“Nice hotel but room service serve rotten meat . . .”

The Langham, Shenzhen
Ranked #8 of 2,840 Hotels in Shenzhen
Reviewed 10 March 2014

It is my first time at a Langham hotel. I have chance to be upgrade to grand room. The hotel and all the facilities, and the staff are all very nice and helpful.
The only thing I am very disappointed is about he room service. I order a wonton noodle (chinese dumpling) and I have the terrific surprise that the meat is rotten . . . just to reminder that it is a 5 stars category hotel FIVE STAR ... and there suppose to have a TWO STAR michelin restaurant in the hotel ...
So I call back the room service, the personal in charge ask to chose another dish for same price or cheaper for exchange . . .
I find this reaction is VERY MISERLY. For the minimal is to offer the diner with apologize
Next I will bring the dish directly to their hotel director and country hygiene service and see wait are they manage to deal with such situation ...

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank anthace
Sharoncyw, Manager at The Langham, Shenzhen, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we appreciate your feedback.

We are sorry to hear about any uneasiness we may have caused you. I have personally reviewed your observations with F&B team as a source of opportunity and improvement.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the other issues you brought up which is by no means a true reflection of our typical high standards of service. Kindly rest assured those items will be reviewed and appropriate actions taken to ensure similar situations do not occur again. Needless to say I hope to have the occasion to contact with you by email(wilson.wei@langhamhotels.com) personally.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you to the hotel again in the near future.

Reviewed 6 March 2014

The Langham Hotel was an excellent value in Shenzhen. We stayed on the club floor and the service was impeccable. We also had dinner at Duke's Jazz Club. The food and the music were both excellent. Both my husband and I felt that the hotel was excellent and we look forward to visiting again

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Good view and deluxe enjoyable of the room.
The room make me for wide sight about the city.
Hotel location is near the MTR and easy to get there.
Amenities are as my wish with fresh fruits.
I can totally relax with trip.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 February 2014 via mobile

Everything in Club Class was excellent, faultless! Quality service and hospitality at it's best! We were pampered from start to finish, I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Shenzen now. The staff are brillliant!

• Stayed: February 2014
Sharoncyw, Manager at The Langham, Shenzhen, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Thank you for taking time to giving us such positive comments about the hotel staff and service. We're looking forward to seeing you soonest and hope you will get more enchanting experience in The Langham, Shenzhen next time.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

I was in Shenzhen for 5 days to meet with business partners and to spend my weekend with my family coming over from Hong Kong. The Langham offered a great rate for a 5 days stay. The hotel staff was very friendly and arranged for another room when my family arrived. For business, the hotel is perfect. The restaurant buffet (Silk) is not really equiped for small children. One would expect plastic cutlery and plates as offered in the Marriot Shenzhen. The hotel is in the middle of the Futian business district, however a short taxi drive away from entertainment areas and parks. Overall a very good stay for an attractive price.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 23 February 2014

I stayed here for a wedding and had been warned it probably wouldn't be exactly to my tastes. And perhaps it isn't as far as the very shiny, ye-olde-British, lots of marble aesthetic goes. It's very ritzy and I must admit even though I would usually think that kind of thing a little gauche, I really, really liked it in the end.

Great bathtubs and showers. Lots of wardrobe space and sufficient hangers. A traditional turndown service with a chocolate. Fast bellboys. Swift check-in. A really extensive breakfast buffet. The little details that make a stay really pleasant.

What made this an exceptional stay was the service. It was full-occupancy though the staff did not appear to be over-stretched. Everyone was friendly without being robotic. And so efficient and obliging. The service was consistent across all areas - reception, restaurant, spa. Management should treasure them!

If I had a sole complaint it would be that the sound insulation from the halls to the room could be better. I also understand it is a little isolated, though taxis are cheap (if a little hard to flag at peak hours).

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

We were delighted to know you had an enjoyable stay in The Langham, Shenzhen and thank you so much for such encouraging and valuable comments.
The evocative warmth and residential environment created in this elegant European-style sanctuary with a contemporary twist, makes The Langham, Shenzhen as the best choice for both leisure and business travelers .Thank you again and looking forward to seeing you in the very near future.

Reviewed 5 February 2014

We stayed in this hotel for two nights during the CNY holiday period. I could not fault the hotel which met all our expectations for luxury and great service. The room and bathroom were very well arranged and appointed with a superb range of lighting options enabling us to set just the right mood. The staff couldn't have been more attentive and helpful making us feel very welcome and thoroughly looked after. The breakfast is not cheap but there was the largest selection I have ever seen much of it cooked freshly in front of you. We also took advantage of a 'couples' option in the Hotel spa which was frankly great value for money and totally luxurious. Altogether a fabulous experience!

Room Tip: I've only stayed there once and we had a deluxe room on the 23rd floor which looked out over wh...