“Great Canton cocking”

Ranked #26 of 4,118 Restaurants in Shenzhen
Price range: US$24 - US$79
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Kids, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Private Dining, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Luohu Port
Description: The food is mainly Cantonese cuisine with elements of Huaiyang cold dishes and the subtle influence of Sichuan and Chiu Chow cuisine. The menu highlights Shang Palace’s signature delicacies, which include Crispy Pork Flamed with Chinese Rose Wine, and Sliced Roasted Duck with Mango and Cucumber wrapped in Pancake.Shang Palace features eight private dining rooms and one semi-private room. The semi-private circular room is located in the middle of the entrance hall and two private rooms are nearby. The remaining six private rooms are at the rear of the restaurant and are complete with their own washroom, portable LCD and other facilities such as minibar, wardrobe, sofa seating and karaoke system.
Milan, Italy
“Great Canton cocking”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014

Shang Palace, is my favorite chinese restaurant in Shenzhen, one of the best I ever try.

The Masters, are capable to provide the great chinese taste, using the best and fresh raw materials.

I warmly suggest anyone in Shenzhen have a try this restaurant, you never regret my suggestion!

Ah prices at the end absolutely reasonable and alligned with the quality of the food!

Have a good meal!

MikaMika

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Alberto G
George B, General Manager at Shang Palace Shangri-La Hotel Shenzhen, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Dear Michele G,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and your positive feedback on our Chinese Restaurant, Shang Palace. I noticed you’ve reviewed our hotel page on TripAdvisor and we indeed appreciate your valuable comments. We welcome you to experience our hotel and restaurant again in the near future.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Hong Kong, China
“It's the service, stupid!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

For a rather small restaurant with at least 8 waiters around the service is slow and totally lacks style which is disappointing in such a hotel. We all often wonder what a Chinese waiter does between the moment you order a beer and the moment he brings it. In Shangrila it shouldn't happen but it does, so you ask several times. I gave up asking for an urgent beer since I have been once told "Sorry sir, we have Heineken, Tsingtao but urgent beer we don't have".
If you want to sell white wine you should store it cold, and not only in the (closed) outlet on the top floor where it takes hours to find. Our waiter tried to give us a warm bottle in a bucket of water with 4 pieces of ice. It was only when we cancelled the order that they find a cold bottle in another outlet.

• Visited February 2014
3 Thank FreekB
Ferlach, Austria
“Visiting Shenzhen”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2014

This is a restaurant which caters for foreigners also. Has mainly Asian dishes but also has some to tempt the European palate.

Visited August 2013
George B, General Manager at Shang Palace Shangri-La Hotel Shenzhen, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Dear Rad1945,

Thank you for your review of our Chinese Restaurant Shang Palace. Also, I noticed you’ve reviewed our hotel page on TripAdvisor and we indeed appreciate your valuable comments and praise. We warmly look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Saxmundham, United Kingdom
“High quality and veggie friendly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2013

We stopped off for a buffet style lunch as suggested by our guide, what a great place.

Its tricky being a veggie in Asia but the chef on duty, who incidentally had the largest smile and show of happiness on his face I have ever seen, worked wonders, he even brought something to our table himself when there was a slight delay, don't get me wrong, the delay was maybe a minute or two, however the chef made this effort and was apologetic.

Such a large selection of fresh food, desert for me was pancakes made whilst you wait and fresh fruit, however there was a large selection for every taste.

A true delight, the staff were so helpful and made you feel like royalty.

I will be stopping here again, fantastic service for such a small cost.

Oh and as you would expect, western style toilets which was a bonus for the ladies.

• Visited September 2013
SLZ-GM, General Manager at Shang Palace Shangri-La Hotel Shenzhen, responded to this review, 29 September 2013
Dear Darren I,

Thank you very much for your kind review on our Shang Palace Chinese Restaurant. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the service and food. We truly appreciate your praise and, look forward to welcoming you back to Shang Palace, and our hotel again in the near future.

Warmest regards,

George Baird,
Los Angeles, California
“Awesome Dining Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2013

This review is long overdue ... but better late than never.

In March of this year, I stayed at the Shangri-La hotel while visiting friends, shopping and enjoying some great Chinese cuisine. On my first day, after checking into my room, I decided to stop in for lunch at Shang Palace. I'm so glad I did.

First - I really appreciated the excellent customer service. Even with the number of other diners, the staff made me feel like I was their only guest. I spoke enough Mandarin to get by and a few of the staff spoke English well enough that there were no issues as far as communication goes.

The food was awesome. Not really knowing what to order, I decided to trust my servers. I say servers because as I was talking to one, another person stopped by and gave her suggestion. Everything they suggested was great to the point that when my plates were cleared, there wasn't much but crumbs left.

• Visited March 2013
philipdewar, General Manager at Shang Palace Shangri-La Hotel Shenzhen, responded to this review, 26 September 2013
Dear Ran C,

Thank you very much for being our guest and for sharing your experiences. We are thrilled to know that you enjoyed dining at our Shang Palace highlighting the service and the food. We Warmly welcome you back to experience our restaurant again in the near future.