“16-18 Sept 2013”

Four Points by Sheraton Shenzhen
Ranked #15 of 2,840 Hotels in Shenzhen
Reviewed 4 October 2013

I was there for the above period stated. Generally the hotel looks very clean and room was really spacious too (not sure if this was because I did a stopover in HK before this). Check in was fast and the front desk was professional. Upon reaching my room, I heard loud karaoke music very distinctly from my room and thought that it was from a local pub around the hotel. The staff was pleasant enough to check if I wanted to change my room, but upon finding out that it was coming from a mid autumn festival function downstairs, I decided to bear with it. However I thought that this was a really nice gesture. The grill has great food, and I highly recommend the grass fed steak.

The only drawback about this place, I personally find the location pretty poor and not near anywhere. Given that trying to get a cab in Shenzhen can be really tough and intimidating (the locals were running towards any cab which stopped to let someone off) , I wouldn't recommend this place unless you were just traveling somewhere near the hotel/worked near the hotel. My personal experience: it took my 45min to get a cab back to the hotel everyday after work which totally spoilt my mood.

1  Thank crapgirl
fourpointsshenzhen, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Shenzhen, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2013

Dear Crapgirl,

Thank you so much for staying with us. We are very happy to hear from our loyal valued guest that you found our staff to be efficient and friendly. We will for sure continue to deliver the best to our guests in all the needs and requests. Thanks so much! I will be sure to share your kind words with the rest of our team.

About the location and traffic, during the shift hours(6p.m. - 7p.m.), which lead to very difficult to call the taxi. Hope you can choose other times to avoid traffic jams.

Situated in the Futian Free Trade Zone, Four Points by Sheraton Shenzhen is just minutes away from the Huanggang and Futian border crossings with Hong Kong. In only 10 minutes you’re in the city center, central business district, and the Shenzhen Convention & Exhibition Center. We’re 20 minutes from attractions like Windows of the World and Splendid China, as well as the Louhu Railway Station.

Should you require further assistant, please feel free to contact us at GSM.FPSZ@fourpoints.com at your convenience.

We look forward to welcoming you back here again soon.

Reviewed 19 September 2013

Location is at best average. The claim that it is walkable from the subway or Futian checkpoint is unreasonable. Visible yes walkable not really. There is a shuttle bus to the border/subway but it takes a break from 11.30 am until 1.30 pm - aggravating.

The Club lounge does not open for breakfast and seems to be totally unmanned during the day - it is a very big lounge.

Rooms are OK but no more, I found the layout thoughtless. Internet was dire and seemed to be more censored than in other parts of China.

Breakfast choice was good but the restaurant is too dark for breakfast, it needs some natural light. I was particularly disappointed having paid for the club floor not to be able to take breakfast there. Indeed I got zero value out of the club rate as I was out at meetings during the evening cocktails.

High status Starwood I checked in at 1.45pm and finally got a room after much chasing at 3.10pm. No upgrade.

Pay the extra for a better location or pay a third of the price for a better room at the Best Western in Louho

Room Tip: Find a better location and if you are Starwood loyal pay the extra for one of the other "Wood&q...
1  Thank carbine
fourpointsshenzhen, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Shenzhen, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2013

Dear Carbine,

Thank you for sharing your experience on your recent stay with us.

We are sorry to hear of your unpleasant experience and my sincere apology for not having the opportunity to resolve this personally before you leaving the hotel. As our valuable guest, you’re supposed to receive the highest Quality and Professional Service & Product from us and in this case we have failed in the delivery.

As always the Hotel takes serious approach when come to guest experience and satisfaction. Please be ensured that we will look into this in greater detail with our team and we will work toward a permanent solution.

Again, thank you for the comments, which help us to improve our service. Despite of the disappointment this time, we do hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 17 September 2013

Was at the hotel for a one night stay from 12/13 sept 2013.

Reached hotel about 830pm.

Hotel itself is very nice, looking luxurious. Has a nice pool and a big gym that opens till 2300hr. The restaurant at level three (Chinese food) is pretty decent in serving portions and pricings. SPG members get 20% off the a la carte menu prices. Rooms are well appointed. What I like most about the room is the shower whereby they provide much shampoo/shower gel for the guests, sufficient for use. This is unlike many hotels which provide a pathetic bottle only.

Only thing that the hotel did not do well was at check in. A receptionist Caven handled our check in which was for three rooms. We all told him we wanted a double bed or king sized bed. We all ended up with twin beds - not sure if it is a language issue. Since it was only for one night, we did not ask for a change.

Oh, a note that the location is quite off and in fact inconvenient. There are no eateries or anything within 20-30minutes of walking distance. It is near the huanggang immigration though. Due to its location, despite the hotel being nice and comfortable, I will probably skip this next round.

Room Tip: Just note if you choose this hotel, it's surroundings is almost barren. No eateries, no convenie...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
fourpointsshenzhen, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Shenzhen, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2013

Dear StevenTHKoh,

First of all, I would like to thank you for your valuable time in returning the Survey for your recent stay with us.

