Sunris Prosperous Airport Hotel
US$119
US$187
US$174
  • Pool
All reviewstypical chinese hotelfree shuttleshenzhen airportchinese foodmetro station
Reviewed 22 December 2012

Hotel is in good location for a flight transit stop. Took us about 15 mins to get to the hotel from the airport by foot. Need to pay the check in deposit, but as we arrived late at night and didnt have the time to change the currency, we were exempted.
We were assigned to one of the newly renovated rooms. quite spacious. Small bathroom, the shower door is blocked by the toilet bowl.
Nothing much for the breakfast, just chinese noodles, yam/sweet potato, plain buns, 2 types of porridges and soya milk. If you want other food, you have to order and pay additional. Can skip breakfast if you are more picky about your food.
Due to we did not hand the check in deposit, check out was a breeze. Just handed them the keycard and off we went.

Room Tip: Skip the breakfast here as it is non-existent
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 November 2012

How do I start to write bout this hotel... well I am not favourable at all during my 4 night stay in February 2012. The best of this hotel is the LOCATION. Very nearby to subway and also the airport with allthe traffic jam in Shenzen which can duly allows us to miss the flight if we are not early.

The people are not friendly especially when they see people from other country. We had a communication barries and we need to have a translator to do the check in. Despite requested for a king bed, they give us a single bed. When we requested they said we are not allowed to have king size bed and this is their policy. I wonder what is their problem... but we are much tolerant and took it.

If you ask me.. the breakfast line is HORRIBLE. Just you dont know what is the food being served. No tag be placed and also I wonder the mainland chiness who are staying there is just going crazy hunting for the food. Several times I was pushed when I was waited for my bread toast. It is just crazy.

Most of the facilities are closed which unable us to use anything. Less assistance to get a cab to go to some locations that we wanted and most of them don't have any smiles in their face at all. The housekeeping can knock your door at least 3 times in one hours and wonder what is going on there. Despite with the tag infront of the door "Don't Disturb" they still knock the door. They just know one word " Housekeeping".

Overall nothing so great bout the hotel and fely little nuisance with the communication barriers.
If you decide to be near the airport to avoid the traffic jam. It is near the subway where you can have western food and also Starbucks ( which a relief). It never gives any good experiences or welcoming feeling when we stayed there.

Room Tip: Only near airport which is 30 minutes by taxi.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Eenilan
Reviewed 5 October 2012

The only good thing about this hotel is the location being right next door to the airport, subway.
As for the shuttle service as far as I was concerned it is non existent I rang for the shuttle at 8.30pm on the 27/09/2012 they told me 5 minutes and told me where to wait, I waited for 30 minutes then rang the hotel again the operator laughed at me and said the shuttle was very lazy again said it would be 5 minutes after another 30 minutes I rang the hotel again and again she laughed at me and told me another 5 mintues at 10.00 when still no shuttle I walked the short distance to the hotel I didn't feel safe but obviously the hotel doesn't care for lone single females. When I evenutally arrived at the hotel at gone 10.00pm the reception was full of staff and was extremely noisy, I eventually got served and then they tried to over charge me after an arguement they finally agreed to charge the rate I was quoted on the internet. fortunately I had the internet price. I then asked for a Taxi the following morning to take me to Luhou Port for 5.30 which they told was booked and how much it would be, the following morning I found out that was never arranged and I had to rearrange it Over all I found the staff quite rude and totally unhelpful I have stayed in other hotels in China but this is the worst for service.
On a good note the hotel room was spacious and comfortable and the housekeeping side was excellent, the housekeepers I found were most polite and helpful.
I would not recommend this hotel to any one if they want good service.
Also if you go in the coffee room don't have any juices I had an apple juice which cost me 38 yuan and did not taste of apples it was all powdery and disgusting and I was told all juices are the same 38.yuan and totally disgusting considering the meal was 48 yuan, the juices are way over charged.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank Teend213
Reviewed 1 October 2012

The Shenzhen Airport Hotel is a typical Chinese hotel which would rank between 2-3 stars back for those used to U.S. rankings.

The hotel is clearly a "local hotel" with the majority of their clientele being Mainland Chinese. Consequently, the staff's knowledge of English is limited, if any, and the etiquette and service is on par with those of Mainland China, i.e. don't expect other guests to understand what waiting in line means or smoking in designated areas and, don't expect the staff to ensure that people wait in lines and smoke in designated areas.

You will be required to place a deposit, they prefer cash, for your room when you check in which they will return to you when you check out, and after they ensure that you have not destroyed the room. The rooms themselves are decent. They were clean and spacious. The bathroom appeared to be modern...until you went into the shower. The floors were stone, without any tiling, as if you were using showers on a campsite. The beds were hard - but that is typical for Chinese hotel. Each room had an HDTV with 1 or 2 English channels (CNN and CCTV - English). The breakfast was very limited - they offered Chinese style porridge with pickled radishes, roasted sweet potato and taro, chinese "mantou" (aka Chinese breads), fried noodles and sauteed cabbage. It also came with soy milk and red tea. Nothing western was offered with that breakfast.

All in all, for USD 30, no complaints as the hotel was located directly across from the Shenzhen Airport (they have free shuttle service as the walk is not recommended for single females - it is in a shady neighborhood) and clean with decent service. This hotel is great for ppl who are transferring out of Shenzhen. For those who wish to explore Shenzhen, stay in a hotel in city center as the airport is about an hour by metro away from downtown Shenzhen.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 August 2012

The location of the hotel is near to Shenzhen airport. It comes with the basic facilities like a hotel. Each floor of the hotel and the room we stay look grander than the hotel lobby. The room size is bigger than I expected. The room does come with television and safe deposit box. The hotel has an elevator. The staffs are friendly. Think the hotel come with free wifi. Need to give a deposit.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends