“A very pleasant hotel”

Ranked #228 of 2,786 Hotels in Shenzhen
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
“A very pleasant hotel”
Reviewed 3 March 2014

This is a semi-luxury hotel. The room I had was excellent and a very comfortable bed. The hotel decor is very pleasant, and the breakfast was excellent. I would highly recommend this hotel. The only problem was that most of the staff do not speak English.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
novotel b, General Manager at St.Helen Shenzhen Bauhinia, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Dear Jim B,
We appreciate your comments very much regarding your stay at the Novotel Shenzhen Bauhinia. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.
At Novotel, we strive to provide an optimum service experience for every customer, therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate English training for staff to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.
Thank you again for sharing your experience and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 10 February 2014

The location of the hotel is good. It is close to many tourist attractions and taking taxi is very convenient.
However, front desk service was terrible. They assigned our room numbers wrongly and that made my old parents-in-law go to a wrong room. I had "Accor coupon" to spend in the hotel but the front desk rejected me. I told them again and again that I can use this coupon but they kept on saying no. Until I demanded them to ask their seniors. They then found out it was their mistakes and lack of experience in seeing this type of coupon.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

novotel b, General Manager at St.Helen Shenzhen Bauhinia, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
Dear Aaron CHOW,
Thank you for sharing your experience at Novotel Shenzhen Bauhinia. My sincere apologies for staff’s not enough knowledge with regards to the use of Accor Vouchers. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to emphasize on the related training and prevent future occurrence.
We appreciate you sharing your concerns and deeply hope that you will give us another opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Andover, Massachusetts
Reviewed 21 January 2014

The Novotel Bauhinia is a nicely appointed hotel in Shenzhen, and the room prices are very good for the quality level of the room. The bathroom is very nice, and the big shower is rather nice as well. The hotel is nice looking overall, and clean. The room is very conformable and the internet service is solid. However, the lobby is unpleasantly cold, with what feels like a steady breeze blowing through there. If I did not need to eat here, I would have liked it a lot more. I arrived around 8:30PM and had to leave early the next day, so did not have much choice. We tried to eat in the Chinese restaurant but it was saturated with a gross smoky smell (at least it was last night 1-21-2014), so much so that we could not stay there.

Both the food the service in the lobby restaurant were pretty bad. I think I had the worst hotel burger I have ever had and that is saying a lot as I have had many hotel burgers. This one was basically burned to a crisp and had large gristle chunks inside. It was super salty too. Eeash. The fries were decent, but then the ketchup came with unknown chunks of foreign material in there. My Chinese colleague was grossed out too. I asked for mayonnaise and it never came. At breakfast the next day, they were still setting up the buffet 15 minutes after opening and then had a big attitude about cooking me some eggs which were scrambled with a very large amount of cooking oil. Imagine your eggs floating on a lake of oil. Gross. While walking from the buffet to my table with my hands full of food and juice, the manager chased me down to get me to sign the bill while I was still trying to eat. Pretty rude, especially when the place was pretty much empty.........not cool.

Room Tip: Don't eat here.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Matt_M_D8663XT
novotel b, General Manager at St.Helen Shenzhen Bauhinia, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Dear Matt,
Thank you for taking time to share your experience at Novotel Shenzhen Bauhinia. I am sorry that we did not meet your high expectations, please accept my sincerest apologies.

Ganzhou
Reviewed 25 November 2013

You can smell the bad odor upon you step out from the lift to the room. The same odor full in the room. The extra pillow in the wardrobe with stain. It is just horrible and not justify with the room rate.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

novotel b, General Manager at St.Helen Shenzhen Bauhinia, responded to this review, 18 December 2013
Dear Angeline,
At Novotel, we strive to provide a optimum service experience for every customer, therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.
We appreciate you sharing your concerns and deeply hope that you will give us an other opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Budapest
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Though the hotel is a bit far from city center, the nearest subway station is just a few minutes walk or a taxi trip is a good and cheap option. Since the weather is relatively dry and pleasantly cool in november, this season is ideal for walks (see pics taken in november).

I had a standard room with a garden/swiming pool view, it was clean, quiet and comfortable. Staff had a poor english even at the reception but were very helpful. Lack of Wi-Fi in the room was a surprise (had to use LAN cable). In general, I was satisified with the stay in that hotel.

Room Tip: Garden view rooms are a good choice.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Dear Pribeli,
I will share your comments with our team. Your feedback will certainly be served like an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. With regards to Wi-Fi connection, all our guestrooms were normally covered by WI-Fi signal. We will still make an investigation to check if any bad connection in any area.