I've stayed at this hotel twice now and were quite satisfied with the stay.
The best thing about the hotel is the location - centrally located in the city's CBD, yet close to bars, restaurants and shops in the two nearby malls (Shopping Plaza first and the Coco Park), which are within walking distance - about 3-5 minutes once you get out of the main lobby and turn right. There's a Jusco supermarket in Coco Park, so it's quite convenient. It's also very close to the metro station. The proximity to the "bar street" does mean there can be noise at night - some of my colleagues complained about it but I didn't hear anything.
The room itself is very modernly furnished, clean and comfy. The only thing is that it's on the smaller side size-wise.
The hotel staff are very friendly and genuienly helpful. You can tell they're well-trained. The breakfast is very nice - variety and quality.
As my company has a corparate contract price with the hotel so I can't comment on the value-for-money side.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Marco Polo Shenzhen is located in the heart of Futian Central Business District, with close proximity to the Shenzhen International Convention & Exhibition Center and Metro Subway Station. It is only 15 minutes to the Lowu Railway Station and Shenzhen Bay Port, 20 minutes to Shenzhen North Railway Station, 35 minutes to Shekou Ferry Terminal and Shenzhen Bao'an Airport, and 10 minutes to Futian/Huanggang Checkpoint. The 391 well-appointed rooms and suites are equipped with broadband Internet access, luxurious bathrooms, state-of-the-art communications and entertainment facilities. Situated on the 35th to 41st floors of the hotel, The Continental Club provides the most luxurious accommodations for travelers. The 31 function rooms including Marco Polo Ballroom and one auditorium, can accommodate up to 3000 people and provide the ideal Shenzhen venue for meetings, seminars, and social events. The hotel has 5 restaurants and bars, including the Cafe Marco, serving a fusion of "Euro-Asian-Chinese" cuisine, Margarita Bar, Connect (Lobby Lounge), Carrianna Chiu Chow Restaurant, Nishimura Japanese Restaurant and Wine & Cigar Bar Le Cru. The hotel's fully equipped Fitness Center includes a gym, sauna, and outdoor swimming pool, and hotel guests can indulge in relaxing spa treatments at the internationally renowned Pure Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Marco Polo Shenzhen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marco Polo Shenzhen Hotel Shenzhen
- Marco Polo Hotel Shenzhen
- Shenzhen Marco Polo Hotel