“Top of the range”

Ranked #3 of 2,829 Hotels in Shenzhen
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Excellent hotel, up to the 'top of the range' standards expected from the Four Seasons hotels. A very impressive interior design, helpful staff and a room with everything just perfect.
Restaurants in the hotel are very expensive (£50 a head) - but there are great alternatives very close by. We had a truly excellent meal for £10 a head at the Jinzhi Chuancai (not on Tripadvisor) which is in a mall just next to the hotel (out of the main entrance and turn left). Friends ate at the CoCo complex (about 5 minutes walk, out of the main entrance and turn right) and raved about the food.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Rain C, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Shenzhen, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2014

Dear Valued Guest,
It is great to hear that you had a first class stay with us. Thank you for taking time to review our hotel, we hope you will come back and visit us soon!

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Stayed here recently on business. Stayed in the Club room which was excellent. Highly recommend it.

The staff are this hotel's best assets. They were very helpful and offered to help whenever I needed it.

The drinks in the club lounge were excellent. Wide selection. Got myself nicely intoxicated every night.

The downside to the hotel was probably the lack of a good view even from the higher floors. Also, it is situated in a rather quiet part of the city which some may like, but I would prefer a location with more human traffic.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 6 June 2014

My wife is preparing her CFA level III examination, therefore we decide to choose a hotel close to the test center. As we only became parents 7 months ago, we have to take the little angel with us and breastfeed her in the morning.

Upon our arrival, once the staff realize we have a very small kid traveling with us, they immediately prepared a baby bed with all relevant equipments (steam sterilizer, baby shampoo, lotion, baby pillow..., etc. everything you could possibly imagine!). Within 5 minutes, I have everything in the room. All staffs are very kind and professional, you can definitely feel that they are thinking hard on how they could help you and make your stay as comfortable as possible.

As business traveller, I constantly travel between cities and stayed in different branded hotels. In China, I will say the hardware quality for top hotels are pretty consistent. However in Four Seasons Shenzhen, I am truly impressed with the quality of services I have received. This is the difference between a good hotel and THE best hotel; difference between an ordinary and extraordinary hotel

Location-wise, easy access to the CBD area of Shenzhen and Metro. And there is a big shopping mall (Central Plaza?) close-by, which offers a big variety of cuisines.

Special thanks to Mr. Fox Wang and his check-in colleague, Mr. Liu (Li?), they makes our stay truly memorable. My wife managed to rest well, hopefully she will pass the exam and we will definitely come back for a celebration.

Room Tip: Room on the higher floor
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Valued Guest,
It is great to hear that you had a first class stay with us. Thank you for taking time to review our hotel in such a detailed explaination, we believe that your wife has successfully passed the CFA exam. We hope you and your family will come back and visit us soon!

Reviewed 30 April 2014

I stayed here for just one night over a weekend, with a three other girlfriends. It took me only one hour's traveling time from my home to Four Seasons Shenzhen and I live on the opposite side of Hong Kong from the border. Depending on where you are traveling from, I would recommend going via Huang Gang Port Control as your port of entry to China as the hotel is only 10 minutes away by taxi.

Check-in was a breeze and we were shown to our room by a lovely and friendly young lady who mentioned to us she was a trainee. The room I stayed in was very spacious and I particularly liked the decor in its pastel green colour. I am very particular when it comes to hotel bathrooms in terms of size and their design layout as I tend to spend a lot of my time in there, and this one was perfect. The view was of the city (and I am pretty sure the views from all the rooms are more or less the same) but the surrounding buildings are either low-rise or far away.

We dined in the hotel's Chinese restaurant for lunch and had dim sums as well as some of their signature food dishes. As it was a Saturday afternoon, the restaurant was very busy but the service was still attentive and friendly. I would come back just for the food here.

They have a beautiful indoor pool and a well-equipped gym but we didn't have time for make use of these facilities. Next time.

There are a few very decent shopping malls within walking distance from the hotel, and we went to one called Coco Park where there are many al fresco cafes and restaurants.

For dinner, we headed to the hotel's second restaurant where they serve a buffet (we also had their buffet breakfast here the next morning). They serve a large variety of food including a great selection of seafood.

Overall, it was the most fantastic weekend I have ever had in a China hotel and I would recommend it to anyone visiting Shenzhen. I will definitely be back! Thanks for an amazing stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank MimiCheung

Dear Mimi,

Reviewed 23 April 2014

We arrived at the hotel and were personally greeted by the hotel manager.We stayed with small children and the staff immediately learnt the children's names and sent them a personalised chocolate treat and juice to the room. The rooms were by far the most luxurious I have ever stayed in and they were enormous. the bathrooms were beautiful. The restaurants, flowers and décor were very stylish. The lady at the concierge even offered to take me shopping after her shift. We loved our stay, and it was certainly a retreat from the crazy Shenzhen streets. We also went to the restaurant in the hotel and had a great meal with our children. The served us a complimentary tasting desert as we were the last table in the restaurant. The best service I have ever experienced at a hotel!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Staff are excellent, but building, room and food are not really Four Seasons.
Breakfast is poorer than 3 star hotels and I had a dinner in one of restaurants which was so average. Room was smaller than expected and windows had normal glass so full outside noise was big disturbance, location is so good and handy, houskeeping was great.

Room Tip: I had a room facing to exhibition center and shopping mall which was too noisy even on 18th floor.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Hossein S

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for choosing to stay with Four Seasons Hotel Shenzhen, your feedback is really important to us. We are very sorry for the unpleasant experience during your stay. As the advises you mentioned, we had all these knot down and forwarded to relevant department heads as well as hotel management for further follow up and improvement. Once again, we sincerely apologize for your unpleasant experience and hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 12 March 2014 via mobile

I checked in today for a total of three nights till 15 March, the reputation of four seasons definitely lived up to their name! The service is impeccable! I was greeted by friendly faces throughout all touch points of my engagement with the property, they certainly trained their staff well! I got upgraded to a premier room and I wasn't disappointed! The room was lavishly decorated and I love the led screen on the bathroom mirror!!!! That was my favorite spot of all time!

Though the price tag was kinda hefty, it is totally worth every penny of it! This hotel is conveniently located and walking distance to a big mall which also has a train station, so transport was a breeze!

I would love to come back and would definitely recommend all my friends as well!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business