The St. Regis Shenzhen
US$119
US$187
US$174
  • Pool
All reviewsbutler servicetallest buildingsocial restaurantchocolate fountainchief butlerduplex suitekk malldrawing roomfloor lobbyinfinity poolspg gold memberfloor to ceiling windowsremote controlperfect staybuffet restaurantupon checkhotel offers
Reviewed 2 December 2013

This is my second visit to this property and one that will keep me returning. Please refer to my grand opening posting for the property overview. What I like about this property is that it is a great alternative to the older overcrowded Hong Kong SPG properties. Plus at no charge the hotel will transport you from the Shenzhen airport. I’d like to make this review about the staff. From the moment you arrive and throughout check-in you are truly made to feel like the most important guest in the hotel. I recommend including their breakfast when booking your room. It is abundant and delicious. Each morning I saw the head chef walking around the serving stations giving assessments and directing the staff. In addition the dinning host delivered our made to order eggs at our table rather than having to stand around waiting for the cooked product. I usually don’t eat dessert in the morning but the chocolate confections won me over. Lastly a Five Star service award to Karim Amrqoui, Guest service manager. He ultimately made our stay over the top. For SPG members they are trying to give us corner rooms. This affords you not only jaw dropping views from the living and sleeping rooms but also from the sink, bath and separate shower. If you have any concerns don’t wait until it’s a problem pick up the phone and let the staff know. They seem trained to deliver over the top service. Again a special thanks to Karim for going the extra mile to make our stay perfect. I am confident you will find his contact as pleasant as ours."

Room Tip: Corner room or try the duplex
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank livesinhotels
The ST Regis S, Manager at The St. Regis Shenzhen, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Dear Guest, Thank you for choosing to stay at The St. Regis Shenzhen and sharing your pleasant experience with us. At The St. Regis Shenzhen, every effort will be made to provide you with bespoke and uncompromising services. We sincerely look forward to welcoming your next visit in near future.

Reviewed 26 November 2013

From the moment I first arrived to the moment I departed, there was never a moment when I didn't feel like the staff was over the top accommodating. I've stayed in many world class hotels all through Asia including the Ritz, Intercontinental, Hyatt Regency, 4 Seasons etc. This hotel matches or in many cases exceeds that level.

Rooms: I was upgraded to a "fortune" room upon check in. It was also mentioned that I was given a corner room and that it was a bit smaller than the other "Fortune" style rooms. The offer was then made to switch rooms the next night if I wasn't satisfied. I very nice gesture indeed however the room I was given was perfect in every way. Wonderful views and modern technology that reveals anything I've seen in a hotel.

Food: Included in my package was the breakfast buffet and although I am Never a fan of breakfast buffets, this one was really good. You can really tell a lot about attention to detail at a high end Asian hotel by the quality of their breakfast buffet. As crazy as that sounds it's true. Without exception the food quality here is as good as anything you'll find in the US. Big kudos go out to Rauiri the food and beverage manager who made me feel quite at home every morning. I did not get the chance to try out any other restaurants inside the facility but I did have a chance to meet the chef at the Elba Italian Restaurant and regret I was unable to make time for a dinner there on this trip.

Fitness Room: Small but accommodating with an adequate amount of equipment and free weights to satisfy a weight-lifting exerciser like myself.

Spa: Took in a 90 minute bath soak/massage one afternoon and again a wonderful time. Grace did a fantastic job and it was just what the doctor ordered to rejuvenate the body after a long flight.

Nightlife: I was a regular at the Decanter on the 100th floor nightly and again, the staff were simply terrific and very friendly.

Prices: Room rates were fine, food and beverage costs are high. However if there was ever a case to be made of "you get what you pay for" ............. this was it.

Concierge: I really appreciate attentive and knowledgeable concierges and will use them often for guidance. Upon my departure, and to my surprise, one of the staff personally escorted me 2 blocks to the train station, and helped purchase my ticket to HK. Wow !

