“Hard to come by in China”

Gold Coast Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #36 of 4,118 Restaurants in Shenzhen
Price range: US$6 - US$40
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Delivery, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Shekou
Description: The main focus and emphasis of the food is Australian Steaks & Seafood prepared and cooked using traditional methods.Large range and variety of Seafood such as Scallops, Prawns, Lobster, Tuna, Sole, Squid, Cod, Oyster, Sea bass and Salmon. Highest quality steaks and other BBQ food are authentically cooked in the Australian way to retain all the juice and flavor.The menu is diverse to cover a broad range of nationalities, tastes, ages and also includes many selections suitable for vegetarians. Gold Coast also has Catering, Delivery and Parties services. Rear entrance and car parking available. Tips are optional.
Discovery Bay, Hong Kong
“Hard to come by in China”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2013

Goldcoast has consistently great food and they try very hard to give good service. The value for the money is good. My favorite dish on the menu is the grilled salmon and I always ask to have potatoes gratin instead of mashed or fries. Nice ambience and great location at Seaworld.

• Visited June 2013

• Korean first
hong kong
“Consistent high standard of food and service.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2013

Best restaurant in Shekou never fails to please weekdays or weekend the food is superb great choice of menu from fantastic lobster steaks or pizza.
Chris is a very welcoming host and his staff are delightfull and always eager to please.
If you are planning to visit Shekou dont miss out there is no better place to eat.

• Visited June 2013
“Best Service & meals in Shekou”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2013

I really enjoy having lunches at the Gold Coast Restaurant in Sea world. The Best Cesar Salad I had in Shenzhen ! My wife and I have tried the Chicken Parmigiana, and the steaks, all first class & superb !
The staff speaks great english and the owner as well as his wife are always running the place with a friendly smile.
I do recommend the Restaurant, five stars ! !

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank DougFlyer
Hong Kong, China
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“1st Class European food in Shenzhen”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2013

Once again we visited this eatery.Four of us participated.The food was mouthwatering.Chris and his staff were more than helpful and very friendly. If you are planning to visit this restaurant my one and only piece of advice is fast for a few hours before. If yoy want to finish your meal.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank robert w
Shenzhen, China
“Never again!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2013

What an interesting phenomenon, all these great trip advisor reviews to draw you to a place, and when you get your food, you realize that you have been duped by the old "bait and switch" tactic, or at least that's what I felt like.

First it was a Thursday, my wife and I were in China visiting friends and decided to go to dinner on our own before discussing it with them. After being sat we waited approx 25 minutes for our drinks. I guess a glass of wine and a sprite are hard things to come by in china. Or maybe they were busy, but being that we were the only table in the place I am not sure that was the case.

First course, tom yum soup to share, after the first bite the sharing ended and the staring started. The stares were at the soup wondering what could make it taste like this. Not a pleasant start.

The menu was a good size so I went with the roast beef dinner. I thought that this was a safe bet. My wife had the chicken. Bad bet, The roast beef was flavorless, but tender, and the potatoes were not so bad. The chicken my wife had was boderline inedible, im not even sure what cut of the chicken it was, maybe the thigh.

Top this off with slow service in an empty restaurant, this equals a very bad night for dinner out.
I dont usually write on these review sites but i couldn't let this one go. Porbably because I believe the final bill was around 50 usd! Not cheap

• Visited March 2013