For the past year or so, i will usually stay in this hotel as it is our corporate hotel in Shenzhen. It is a typical holiday inn, but you do get what you pay for. And what you get is not fantastic, but for the price/value proposition is tolerable. Been here about 10 times in the last 18 months or so.
- The rooms are basic but ok to stay in. I usually get upgraded to what i call a mini-suite (living room is partitioned from the bedroom) so size is not an issue. You do also get a choice between the 'soft' and 'hard' pillows, depending on your preference.
- There is a morning shuttle bus to the Science Park departing at 8am, which makes sense to those who are visiting that area. This is a very good service as it is nigh on impossible getting a cab at that hour.
- The hotel is not within walking distance of any subway station, and getting a cab in the morning can be a very tricky piece of business
- The bed is not in the same league as those in the upmarket hotel segment
- The place reeks of a certain ordour (i believe air conditioning and that of an ageing building)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel locates in the center of vibrant Nanshan District,within minutes'drive from the Hi-tech Park. The hotel is only a 30 minutes drive from the Shenzhen Airport,15 minutes to Shekou Ferry Pier with transfers to the International Airport of Hong Kong . It takes 30 minutes drive to Lo Wu Railway Station, 8 minutes to Shenzhen Bay Border to Hong Kong. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Holiday Inn Shenzhen Donghua reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Shenzhen Donghua Hotel Shenzhen
- Holiday Inn Donghua Shenzhen
- Shenzhen Holiday Inn