“Home from Home”

Four Points by Sheraton Shenzhen
Ranked #16 of 2,862 Hotels in Shenzhen
Reviewed 24 May 2012

I always stay in the Four Points when in Shenzhen and have done for several years, it can be for up to 3 -4 weeks at a time, so it is important to me that I am happy with everything. Breakfast buffet is excellent, all staff are very accommodating and can never do enough for you. Rooms are spotless and very comfortable. Lobby Lounge is a great place to meet other travellers and have something casual to eat. They have a great selection of wines or beers, whatever your choice is and if alone you never feel uncomfortable sitting alone, as all the wait staff will have a chat with you. Great gym, when i had the time to use and fab pool area. Location of the four points is not down town but is very close to the Futian Area where there are some great shopping malls ( Coco Park) and good bars and restaurants , in my opinion I like this location better than downtown Lohu side, also you are very close walking distance to Lok ma chou station to take the train Hong Kong, or if you don't feel like the walk the hotel has a free shuttle bus to the station. If looking to be taken good care of during your stay in Shenzhen, you will not be disappointed by the Four Points...Enjoy!!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Jules_UK68
fourpointsshenzhen, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Shenzhen, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2012

Dear Guest, Thank you for sharing your experience with us and we pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. Your positive comments will be passed onto our associates,and they will feel happy.It was a delight to have you stay with us and we hope you will come and stay with us again in the near future.

Reviewed 3 May 2012

Great Service from time of walking into Hotel till time walking out 4 days later. Close to Convention centre, Shopping Centre, Border to Hong Kong and Subway. Rooms were large and very well looked after. Restaurant Breakfast was one of the best ever in any of my stays. Food huge range Asian to western & staff could not do enough. Need Wi Fi in the rooms would be my only suggestion. Keep it up

Room Tip: Book early to make sure you get in into this Hotel & Try Hong Kong Street for some great local f...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank pc0lburn
fourpointsshenzhen, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Shenzhen, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2012

Dear Guest, Thank you for sharing your experience with us and we pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. Your compliments are greatly appreciated and it will certainly inspire our team spirit. Thank you once again and hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.
Kindly regards

Reviewed 28 April 2012

During by business trips I used to stay at this hotel.
It is a very nice hotel , the stuff are great , and the location of the hotel is good

Room Tip: From my experience with this hotel - All rooms that I've stayed were great
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 March 2012

I stayed at the Four Points in Shenzhen for 3 nights in February 2012 and was overall satisfied with the hotel. All of the common areas are lovely, clean and well decorated. The room I was in had beautiful contemporary decor and was well outfitted with toiletries and tea and coffee.

Unfortunately, the Japanese restaurant which I have been to in the past was closed, however it is a fantastic restaurant. Their main dining room which has breakfast in the morning and the buffet dinner in the evening is quite good. They had a very wide selection of foods from Asia and America and enough selection to satisfy the group I travelled with.

There were a few things that took away from the overall experience. Some of their service charges are quite unreasonable and outdated such as the high cost of internet and super high corkage fees at the restaurant.

Overall, I was quite happy with my stay there this February and in the past. I will continue to stay at this location when visiting Shenzhen.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
fourpointsshenzhen, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Shenzhen, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2012

Dear Guest, We are delighted to receive your feedback regarding your stay with us. Your compliments for the room and staff are greatly appreciated and it will certainly inspire our team spirit. For the Japanese restaurant, we have a good news for you. The restaurant now is redecorating, and it will be completed in July this year. At that moment, it will be a completely different feeling, and will provide a fresh experience to you. We thank you for your comments and look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel. Kindly Regards Bryan Cheong General Manager

Reviewed 24 February 2012

I have only stayed at three hotels in Shenzhen, and the FourPoints Sheraton has become my home for the past several years.

Staff members have been marvelous, from check-in to help with air transport, or arranging for the limo to the Hong Kong Airport. The HK shuttle service is not trivial: they get you to HK, safely, rapidly, efficiently, no hassle and for very little money. And if you want, the concierge can book your plane for you, so you will arrive with tickets to fly out of HK. I have rarely had such detailed and personalized attention from a hotel concierge as when I needed booking out of HK.

The hotel has always stored my excess luggage while I traveled to Philippines or around China, and had my favorite room ready when I returned.

I love the lobby bar. The wait-staff remembers me and gives me excellent service, and free Chinese lessons every time I show up! They have good wines and even decent pizza and good bar snacks. You will also meet a range of characters from other countries if you want to chat with a businessman from India or an Australian surfer.

