“very nice hotel”

Ranked #4 of 2,786 Hotels in Shenzhen
Pretoria, South Africa
“very nice hotel”
Reviewed 7 March 2014

very very nice hotel and great service. The rooms are very well decorated. the view is superb. everybody speaks english and that was great help. The concirge was very helpful and suggested us great places in shenzhen. This was our last stop in china and then to hongkong. it was good end to the journey. thank you to hosukeeping lady who cleaned our room.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank gerome m
Rain C, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Shenzhen, responded to this review, 6 November 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
It is great to hear that you had a first class stay with us. Thank you for taking time to review our hotel, we hope you will come back and visit us soon!
Four Seasons Hotel Shenzhen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 28 February 2014

The customer service I received during my stay at Four Season was pretty impressive. The foods were truly decadent. The hotel is literally brand new. The design of hotel room is a bit odd though. The bathroom is as big as the bedroom. The room facilities are good.- big flat screen TV, ipod etc.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Rain C, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Shenzhen, responded to this review, 7 November 2014
hong kong
Reviewed 24 January 2014

I feel very good to stay there for new year eve. I stayed at Club level and enjoyed all comlimantary food and drinks during my stay. I probably will stay there next time. Staff are well trained and detail-minded. The english speaking skills is good. Overall the dinner buffet was impressive. Great Fresh Food, Don't Skip Dessert!

Room Tip: Stay at club level~~
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Chicago, IL
Reviewed 11 January 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Four Seasons Shenzhen for two nights at the beginning of December 2013. We have stayed at several Four Seasons properties, but service here was exceptional even by Four Seasons standards. Since my husband was in town for business, I was on my own most of the time but the hotel really took care of me.

First of all, the room itself was stunning - the perfect blend of style, technology, and comfort. Our room had a king bed, a sitting area, a large walk-in closet and a huge luxurious bathroom. The sixth floor reception area was gorgeous with great views and is also adjacent to Foo, one of their restaurants. There is a Bank of China ATM on that floor as well. During our stay, we dined at both the breakfast buffet at Foo and the Guangdong restaurant Zhuo Yue Xuan on the 3rd Floor. The food was incredible at both restaurants. The breakfast buffet is truly something to behold - not only are there Western and Chinese breakfasts laid out beautifully, but also there are chefs standing to cook noodles and eggs, among other things. The presentation of the food and the restaurant itself are both beautiful.

More importantly, the service was exceptional from before check-in to check-out. Prior to my arrival, I had emailed the Four Seasons to arrange an English speaking guide for my visit. I was very specific about my request - I wanted someone with excellent English and local knowledge who could take me shopping, bargain for me, and then take me out to eat great local food. The hotel really delivered and set me up with a tour guide who exceeded all my requirements. We had a fabulous time together and I felt like I was having a day out with a favorite aunt or friend. At the hotel, our requests were carried out immediately and the staff really went above and beyond. When we requested 4 water bottles for our room, the Concierge suggested 8 bottles. Housekeeping brought 10 water bottles and replenished them the next day automatically. Likewise, the serving staff at the restaurants was attentive, helpful, and friendly. I dined by myself at Zhuo Yue Xuan one of the nights and the serving staff helped me pick out a veritable feast of delicious Guangdong specialties to eat and even suggested half portions so that I could try more food. English is spoken by most of the staff, especially the senior staff who all had excellent English. Special commendations should go to Ethan and the Concierge staff, who I communicated with frequently.

The hotel is located across the street from the Convention Center. There is a coffee shop in the same complex as the hotel in addition to some luxury car dealerships. There is also a local mall about 1 or 2 blocks away with a Carrefour attached. If there is one criticism I have for the hotel, it would be that it was difficult for cab drivers to find, even using the business cards the hotel provided with the little map on it. There is a sign on the side of the hotel that says Four Seasons, but many cab drivers cannot read English. I would strongly suggest that the hotel put a Chinese sign on the outside. The Four Seasons in Shanghai does this and it makes it so much easier for drivers to find. One more tip I have for TA readers is that I would recommend booking through a Four Seasons preferred provider, which entitles you to a room upgrade subject to availability, free breakfast daily, free or upgraded internet service, and a $100 USD dining credit. Overall, we had a wonderful stay and I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank gingertea8
Dear Valued Guest,
It is great to hear that you had a first class stay with us. Thank you for taking time to review our hotel in such a detailed explaination, as you adviced, we have put the Chinese name on the exterior of our building, most of the taxi drivers know where we are now. =) We hope you will come back and visit us soon!
taipei
Reviewed 3 January 2014

I am a super fan of the Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts....
unfortunately, this is NOT prepare already Four Seasons Hotel in Shenzhen.

Right Now, this hotel just "SOFT OPENING", not grand opening ~ there are NO spa, NO swimming pool, NO club lounge....even few floors and rooms still built.
This is DEFINITELY NOT Four Seasons standard.

So, NOT necessary to going to visit this "reshed opening hotel", there are so many outstanding hotel around neighborhood, such like The RitzCarlton or Shangri-La;
If you MUST stay....just GOOD LUCK!!

P.S.
The bar and FOO restaurant offer impeccable service also with delicious foods, during my recent stay.

Room Tip: Looking The Ritz-Carlton Hotel view is good, in my opinion.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for choosing to stay with Four Seasons Hotel Shenzhen, your feedback is really important to us. We are very sorry for the unpleasant experience during your stay during our soft opening time. Now we have everything ready like Executive Club Lounge, SPA, 24 -hr Wellness Centre, and we have improved with service quality as well. As the advises you mentioned, we had all these knot down and forwarded to relevant department heads as well as hotel management for further follow up and improvement. Once again, we sincerely apologize for your unpleasant experience and hope to welcome you back and re-build your confidence with Four Seasons Shenzhen in the near future.
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 23 November 2013

We spent 2 nights at this hotel only a week after it opened. This was a soft opening and sadly the pool and spa where not finished but we also subsequently secured a great rate.

The lower lobby is quite stunning with some beautiful artwork. We didn't even realise this wasn't the main Reception as we were able to both check in and out here.
The rooms are extremely large and fixtures fittings all top shelf as you would expect of a Four Seasons. Lots of the latest gadgets - the bathroom even has a TV in the mirror ! In saying that a few teething problems with us unable to order room service via the TV and in fact the bellboy told us they were all struggling to understand it too.
Service throughout was truly exceptional - nothing was too hard and they were prompt, attentive and yet discreet when necessary.

We dined one night in Foo restaurant and it was quite possibly one the most beautifully designed restaurants we have ever seen. The food was incredible with a very well priced dessert buffet and appetiser buffet on offer on top of the A-la-Carte menu and the service was amazing. In fact we had our own private waiter in our own private room/booth the entire time and the Chef came out to chat with us as well.

Shenzhen is a huge chaotic city but the oasis provided to us each night at the Four Seasons was such a welcome reprieve. The Chinese realty have come a long way with 5 star hospitality and I would suggest are at the top of their game right now with the standard set very, very high.

Room Tip: The higher the better - like any big city
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank 40ishcouple
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 30 October 2013

My wife and I stayed 6 nights at this brand new hotel in Shenzhen. The hotel was in a soft opening, with only 61 of their 268 rooms available.
The service was what you would expect from a Four Seasons hotel. They couldn't do enough for us.
From Robert, the concierge, to Brian in the kitchen, to Bruce at the front door, they all went over and beyond what was expected. They made our stay memorable and wanting to go back.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business