very spacious and the bathroom was amazing. The bed was very comfortable. Most interesting was the corridor, which was very wide unlike usual hotel corridors which are normally narrow. The TV had many channels including some pay movie channels. The breakfast was excellent with a huge variety in food choice. The breakfast hall was also well decorated.

One negative point is that I spotted a live cockroach walking in the breakfast room. One dead cockroach was also spotted in my bedroom. The matter was conveyed to the staff at the front desk.

Other than that the location was very good. It is bit outside the city. I could see the high speed train station from my room. There are hills nearby. As I stayed only one night, I could not notice too many details.

Finally I must write it's a hotel worth staying in based on my short, but satisfying, experience there.

Room Tip: Try to stay in the rooms located on the upper stories.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 April 2013

Indeed a wonderful hotel, very spacious rooms, with wonderful interior. The only negative point is its location, it is quite away from most places also it is very difficult to find taxis.

It is near to Shenzhen North Station. Restaurant is good being vegetarian they helped me choose and cook few dishes and i loved there helping nature. The hotel is situated next to police headquarters and hence quite safe. Gym is also quite good.

I loved every aspect of hotel and i will recommend this to everyone who are ready to give more preference to comfort over location.

Room Tip: Chooses rooms facing front
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business