“Best Stay in Shenzhen”

Ranked #80 of 2,767 Hotels in Shenzhen
Hong Kong, China
“Best Stay in Shenzhen”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

2 days short vacation with my hubby in this hotel. Everything is perfect, staffs are nice and helpful, rooms are big and with paintings on wall. Bed is extreme comfortable and soft. 5 mins to railway stations. Gym room is a bit old and swimming pool is a bit small but are clean than I expected. Breakfast buffet is delicious and amazingly boxes are provided for guests takeaway. 24 hours staying is exceptionally great scheme. Surely will visit again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank candikwan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Accra
Reviewed 8 August 2014

the room and service is excellent ,friendly staff even with the language barrier, very professional and well trained staff.Rooms are very spacious and all the necessary amenities work perfectectly and are available. Most of the rooms are equipped with a small kitchenette. Problem with the place is the bathrooms need serious renovation especially for the lower floors. Even for the executive floors you will find rust in the fridge and on the tiles in the bathroom and the sink area .Most of the rooms smelled of smoke though they were non-smoking.
I personally think they hotel needs to renovate all the bathrooms and maybe be more strict about the smoking policy.Food was lovely.

Room Tip: please opt for rooms form the 17th floor,they are much more expensive but nicer.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

That a stay for 4 nights the room was nice modern and cosy. With kitchen the bath great. Gym and swimming pool were nice. The staff were nice helpful made us feel at home. Only feedback drinking water quantity supplied can be increased. Thanks for the great stay.

• Stayed July 2014
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

Stay here for 2 nights. The suites was fabulous. . Big comfy bed and spacious room. There are small kitchen also to use. The customer service was perfect. The manager on duty even took me to nearby shop to buy sim card. Thumbs up !

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Mississauga
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I stayed at the Royal Suites & Towers for the weekend on May 23rd – 25th with my wife and two young sons. We arrived around 4:00 pm on the Friday and we were able to check into our room right away. We had booked a non smoking bigger “business suite” with the separate bedroom. Not sure why but we were given a free upgrade to a deluxe suite, which was very nice of the check-in staff. The cool thing about Royal Suites & Towers is the time that you check in is also your check out time, so since we arrived at 4pm we didn’t have to check out until 4pm on the day we left. There is another hotel right in front of the Royal Suites & Towers called 999 – because online the hotel is always called 999 Royal Suites & Towers that’s why we went to the 999 hotel first. So probably a bigger Royal Suites & Towers sign directly outside the subway would be helpful.

We were very impressed with the size of the room. There was definitely plenty of space! My older son was able to sleep on the couch and we had requested a crib for our younger son. This had to have been the quietest hotel we’ve ever stayed in. We specifically requested a room far away from the elevator but we actually got the room closest to the elevator – however it didn’t matter because the way the room is set up the bedroom is so far from the front door it was so nice and quiet. The window seat in the bedroom was a nice touch. The reason we were in town was because my wife was giving a lecture and she was happy to relax in the window seat each night and practice her speech. There are two TVs one in the main area and one in the bedroom. The bathroom is a nice size as well as the shower and the floor of the shower wasn’t too slippery. There is an anti fog mirror in the shower. The shower taps were confusing to figure out but the hotel must know that because there are detailed instructions posted inside the shower, the water pressure is very good and hot water was adequate.

A couple of things we were disappointed about were that there was no bathtub and no microwave (even though you could see the empty shelf in the kitchen where the microwave may have been at one time). My kids love having a bath at hotels, so that was a let down, but we were told there are no bathtubs in that particular hotel.
Actually the kitchen had very little in it – less things than a standard hotel room. No spoons with the mugs they provided and no instant coffee. The reason we were disappointed there was no microwave was that the hotel website actually advertises “full kitchen with microwave” and all the pictures of the suites showed a microwave. We had actually brought microwave popcorn to enjoy at night with the free HBO channel. The kitchen is nice with a separate area for cooking, but if you wanted to cook there was a rental fee for each, plate, set of chopsticks etc. The rental prices are ridiculous - I think for 2 sets of chopsticks it was 10 RMB a day. However, this didn’t really affect us because we were only there for the weekend, we didn’t plan on cooking anyway.
We could never get the in room safe to work, at one point we had someone look at it and they couldn’t seem to figure it out either.
As well even though it advertised iron and ironing board in the room it wasn’t there – another standard thing in most hotel rooms.
Not sure why so many standard things were missing; I wondered if our room was recently renovated and just hadn’t been fully stocked yet as at one point they randomly showed up at our door with the phone that goes on the bathroom wall.