Shenzhen is a China technology center. So if you are into that, you will be impressed. For instance, the Shenzhen “Beijing Genetics Institute”—yes, it is in Shenzhen—has more high-throughput DNA pyrosequencers, e.g., Illumina platform that are used for the likes of the Human Genomics Project than all of the USA! There are also very nice shopping malls and outdoor parks where one can spend a whole day walking and soaking up peaceful and marvelously colorful ambiance.. all within a short taxi ride from the hotel.

The hotel is rather westernized, so if you want traditional Chinese, this is not your hotel. That is the only negative for this hotel. I did have one horrible experience during my first stay. I ate a club sandwich for lunch in the lobby bar that gave me staphylococcus food poisoning (I am a microbiologist specializing in bacterial gastroenteritis, so you’ll have to trust my diagnosis). I mention this because in retrospect, it was a hilarious introduction to Shenzhen. I was vomiting violently and it kind of ruined the in-room dining experience from my Chinese friend and me. However, the hotel staff responded to my peril with a kind and caring attitude. They offered to take me to a hospital (I refused), provided me plenty of bottled water to keep me hydrated, and checked on me over the next 18 hours. I knew the malady would run its course. And it did.

This hotel has THE BEST workout facility of any hotel I’ve ever stayed in, anywhere in the world!!! This is a huge, expansive facility with well-maintained equipment that always works. There is an excellent weight and machine exercise room with great view of the city is very well maintained with clean towels and water provided. Elliptical machines, treadmills and cycling machines all have TVs with headphones and they all work. Cold or hot water is dispensed and clean towels are readily available to all clients. Gym staff are knowledgeable and helpful with use of equipment. Locker facilities are likewise excellent: clean, efficient. There is a real Finnish style sauna!!! A couple of Jacuzzis with large screen TV. I cannot speak too highly of this fitness facility.

Obviously, fitness is a priority for this hotel, and they deserve kudos for delivering the goods!!!

The roof-top swimming pool not Olympic size, but maybe 25 meters. is also excellent but not heated. So if you swim there in early January be prepared for a little thermal shock when you enter the water (you will also have the whole pool area to yourself, that is, no lifeguards). Still I’ve enjoyed having the whole pool to myself and doing the backstroke looking at the sky and surrounding buildings, even in late December.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
fourpointsshenzhen, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Shenzhen, responded to this reviewResponded 29 February 2012

Dear Guest, We appreciate you taking the time to post such positive comments - it’s always great to hear that our guests enjoy themselves during their travels. Your comments will be passed onto our team especially our concierge, F&B and fitness center team and it will certainly inspire our team spirit! Thank you once again and hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 22 February 2012

4P Shenzhen is located at Guihua road, inside the Futian FreeTradeZone in SZX. While it may not sound like a classy area being located in the FTZ, the hotel def stand-out in that area. Just next to the check-point border from HK, thus it makes getting there relatively a breeze if you coming from HK for a short holiday

I was coming from HK and pick 4P SZX for its proximity to the Border. Once you clear border Customs, you can see the hotel and is 5min via taxi and stayed for 1 night with a couple of friends

Room was on a redemption award (only 3000 pts) using SPG points. I was given a room in the East Tower and to reach it from lobby (West Tower), you need to take a lift to 5th floor and cross over which is actually quite a hassle but other than that, no pain staying

Decor was traditionally 4P style, nothing fancy, but very practical and usable. 4P SZX is approx 20mins by taxi to city where you can find great Guangdong food shopping @ Lo Wu

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 January 2012

I satyed for one night:

- clean nice room
- room was rennovated with flat screen and light wooden furniture
- very compfy King bed
- 10 min walk to the HK border (Hotel also offers a free shutlle bus)
- No free Wifi is a bit outdated!!!!!
- 10 min taxi ride to downtown Shenzhen/ Coco park (cost you about 2 euro/3 USD)
- Nice gym and pool
- very friendly staff
- quick check-out

The location is NOT downtown. It is a 10 minute ride. The Hotel is stuck between a highway and the free trade zone. You do hear the occasional truck blow its horn (at 6am) but it's nothing that bothered me. Overall a good Hotel which is a lot cheaper than a lot of the other western Hotels in town.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank TravelRaoul
fourpointsshenzhen, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Shenzhen, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2012

Dear Guest, we appreciate you taking the time to post the comments - it’s always great to hear that our guests enjoy themselves during their travels.Thank you again and we hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.
Bryan Cheong

Also consider these accommodations in or near Shenzhen
Luohu Port
Zhuzilin
Grand Mercure Shenzhen Oriental Ginza
Civic Center
Sheraton Shenzhen Futian Hotel

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Shenzhen? Share your experiences!