“The Best choice for me in the last 5 years” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Four Points by Sheraton Shenzhen

Four Points by Sheraton Shenzhen
Ranked #28 of 2,742 Hotels in Shenzhen
Chicago, IL
“The Best choice for me in the last 5 years”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2012 via mobile

I always stay in Four Points By Sheraton Shenzhen. I enjoy the hotel so much, never choose to stay in any other hotel in Shenzhen. I like good breakfast selection, good gym, pool on the roof . I personally never had problems with gym or pool hours. Worked out as early as 6:15 am and was swimming as late as 10:35 pm. For time I was there, it were hot days: 35C and about 100% humidity. Pool was great choice for any time of the day( if u have time). I stood in the hotel as regular guest, gold SPG and Platinum SPG. Each level u have some options with hotel, but as Platinum the best choices . Last a few times I stood- received 1 bedroom deluxe suits- first time with kitchen, second time no kitchen, but Hobg Kong view and bigger rooms. Breakfast is included, Internet- evening hours in executive lounge. This time I favorite rooms were: 1959 and 2251
I would recommend this hotel always.

Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
fourpointsshenzhen, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Shenzhen, responded to this review, 27 July 2012
Dear Guest, Thank you for sharing your experience with us and we pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. we appreciate your 5-year supporting and your highly recommendation.
We hope to welcome you back to hotel in the near future.
Bryan Cheong

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
San Francisco, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2012

This is one of the nicest and well run Four Points(by Sheraton) I have seen yet! By no means have I stay at them all but I was so happy to find this one. Staying here is a cheaper alternative to staying in Hong Kong with out sacrificing accessibility. From Tsim Sha Tsui subway station (almost the middle of Hong Kong) you can take a 45 minute subway ride to the border station Lo Wu or Lok Ma Chau then the Hotel is just 15 minutes by taxi. The taxi cost is still only like 7 or 8 dollars. The Hotel is beautiful, with a great gym including sauna, steam room and water pools at three different water temperatures. Of course I need to mention the beautiful pool on the 6th floor terrace. Look out for the breakfast buffet, it made me gain a few pounds!

1 Thank Austin L
Dear Guest, Thank you for sharing your experience with us and we pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. And we really glad to know that you enjoy the breakfast and the gym, and the time of traffic to our hotel you mentioned in the comments is really helpful,
Thank you once again and hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.
Kunshan, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2012

I stayed here the first time and I was very surprised. A friendly check in and also fast. Same for check out. This I really appreciate. I booked a suite which was quite affordable that time for one night. The rooms very clean, but you could see also already that is was used for a certain time. Nothing much really to complaint about. At the end it was a very good stay at this hotel especially a got a lot value for the money. Would stay there again.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Shenzhen, responded to this review, 10 July 2012
Dear Guest, Thank you for your comments and we are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us.Your satisfaction is the most precious prize for our work. Hopefully we could have the honor to offer you our sincere service in the near future.
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2012

location: as many may have pointed out... it's not next to the border... actually some distance away... may be a 10-15 mins walk (we didn't try)... it's better to take a cab (around RMB13)... or catch the shuttle (from hotel to border only)...

room: we've got "upgraded" to the members floor, the 16th floor... our room is at the end of the walkway... and the room plan is a bit strange... it has a L-shaped corridor... but the view is really nice (facing the green Hong Kong)... the room is clean and the bed is so comfortable...

breakfast: when checking in... the staff didn't tell us about the breakfast (which was included in my plan)... and we needed to ask... breakfast has a wide range of choice... a good balance of eastern and western... i would love to take some pics to share... but i was being "shouted" by the manager and told not to do so... air-con was not enough... don't sit under the ventilation... as there are dusts coming out...

swimming pool: a roof-top swimming pool on the 6th floor... opens early in the morning and late at night... but when we visited the pool after breakfast (around 10am)... the staff at first told us the towels were not ready and we needed to swim for 2hrs waiting for the towels... but later they sent us towels in 30mins...

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
fourpointsshenzhen, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Shenzhen, responded to this review, 20 June 2012
Dear Guest, Thank you for sharing your experience with us and we pleased to hear you a pleasant stay.We will most certainly pass your comments on to the team so we can improve and it is really helpful for us.We thank you for your comments and look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.
Los Angeles
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2012

Very typical of a Sheraton hotel. Nice and clean. Spacious. Gym was excellent, although you have to be careful with the time because it's not always open. From what I can remember, it doesn't open until later in the morning and then closes not too late in the evening. Location was both a blessing and a curse. If you happen to be lucky enough to get a room on one of the top floors, believe me. The view is OUTSTANDING! You can see all of Shenzhen and the surrounding area for MILES! The Shenzhen skyline, in all its beauty and splendor, can really only be appreciated from such a vantage point. Of course, the view is not free. The cost of such a view is convenience. Though on the map it seems like the Four Points is right next to the border, and so you would think it'd be close to the train station, the Lo Wu mall, etc., in actuality, it is not. In fact, a taxi ride from the train station to the hotel will easily set you back 40 yuan. I saw the taxi driver. He had to take all these weird turns up and down and all around, and the whole time, I could see the hotel. It is in a VERY awkward location relative to everything else. And when I asked the concierge where could I go get something to eat, he said I needed to take a taxi to the nearest 7-11! OUCH! So, all in all, just purely as a hotel, I would say EXCELLENT, as are most Sheraton hotels. The quality is a given. But the location leaves much to be desired (once you're done with the view).

Room Tip: If you book this hotel, make sure, MAKE SURE you consider the location and all the pluses and drawba...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
fourpointsshenzhen, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Shenzhen, responded to this review, 14 June 2012
Dear Guest, Thank you for sharing your experience with us regarding your recent stay. Your positive comments will inspire us to be better.Our hotel situated in the Futian Free Trade Zone, Four Points by Sheraton Shenzhen is just minutes away from the Futian border crossing with Hong Kong, and we have shuttle bus from hotel to Futian border every half hour from 09:30 to 18:30 except 12:00 o'clock.If you need go to HK duiring your stay our hotel will be really convenient.Hoping the information can help you.We thank you for your comments and look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.
Maastricht, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2012

The title says it all .. I can highly recommend the hotel restaurant for their excellent Cantonese food. I enjoyed both lunch and dinner there and I can't wait to be back!
Secondly, rooms were very nice, modern, but with a Chinese touch. I stayed at one of the SPG members floors.
One remark I have, is with regard to internet. Hotel needs to improve on this.
First of all, at check-in I understood that room internet was free-of-charge, but at login with the LAN, it was clear I had to pay. Due to my mistake, I logged in twice and was charged twice. The hotel did not take this 2nd charge off my bill even after asking. Secondly, the wifi in the lobby is not good. Every time I walked into the lobby, I had to submit the login codes again on my iPhone.
Suggestion to hotel: Open up your wifi in the lobby and make it free-of-charge. This seems to be the standard in the other business hotels in China. And foir the LAN, offer it for free on SPG floors.

1 Thank ECB1974
fourpointsshenzhen, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Shenzhen, responded to this review, 7 August 2012
Dear Guest, Thank you for sharing your experience with us and we pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. Your comments will be passed onto the team and we already improved the wifi support.
Once again, thank you for your feedbacks and highly recommend. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Townsville, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2012

This was our second stay at this hotel, the first being two years ago. The hotel itself was very nice, a decent size and very clean.

The hotel is a little out of the way if you're wanting to cross the boarder and shop at Lo Wu and the only place really to grab a bite to eat is at the hotel.

The service is fantastic and the food is good value for money. The facilities including the pool and gym are great.

The beds are a little hard which is common in Asia and the aircon seemed a little warm.

We found this visit and stay to be a lot dearer than our previous stay - my advise would be look for a deal on wotif or on their website that includes breakfast and internet otherwise it can end up very expensive.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
fourpointsshenzhen, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Shenzhen, responded to this review, 8 June 2012
Dear Guest, Thank you for sharing your experience with us regarding your recent stay. Your compliments for the room and staff are greatly appreciated and it will certainly inspire our team spirit.We thank you for your comments and look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.