Just for your information, Our free shuttle bus transports guests to the Futian Free Trade Zone. From Monday to Friday, guests can take our free shuttle bus from the hotel to the Futian Boarder MTR Station (one way only). The shuttle bus has a fixed time schedule. From Saturday to Sunday, guests can take our free shuttle bus from the hotel to the Futian Boarder MTR Station, Coco Park and Shenzhen International Convention & Exhibition Center (one way only). Hope you can easily access the service, convenience of travel.

Whether you’re looking for a culinary journey, a quick bite, or just a drink, our hotel has five stylish, hassle-free restaurants and bars for you to choose from.The snack street is only a five-minute walk from our hotel, for more information, you can ask our concierge, it's always our pleasure to serve our guests.

Reviewed 11 September 2013

I stayed at this hotel already three times, but it will be my last. My platinum card gave me a free upgrade,... the room was big but lacked atmosphere. So does the lounge. It smell like damp on the hallways. Checkin took quite ling. They also do not offer Chinese Fapiaos on name,.. I find that very unprofessional. The fact that you would have to pay for internet is simply not from this time,... not in a hotel like this at least. What is also stupid - if you stay in the west wing you have to walk too far. All together fine,... but very average with average service by the staff.

1  Thank Dutchguy_in_Allgau
fourpointsshenzhen, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Shenzhen, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2013

Dear Dutchguy_in_China,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at Four Points by Sheraton Shenzhen .

We are very sorry to hear that our service did not meet your expectation, our team takes your comments very seriously, I will personally follow up with all the issues you mentioned here.

Again, thank you for taking your valuable time sharing your experience, we do hope will have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.

We wish you all the best in your future travels .

Kindly Regards

Reviewed 5 September 2013

I really enjoyed my stay here. The rooms were clean and spacious. The bathrooms were also extremely nice. I loved the breakfast buffet. It's simply something you can't pass up. I'd like to stay here again for my business trips.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank MantisFist
fourpointsshenzhen, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Shenzhen, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2013

Dear MantisFist,

Thank you for your comprehensive review and sharing valuable insights with other travelers here.

Thank you for your kind comments about our rooms, facilities and breakfast.

It is rewarding for our team to receive such positive comments from our guests. Thank you for sharing this with us. My team and I look forward to providing another truly amazing experience soon.

Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

This hotel has two separate buildings, one being for non preferred guests , the other being for preferred. Unfortunately the preferred guest building is about a 100 metre walk from the main check in reception area. This is time consuming in terms of using the hotels various facilities restaurants, coffee shops etc. A further drawback to this hotel is is location which is not within walking distance to the central business district of shopping & restaurants. This necessitates taking taxi's.I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights, one morning the cleaner forgot to clean & replenish the coffee/tea making area of the room. The restaurant buffet offered an excellent range of different food & was value for money compared to the hotels a la carte prices. Would I stay at this hotel again? Yes

• Stayed: May 2013

Dear Silvan0,

Thank you for sharing your experience on your recent stay with us.

Our hotel is composed of two buildings, most of suites and executive floor are located in the west tower, it provides more quiet and comfortable environment for our guests.

From Monday to Friday, guests can take our free shuttle bus to the Futian Boarder MTR Station (one way only). From Saturday to Sunday, the shuttle bus runs to the Futian Boarder MTR Station, Coco Park and Shenzhen International Convention & Exhibition Center (one way only). Hope it could make easier for you to teavel in Shenzhen.

Thank you again for your feedbacks and we look forward in welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Location is not too good. Far from anything/everything except for the Futian border crossing. You couldn't get food or do some shopping without taking a 20 minutes cab ride to the nearest mall.

Stayed on the 15th floor. The lifts were one of the slowest. I generally had to wait for at least 3-4 minutes for a lift to arrive.

Room was pretty OK. Clean and reasonable sized. Downside was that internet connection in room is chargeable. Free wifi is only available in lobby and restaurants.

Given a choice, I'd stay in other hotels.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
fourpointsshenzhen, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Shenzhen, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2013

Dear TtChet,

Location is Everything. Situated in the Futian Free Trade Zone, Four Points by Sheraton Shenzhen is just minutes away from the Huanggang and Futian border crossings with Hong Kong. In only 10 minutes you’re in the city center, central business district, and the Shenzhen Convention & Exhibition Center. Plus, we’re only 40 minutes from Shenzhen Bao’an International Airport (SZX) and 90 minutes from Hong Kong International Airport (HKG), easily accessible via taxi.

Our hotel also offer free shuttle bus to MTR, From Monday to Friday, guests can take our free shuttle bus to the Futian Boarder MTR Station (one way only). From Saturday to Sunday, the shuttle bus runs to the Futian Boarder MTR Station, Coco Park and Shenzhen International Convention & Exhibition Center (one way only). Hope it can let you feel more convenience.

About the elevator, we are sorry about wasting your time and will find out the root cause and make the necessary adjustment.

We wish you all the best in your future travels .

Kindly Regards