“food and hospitality”
Review of Empire Hotel

Empire Hotel
Ranked #824 of 2,820 Hotels in Shenzhen
Reviewed 5 July 2012

initially it was good but now I feel the decoration of room alone with lobby are not clean.second the person in check in disk board very less knowladge in English,Food are not good.The area is very coveniant to move in city and also subway is near by this hotel,

Room Tip: make clean the room and give advantage those reguler stay in you hotal
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank sonabanerjee
There are newer reviews for Empire Hotel

Reviewed 9 January 2010

• Stayed: January 2010
Reviewed 5 January 2010

Avoid!

In my twenty years travel, this was perhaps the biggest rip-off I have ever experienced!

This hotel was dirty, filthy and dilapidated.
In my opinion, this disgusting place deserves no star rating what so ever!
I was proven correct when I checked with a member of the staff before I departed.
Currently, this hotel has no star rating.

When I first step into the Empire lobby, my impression was the lack of customer service.
There were no smiles or welcoming ‘li ha ma?’ greetings from the Receptionists.
All were miserable dummies!

I was given a room on the 15th Floor.
The corridor carpet was wore down, dirty and smelly.
Naturally, the condition of carpet in the room was no better.

I had requested a no smoking floor.
When showing my room, the housekeeper rushed in, and took out three ashtrays.
I could hear the warning bells ringing in my head loudly!

The washing basin and bathtub’s internal hard enamel were peeling off.
There was no way I would be cleaning myself in them, in the normal way anyway!
Luckily, the shower was in good working order, and plenty of hot water.

When I pointed out the damages to basin and bath tube, the housekeeper sort of shrugged her shoulder and muttered, “Well, they are all like that I’m afraid!”

My partner and I were provided with a tiny double bed, and a tiny blanket.
No free bottle water as was expected from a 4-star accommodation.
No safe deposit box.
In fact no anything.
The restaurant food was disgusting and pricy.

Book as your own peril folks!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank David852
Reviewed 16 December 2009

• Stayed: December 2009
Reviewed 12 December 2009

Gosh my first time to stay in a filthy hotel..even at the hotel entrance you could smell the filthy smell...the carpet was so dirty that i have to asked for a vacuum and cleaned it myself. Not recommended for a family trip.. It was a great hotel few years ago...but really need refurbishments & thorough cleaning.. Not worth for the money! I wont think twice to go back and stay once they redone the whole place.

Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 December 2009

The hotel is listed as a four star hotel, but the quality was even worst than a two star hotel.
Price was not worth for it. Carpet had a very bad smell. The moldy smell was so bad that I could not sleep well. Bed was hard as a hardwood floor , furnitures were old, and bathroom was so dirty. The closet door could not be closed, so everytime I have to go to the washroom, I have to push the door away. The worst was fridge was not cold and the air condition was not cool at all. My friends came over and they asked my partner to turn on the A/C. Overall, it was not worth paying 328 RMB.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple