The Venice Raytour Hotel Shenzhen
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
All reviewshappy valleyvenetian stylebig swimming poolplaza hotelnice bedhotel amenitiesstayed here for nightsrooms are cleanhuge bathroombusiness stayclose to the hotelfitness centerchinese restaurantthe executive loungemetro stationcrownerstwhile
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 June 2010

I stayed here for 3 nights in May 2010 for a business trip. I had never been in Shenzhen before so I was expecting giant factories assembling all sorts of manufactured goods. Instead we drive through a giant city and we come out in an amusement park area with this Venetian-themed hotel. I was confused to say the least.

The bell-boys are dressed in Gondolier outfits and the lobby is done in faux Venetian Gothic architecture. But otherwise, there isn't much else to the Venetian theme.

The rooms are standard business class. The bedding is nice down comforter which seems to be the standard in China. The beds were slightly harder then I preferred but I got use to it. The bathroom decor is nice red marble and dark wood. Internet was included in the room price which was nice.

The breakfast buffet was only average in my opinion. Not terrible, but not outstanding either. I didn't have a chance to try the other restaurants.

The lobby staff does speak English, but I wouldn't say they were particularly expert at it. I was traveling onto Kowloon/Tsim-Sha-Tsui and when I asked for the best way to get to hotel there, it took a grand total of six employees to figure out what was the best way to get me there. They did find a good bus service that got me to within 3 blocks of my Kowloon hotel and even walked me to the bus station across the street from the hotel. So good service from that point of view.

But I was disappointed that the Concierge desk didn't have this info more readily available. Initially, both the Concierge desk and the Business Centre keep trying to sell me tickets to the bus that comes to their hotel, which wasn't the best travel choice to me.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 May 2010

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights and 4 days, had an amazing experience. The people were very helpful specially the bell boy called Berson. The location was perfect ( all sightseeing places in walking distance)and also loved the breakfast spread, would recommend it to everyone and would love to stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 May 2010

If you are looking for a 5* hotel that is near the following places of attraction :
- Window of the World
- Splendid China
- China Folk Culture Villages
- Happy Valley
Look no further, Crowne Plaze Hotel is the one to go.

It is located in between Shekou and Louhu. Gong to either Shekou Ferry Terminal or Louhu is about 25 min taxi ride. The underground train station is a stone throw from the hotel. There is also a new mall recently opened next to it, which gives more options for food and shopping. Wall Mart is 15 min walk from the hotel.

The hotel room is spacious and clean. Bed is comfortable. It also provides 42" Plasma TV and a decent size study table. The only complaint is the pillows are too soft for me.

The staffs are friendly and speak good English.

There are a few restaurants .... Good but not great. The Japanese/Korean restaurant (JK) used to be better, but I was disappointed with my last visit. Price was on the high side...I spent about RMB150 for a very pathetic plate of sashimi, kimchi tofu, and a bowl of white rice. The sashimi was not fresh and stingy in the size of the serving. Morning breakfast place is at the ground floor....it has not changed much over the 4 years of my visit. Chinese restaurant has a very nice ambience...and the food is OK. Have not treid the Italian restaurant....I heard it is good but expensive.

Overall I would rate 92/100 for this hotel.

Reviewed 22 April 2010

Just stayed three nights at this most impressive hotel --- enjoyed all aspects of my stay -- everything from food & laundry service, front desk staff and room amenities first class. Very comfortable and large room - typical of the new hotels in China - large marble bathroom with large shower area and large bath tub. Great TV with about 10 english-speaking stations.

Front desk and concierge services provide unfailing service. Breakfast, included in my rate, was an excellent buffet with plenty of Eastern and Western choices.

Immediate access to taxis and shopping (Holiday Plaza Mall) and attractions - Windows of the World. I was on a business trip, so didn't get to vist the latter. Mall had mostly designer stores.

If you have business in the Futian District (location of the Convention and Exhibition Center), be warned that it is quite a distance away -- at least a 30 minute taxi drive through some very heavy traffic.

Shenzhen is a huge, modern city -- This is a great place to seek refuge and enjoy luxurious surroundings.

Reviewed 5 April 2010

The hotel is very nice and comfortable, it has some nice restaurants with great service. We arrived late and were served even at 10.45 p.m. an excellent meal. The breakfast is terrific, the choice is rather big for a hotel in China. The rooms are comfortable and roomy. Price/value ratio is good, absolutely a hotel to be recommended if you stay in Shenzhen. If you would arrive at the airport and want to splurge, take the hotel limo (60-70 US$), a little bit pricey but the arrival in Shenzhen will be great. The only point that could have been better was our dinner at JK restaurant (japanese / korean style food). The food was good but I don't know if it was only that night that the waitresses where showing no pleasure in working there and being to our service !?