The staff were friendly enough. Since there were four of us in the room we were always asking for extra towels and they were quick and happy to comply. We had a bit of a power issue as one of our outlets whenever we used it, would cause the electricity in the whole room to have a power shortage, but the staff was helpful and friendly in fixing it right away.

We spent some time in the pool on Saturday morning. There are two pools a little round one for kids and a big one. The little one is basically covered so it was chilly, but it was nice to have a safe place for the kids to swim. The staff at the pool were friendly to provide my kids with swimming rings that they had at the pool.

My wife forgot the cord to charge her ipod and tried to find the business centre. Unfortunately there are no books in the hotel room that explain the hotel amenities – which is usually standard for a hotel. In the elevator there is a sign that said the business centre was on the top floor, so my wife went up there and couldn’t find anything, then she called the front desk and they said it was on the 17 floor, she went there and she could only find regular hotel rooms so she ended up going to the front desk and asking for the cord and someone delivered it to her promptly.

Wifi worked just fine for us.

We had no meal options with our stay so we can’t comment on the restuarants.

The hotel is really in a convenient area in relation to the subway. We were told the subway line that the hotel is on is newly built so it was nice that we weren’t entering into a very busy station each day. It is a very residential area so you won’t find things like Starbucks, Burger King or McDonalds close by but the neighbourhood is nice with a bunch of local restaurants and little shops. I found one restaurant where we ate both breakfast and lunch at on Saturday and then we found a little drink shop for fresh watermelon drinks as well. The fact that it is a residential area makes it quieter and big malls like KK mall (which offers Pizza Hut, Starbucks etc) are only a couple of stops away.

Taking into consideration the price, size of the room and proximity to the subway we would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Our room which was right beside the elevator/lift was still quiet
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank peppy5
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

We (12 engineers) booked rooms in this hotel from May 5th to May 31th.

Overall, our suite rooms are clean , the hotel Staff speak a little or no english at all! except a nice girl from Estonia (Guest's service manager) and her name is Kaisa and she was very helpful and supportive all times, she speaks English and Chinese as well.

I enjoyed eaiting my breakfast in the hotel restaurant every day and the buffet was perfect and the waiters/waitresses are very active specially: Sabrina, Nichole,and Jack and another one who cooking eggs but I forget his name.

Their is a Gym & swimming pool in the 4th floor of the hotel and I spent a lot of time there.

The laundry service is very good and fast. But the room service needs to be enhanced a little because some times they forgot to put water, fruits or Soaps.

The hotel is very near from the metro station Huangbeiling-

We went to culture village, Window of the world, and OCT tea stream valley and we enjoyed watching Chinese culture history and other wonderful shows.

I hate the bargaining when I tried to buy anything from Shenzhen. But I admire at the same time seeing a very young people specially girls doing their job with love.

Overall the Chinese people are very kind and helpful.

Give it a try.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Mohamed M
Bangkok
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Normally I would not have considered this hotel but a special Travelzoo offer tempted me. Unlike three such offers last year (all of which were excellent), this was very disappointing, the more so as I later learned that many of the top hotels routinely offer major discounts at week-ends.

First, the good. The 22nd floor suite was large, comfortable and quiet even if it was clearly in need of renovation. The bedroom was on the small side, but perfectly acceptable. But then the negatives. The wifi in the room did not work and could not be made to work. Thankfully I had a connection cable with me. The in-room safe also did not work. Worse, having asked for it to be fixed, it never was. The bedroom air-conditioning made some unnecessary little noises and the generous shower unit was not properly insulated resulting in water all over the bathroom floor. Returning late on the second afternoon, neither room key worked. Reception confirmed they had been incorrectly programmed for just one night rather than the two I had reserved and paid for!

Our rate included breakfast. Although the range of dishes was quite extensive, the quality overall was poor. On the second morning, there were no cups for coffee. When these were eventually replaced, there were no bowls for cereal. The one staff on duty had a major problem understanding what was missing! Then there was no white sugar for cereals. Nor were any napkins provided. On the first evening we had dinner in the same coffee shop. This was dreadful. Wanting a quick snack, I ordered a beef burger. This was so tough and so overcooked it was totally inedible. What the chef had done was simply take a piece of steak and cooked it – I assumed a day or two beforehand. It was replaced with a Club Sandwich.

On check-out, there was an interminable delay even though there was no queue. I was then informed I would be charged RMB10 for the carrier bag which all good hotels have in their rooms and which in my experience are always complimentary. I returned it. Reception staff, though, generally tried to be helpful. The coffee shop staff, on the other hand, had zero interest whatever in guests and should all be replaced!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends