“My choice for future trips”

Four Points by Sheraton Shenzhen
Ranked #26 of 2,767 Hotels in Shenzhen
“My choice for future trips”
Reviewed 15 March 2013

In short, I couldn't have asked for anything better for my business trip than what Four Points Shenzhen has to offer. It was my first ever trip to China and I was a little worried about making my way to this hotel as I was flying into Hong Kong International Airport and had to make my own way into Shenzhen. Thankfully, it was so easy. At the airport, just head to the bus terminal, buy a ticket (RMB180) and that will take you to the hotel lobby. No worries.
The hotel room is nothing short of what you can expect from an international hotel chain. Food is decent albeit a little overpriced. I like the breakfast - in particular the scrambled egg was yummy. There is also a minimart within hotel grounds so you can easily get a cold Coke and Kit Kat bar without denting your wallet.
What impressed me the most is the service quality of the hotel staff. So as not to over share, I would just say I encountered a small "incident" during my trip, and the service staff really went out of their way to get me out of the fix. And mind you, I managed to get by most communication on English, which is more than I can say for any non-English-speaking countries.
The only slight complaint I had was regarding the morning shuttle provided to ferry the hotel guests to the nearby trade-free zone. On one of the days, there were too many people taking the shuttle and 5 of us were left and asked to take the next shuttle, 30 minutes later. And even taxi was cheap, but they weren't allowed in the trade-free zone, making it a little inconvenient.
The hotel location, unfortunately, is a little out of the way. But as mention, taxis are cheap. So, just make sure you bring a name card from the hotel, then, get the hotel staff to tell the cab driver where you are going, and on the way back, hand the card to the cab driver. And, if you are leaving to go to Hong Kong, there is a shuttle every 30 minutes, throughout the day, to ferry you to the nearby Futian Border, which is a short walk to Hong Kong where you can board the MTR.
Overall, great place to stay for work, probably also decent for pleasure.

• Stayed February 2013
fourpointsshenzhen, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Shenzhen, responded to this review, 19 March 2013
Dear SiowLing,

Thank you for your comments regarding your repeat stay with us. We appreciate you choosing our hotel when you've first time came to China.

We were pleased to read of your feedback regarding great services, nice restaurant and comfort room, thank you. Next time if you would like to take shuttle bus, please call us to book it first and we will be happy to serve you, then you could save your time.

we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to Four Points by Sheraton Shenzhen.

You're in for a great stay.

Bryan Cheong

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Palo Alto CA
Reviewed 14 March 2013

Solid four points for the Four Points in Shenzen - not perfect but just fine for a pleasant business stay. My room in the West tower was spacious, clean and equipped with fridge, ironing board and tool, the usual utensils, bamboo-made shoe horn, cloth brush, W-LAN, multiple power outlets in different formats, flat TV with international channels. The internet was fast; I did not experience any signs of slowing due to internet control when surfing and downloading from foreign web sites. Got all my search results and click throughs from Google, Wikipedia etc. 4 bottles of complimentary water plus the obligatory 1L bottle of water with ridiculously outrageous price tag. Water kettle, good tea and coffee supply. the coffee maker is an old-fashioned push down French press device; the coffee tastes pretty good. The walk from the West tower to the East tower is a bit of a maze. Further, if you have missed the music of the 80s you will hear all the hits from that era in the PA system in the elevator and the floors over and over.

There is a very nice gym and spa facilities and swimming pool.
The breakfast buffet in the "Taste" restaurant is amazing; also the seafood indulgence buffet (including unlimited wine) served on Fridays and Saturday evenings is pretty good. Try the Cantonese hot pot.
Although the Fusan border station is in 10 minutes walking distance I would not recommend to go there by foot. the sidewalk next to the busy Guihua road gets really narrow and is difficult to walk on in particular if you have to schlepp baggage. You also have to cross the exit of the Guanghzou highway. There is a free shuttle bus to and from the hotel to the border station every half hour. From the check point you can also easily board the Shenzhen Metro system.
There is a residential neighborhood with high density housing next to the hotel. A convenience store is located just next to the hotel. If you crave for US food, the predominant hamburger maker is not far away in that neighborhood (however, I found it difficult to order since none of the staff spoke English when I was there)
For eating I recommend to stay in the hotel unless you know where to go in town; the restaurants in the hotel serve pretty good food and the waiters are polite, speak reasonably good English and can help you to discover Cantonese meals.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
fourpointsshenzhen, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Shenzhen, responded to this review, 18 March 2013
Dear BruderLustig,

Thank you for taking your time to provide a wonderful review and choosing to spend your time with us at Four Points by Sheraton Shenzhen.

I am naturally delighted to know that you enjoyed everything from wholesome breakfast to facilities we provide. My team and I are proud to have made your stay in Shenzhen a memorable experience.

Once again, thank you for your kind words and I look forward to your return trip to Four Points by Sheraton Shenzhen in the near future.

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 7 March 2013

I was for 2 nights at this Hotel. Shenzhen is China. We all know that people don't speak easy english. Everybody did there. Its also SPG member hotel. I checked in within less than 5 min. The concierge gave me all the information i asked for. I even asked for DVD player which was brought prompt to my room. I stayed at the west tower. Quiet and nice. Everything was clean, single room was big. Coffe and 2 Water plus one OREO chocolate was included as i am SPG Gold Member. They had business center and its just 3 min driving from the boards of Lok ma chau, where you can take the KCR (like MTR) from Hong Kong station Hung Hom. Fast boarder also at the immigration. Try the hotel cheap and good. Not really in the centre of shopping district but a taxi to there is around 4-5 USD. WIll stay again there.

Room Tip: West Tower more quiet
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
fourpointsshenzhen, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Shenzhen, responded to this review, 11 March 2013
Dear Worldtraveller1900,

Thank you for your comments regarding your repeat stay with us. We were pleased to read of your feedback regarding great location, nice room and good services, thank you.

You're in for a great stay.

Durres
Reviewed 10 February 2013

Been here during a Business trip 3-4 years early, My partner arranged it for 190 $ night, The room was spacious,High Grade Amenities and some special in Toilet, Music on Toilet room and No Toilet Brush Cleaning,,,,,,,,,, The Real gentleman must not clean the Toilet,,,,,,,Restaurant was better ever seen and tasted in my life travels, waiters service also. Does exist a High Class everywhere you are moving on hotel , The garden Outside delivers Music and Flowers flavor,There is a fast ticketing agency on the first floor also, Everything is perfect there .

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
fourpointsshenzhen, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Shenzhen, responded to this review, 16 February 2013
Dear DerinDurres,

Thank you for providing such wonderful and comprehensive feedback from your recent experience with us at The Four Points by Sheraton Shenzhen.
My team and I are very proud to have made your stay comfortable. I very much appreciate your kind words and we look forward to welcoming you back with us at the The Four Points by Sheraton Shenzhen in the future. We know the best comforts in life aren't complicated. Wish you a great 2013 with happiness and good luck!

Reviewed 29 January 2013

I stayed several times here arriving in Shenzhen airport at night and on the way to Hong Kong next morning. The hotel is located nearby Futian border control to Hong Kong with a 1 hour MTR ride to Hong Kong Tsim Tsa Tsui. The hotel is nice and staff is friendly. Upon check-in I got automatically upgraded to the SPG floors on the upper levels with view towards the rural side of Hong Kong. The room is a bit small, but nice and clean as you would expect from a 4 star hotel. They have a roof top swimming pool as well, which is nice. The breakfast has a wide selection serving Chinese and Western food. I will be back next week.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
fourpointsshenzhen, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Shenzhen, responded to this review, 4 February 2013
Dear Crobbie2000,

Our sincere thank in advance for your kind effort and we looking forward to see you soon in the next week.

Shenzhen, China
Reviewed 21 January 2013

Recently stayed for 2 nights - clean and comfortable rooms - great spacious bathroom with walk in shower - west wing is a bit of a walk, but well worth it. Convenience to the Futian crossing to Hong Kong - walking distance. Nice staff and much better than other Four Points I have stayed in. Will definitely be back and better value than the city's five star hotels by far.

Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
fourpointsshenzhen, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Shenzhen, responded to this review, 24 January 2013
Dear Chinacol A, Thank you for sharing your experience and we are pleased to hear of your enjoyable stay with us. Your positive feedback will help to further enhance our Service Culture spirit among the associate in encouraging us going the Extra-mile in Guest Service.

Our sincere thank in advance for your kind effort and we looking forward to see you soon in the near future.

Macau
Reviewed 7 January 2013

Well, it is a decent hotel indeed which has 2 towers for hotel rooms. For SPG you will be assigned to another tower which lower floors are offices and upper are hotel rooms.
Pretty inconvenience as you need to take the lift to 5th floor at the main tower and walk across a long passage way to the other tower.
Been informed that breakfast is on the Executive Lounge upon check in and there is a little sticker on the key card holder said so. Eventually went to the Executive Lounge only to find out it is close for unknown reason and have to take the lift back to 5th floor and walk across back to the main tower to have a decent breakfast. It was crowded and we was told to seat outside at the entrance of the restaurant. Have to asked for the cutleries, coffee & tea services which i personally think is not up to standard for a hotel under Sheraton wings.
Not really convenience if you are taking a subway as it tooks about 15mins walk away from hotel which does not have proper pedestrian passage and it is quite dangerous during night time due to insufficient road light.
The positive stuff is the front Desk which we can feel they are warm and rendered their best services upon check in & check out.
Only one bathrobe and slipper available which i don't understand why but too late for any service thus went to sleep.

Room Tip: Ask for the main tower room nevermind if the other tower is meant for SPG to save the hassle for lon...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
fourpointsshenzhen, Public Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Shenzhen, responded to this review, 13 January 2013
Dear Guest, We are delighted to receive your feedback regarding your stay with us. The rooms in West Tower the one you have stayed are bigger and quieter. If you think it's too much troble for you to walk to West Tower, you could choose to stay in East Tower which also has nice rooms. We will most certainly pass your comments regarding the services you have received in restaurant on to the team so we can improve from that. Last but not least, our hotel offers free shuttle bus from hotel to Futian Check Points every half hour from 9:30 to 18:30, excepting 12:00. We apology for any inconvenience during your stay, once again, Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.