Conclusion: If you don't have anything but a fantastic experience in THIS hotel, you need to look no further then the image looking back at you in the mirror to find the reason. Excellent job St. Regis Shenzhen !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope to return soon.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
The ST Regis S, Manager at The St. Regis Shenzhen, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Dear Guest, thank you for choosing to stay at The St. Regis Shenzhen and sharing your pleasant experience with us. At The St. Regis Shenzhen, every effort will be made to provide you with bespoke and uncompromising services. We are very proud to have made your stay comfortable. I very much appreciate your kind words. At the same time, we will continuously provide the 5 stars service in order to assure a consistent pleasant experience. We look forward to welcoming you back with us at The St. Regis Shenzhen in the near future.

Reviewed 19 October 2013

The first time I stayed here it was a so-so experience. It was Christmas eve and I went to enjoy their buffet however they raised the price 5x but kept the same menu! Thats very selfish & greedy. It is one of the nicer places in Shenzhen however so is Grand Hyatt or OCT Harbor Mariott Executive suites I love that place a lot.

Anyways if you have FU money and don't care and want to be part of the Rich crowd in SZ this is the place to stay. The nightclub is impressive and be sure to get an executive package their food is some of the best in SZ and the private executive club lounge food+bar is the best I have had in China. Even better than the Ritz Carlton in HK!

Room Tip: all of the rooms are great no need to upsize to a different suite save the $ and get the exec package so you have free happy hour and breakfast at their awesome buffet!
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
The ST Regis S, Manager at The St. Regis Shenzhen, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

Dear Guest, thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. Actually for last year Christmas eve, we had the lucky draw and the buffet increase a lot of seafood such as lobsters. Not only including the champagne, but also free float all the selected wines and other beverage. So the price is higher than other dates. Thank you for your comments and we are definitely will consider your comments for this year’s pricing.Be well!

Reviewed 16 October 2013

St. Regis, shenzhen is one the best hotels in China. Top of lines hotel, excellent customer service. Every time I stay in St. Regis shenzhen, I feel I stay home. By the way, a lot nice and pretty girls working here ^_^ Check it out ...^_^...

• Stayed: October 2013
The ST Regis S, Manager at The St. Regis Shenzhen, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Dear Guest, thank you for choosing The St. Regis Shenzhen duiring your trip. Many thanks for sharing your stay experience with us and leave the precious comments, especially your praise towards our sevice. We do welcome you come back to hotel again! Be well!

Reviewed 1 October 2013

When you arrive at the hotel you immediately feel taking care of, the bellboy team is very helpful and present. Check-in is smooth and easy and at the 96th floor you can enjoy Shenzen's skyline!!! The rooms also have an amazing view and have great amenities.

The only down point, is F&B, the staff at the decanter bar is just not friendly, not taking care of you and just giving yeeaaa when you request something or ask for a question. The staff at breakfast is the same, it takes 20 min to receive a coffee and the manager walking around wouldn't check is guest are enjoying the venue...

The hotel is great for its wonderful pool and rooms but not so much for the FnB venues...

Room Tip: Every rooms seem to be nice...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank Philiblue
The ST Regis S, Manager at The St. Regis Shenzhen, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

Dear Guest, Thanks for sharing the experience with us. As a hotel with high standards of products and services, I am truly embarrassed to learn about the experiences you’ve encountered.
Please accept my sincere apologies to your unpleasant experience with our food & beverage.
All the point be well received and we will definitely look into all the highlight celerity.
Training & coaching will be monitor closely, we assure you we will do all we can to rectify the problems you have experienced and whilst I cannot correct what has happened, in lieu of the disappointment that you have experienced and as a gesture of our concern for the unpleasant experience in our restaurant, I would like to offer you a complimentary bottle of wine at Decanter on your next visit to our hotel as we would very much like to restore your faith with us. Please contact us by Renee.li@stregis.com before your next arrival. Be well!