“Perfect downtown placement”

Crowne Plaza Hotel & Suites Landmark Shenzhen
Ranked #4 of 2,840 Hotels in Shenzhen
Reviewed 19 March 2012

Nice hotel for business - placed only 15 min walk from the Lo Wu boarder crossing to Hong Kong. Polite staff and only half price of equivalent HK hotel standard. Good standard rooms in good conditions - but not that large. Perfect situation right across from the shopping mall row. Good selection of beer at the Brew Pub.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
sam h, Web coordinator at Crowne Plaza Hotel & Suites Landmark Shenzhen, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2012

Dear SkyDK:
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and your kind comments. I hope to be able to welcome you back.

Reviewed 17 March 2012

Very very nice hotel with HUGE rooms. I arrived very late in the evening and had to press a suit, called the reception that sent me a butler that took care of everything in less than an hour. Very comfortable bed. Only down side is the wired internet connection in the room that I found everywhere in China.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
sam h, Coordinator at Crowne Plaza Hotel & Suites Landmark Shenzhen, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2012

Dear mattbull:
Thank you for your lovely comments following your stay. I am delighted the team cared for you. I hope to welcome you back.

Reviewed 6 March 2012

When traveling on business, this is my favorite hotel. It's not too far from a mall and lots of great restaurants nearby. The staff is super attentive and quick to remember me and the things I like. Breakfast is always top notch, and the Brew House has some amazing food for evening dining.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
sam h, Web coordinator at Crowne Plaza Hotel & Suites Landmark Shenzhen, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2012

Reviewed 20 February 2012

If you have never been to Shenzhen and budget is no issue, stay at the Shangri-la for its location at Lohou Railway station where the best 'knock off' shopping and tailors are to be found. If you are not concerned about a 5 minute cab ride or 10 minute walk, then Crowne Plaza is the place to stay. It is well located amongst high end shopping malls and good local restaurants. Rooms are very nice, gym great, breakfast excellent and service in the restaurant good. However…the concierge and bell staff had very poor english skills. For a five star property it is essential to have the front of house staff capable in communication skills and this was not my experience at this hotel. While the issues were resolved after discussions with the manager, the complications and frustrations from such poor English really did sour my stay at this hotel.

Best: Comfortable bed (a real treat after the usual hard beds in China)
Worst: Pillows incredibly soft

Tip: take your own hair conditioner, the hotel provides a shampoo/conditioner mix.
Tip: Take your own toilet tissue and hand sanitiser with you every where you go. Squat toilets are filthy, they don't provide toilet paper or soap in any public toilets.
Must: Relax in the tub, they provide some very nice bath salts and the tub is very large. Great to soak in after all day shopping in a lets be honest, dirty city.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
sam h, Web coordinator at Crowne Plaza Hotel & Suites Landmark Shenzhen, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2012

Dear BKKGirl11:
Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us recently. I was pleased you enjoyed the hotel for the most part, I am however sorry we let you down with our English skills. This is something that we are working on, we conduct English training for the team on a weekly basis. The skill level of the team will improve over time and I can fully understand the frustration if you cannot make yourself understood.
Perhaps on your next stay we can arrange for different pillows, we have a pillow menu in each room which you clearly did not notice. I am pleased to announce that we will be introducing in March a new bathroom amenity from Crabtree & Evelyn, I hope that this will be to your satisfaction.

Reviewed 13 February 2012

I've been traveling to Sz almost monthly for the past 6 years. I've only twice dared to stay in another hotel as the service and the quality of the rooms have been so wonderful that I don't want to be disappointed elsewhere. The two times I've gone elsewhere have been due to sometimes too high prices in this wonderful place I call the home in Sz!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business

Dear kaartma:

Reviewed 8 February 2012

I stayed here from 4th February 2012 until 7th February 2012, in a Kind Deluxe room. I got a good deal from the Intercontinental Crowne Plaza website.

I came in via car transport from HK international airport, it was a smooth and short journey that took under an hour which I learnt sometimes when congested can be 2 hours.

The hotel staff mostly speaks English competently, especially the front desk and the club level staff.

I like to single out Ms Fu (付)who works at the club lounge and Jeremy at the front desk who are excellent in their service. Jeremy offered me the club lounge access, which I used a few times just to grab a coke or coffee, and he followed up with a call to my room after I settled down from check-in to enquire if the room is ok. A good follow through.

Ms Fu is courteous, and enquire if my stay at the hotel is fine when I was there two of the nights. She was also the staff who attended to my Internet access problem at my room and helped to get the hotel technical staff to solve it. She even offered to loan me a router to overcome the problem. She speaks English confidently.

My pleasure to stay at this excellent hotel in a very good location, accessible to shopping centres, 5minutes walk to 东门步行街 or 国贸地铁站. By the way, the subway network in Shenzhen is excellent, It took me only 30minutes on the subway to reach "Windows of the World" park. Good food surrounding the hotel, like 小肥羊火锅,稻香海鲜酒楼,are within 5minutes walk only. I had very good Cantonese Dim Sum at 稻香海鲜酒楼. I just asked the concierge desk people and they give me suggestion and direction.

Only thing I

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends

Dear Newwit:
Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and the attentive care of both Jeremy and Gina. They are delighted you appreciated their care. I hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 4 February 2012

This was a wonderful choice for us during our stay in Shenzhen. I don't think that you could have got a better location with malls and restaurants located all around you. There is also a star bucks across the road and a 24hr McDonalds down the street. There are several big malls that are also close by with the high end stores.
The metro station is a short walk. If you want to come from the airport by metro to the hotel allow yourself 1hr 15 mins. I believe that the cost was 8rmb from the hotel to the airport.
The staff in this hotel all spoke some English. The bell staff and concierge all spoke very good English. They were very helpful when we wanted to go somewhere. They would look it up and then write the directions down for the taxi. Their knowledge about the area was really great and helpful. They would also write the taxi drivers license plate down on the hotel card in case you have a problem or leave something behind in a cab. We never had any problems getting a cab quickly from this hotel. There was generally one sitting at the bottom of the hill. We also never had to ask the driver to drop the meter; it was done automatically.
One evening we went to the bar in the hotel. It was very nice and relaxing. We ordered some drinks and relaxed on the couch. They brought us fresh popcorn which was really good. There was noone else in the bar because it was a holiday but still it was very nice, comfortable and relaxing.
We were in room 1101. Nice room...Carpet was a little strange but overall a very nice room. The bed was great! It was soft and comfy. It was a very western bed, soft with big soft pillows! The bathroom was AWESOME! HUGE! Nice big shower and a Jacuzzi tub. They also provide you with bath salts. Living in China...You forget about a nice long relaxing tub bath but I quickly remembered why my mom always fussed about me spending to much time soaking!!!
When we checked out I went over the bill. There was a donation for some charity on our bill. I never understood what the charity was for so I had them to take it off.
This hotel is handicap accessible.
Overall, a GREAT stay at the Crown Plaza. We will for sure stay here again during our next trip to Shenzhen!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Farmngal:
Thank you for your glowing “report”. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay. I hope to be able to welcome you back.