“The peaceful place to stay in an happening area.”

Kempinski Hotel Shenzhen
Ranked #27 of 2,767 Hotels in Shenzhen
“The peaceful place to stay in an happening area.”
Reviewed 3 June 2011

Excellent property, big clean and well maintained rooms. Complementary wireline Internet though could be better on wi-fi. Happening surroundings with food joints, restro bars, karaoke bars.... Good value for money.

• Stayed April 2011
KHSZ, Director of Marketing at Kempinski Hotel Shenzhen, responded to this review, 8 June 2011
Dear Cazanova007,

Thank you for your nice comments. We are providing the high-speed broadband internet access in all hotel guest rooms, and wireless internet connection in the hotel Lobby.
Besides, hotel is located in Nanshan District, which surrounded with a world class entertainment and leisure complex, such as, the branded shopping center–Rainbow Shopping Mall, Supermarket Jusco, a series amusements access in the Coastal City Shopping Center and Poly Culture Theater. We are looking forward to seeing you soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Oakland, CA
Reviewed 23 May 2011

This hotel was nice 5 years ago. Now it's getting old and tired. My bathroom has mold. Overall service is okay. Breakfast is okay. Typical Chinese hotel, nothing super special. I stay here for the location. This place is close to the work that I need to do.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
KHSZ, Director of Marketing at Kempinski Hotel Shenzhen, responded to this review, 3 June 2011
Dear suecasso,

First of all, thank you for choosing Kempinski Hotel Shenzhen during your recent visit in Shenzhen.
This year is the Fifth year of hotel opening, we are certainly not like brand-new hotels. However, we will strive to maintain hotel facilities and improve service standards. Besides, hotel is ideal located in Nanshan District, and has convenient accessibility to the Shenzhen Bay Bridge providing immediate access to Hong Kong.
We are looking forward to seeing you soon in Kempinski Hotel Shenzhen!
Reviewed 21 May 2011

Returning back was a good experience - staff made me feel like I was returning home.
What a refreshing change to see a hotel take on recommendations to improve their service - (with the exception of the massage which I did not try this time) all my other point were implimented.

Well done to the team at Kempinski Shenzhen! This is the way to be best in class and I am suitably impressed.

• Stayed May 2011
KHSZ, Director of Marketing at Kempinski Hotel Shenzhen, responded to this review, 30 May 2011
Dear XKR100,

Thank you so much for your highly commend. We are pleased to hearing your positive feedback regarding our service. Once again, we are hoping you to come back to “home” soon!
Reviewed 17 April 2011

I have been staying in this part of China fir more than 18 years, this was my first time to stay in Kempinski, normally I would stay nearer to Shekou - such as Fraser Place.
From my first contact via email regarding advice on how to arrive I found them to be very proffessional, advice was accurate - so good start.

Advice - get bus from HK airport rather than ferry. Good call 1 hour later and drive through service at immigration made it very easy an low cost. I would do it again.

Room rate - previous advice to join Diamond club was good, and I upgraded to exec floor which was definitely worth the additional 300rmb per night.

On arrival I had a massage and was very disappointed - therapist was not experienced, their Chinese massage for 297rmb becomes + 15% service, therapist wanted 100 tip, and I changed to aroma which added a further 100. I complained to the hotel later and I am pleaded to say their responded in a very professional manner. Turns out it is not run by the hotel, this would be my main complaint during my 9 nights.

The rooms are great, comfy bed, quite rooms with blackout curtains. Service level was excellent.

What enhanced my stay was the level of care and attention by the team in the exec floor who really did go the extra mile. My only suggestion would be to cater for vegetarians better. In room menu is limited, and options during cocktails was not great either. A cheese board with bread and crudités would make all the difference, easy too as this is offered at breakfast.

Would I stay again - yes. Great hotel, great location near to tube station, 25rmb taxi fare to seaworld means you get the best of both!

The trip Back to HK was not so good as had to be done on foot through immigration (I was going to Kowloon) 2 hours of queuing to get through neans the ferry is the better option.

Well done all the team at Kempinski, you did a great job of making my stay with you really enjoyable!

• Stayed April 2011
KHSZ, Director of Marketing at Kempinski Hotel Shenzhen, responded to this review, 3 May 2011
Dear XKR100,

Thank you to choosing Kempinski Hotel Shenzhen during your recent visiting to Shenzhen. As you said, our hotel is set in the heart of the city's new Commercial Business Center Area, and overlooking the Shenzhen Bay Bridge that providing immediate access to Hong Kong. Besides, Hou Hai Metro Station just next to the hotel.

Regarding the unpleasing issue that you been though in Massage Department, they does not belong to hotel management, however we will make an effort to communicate with them to improve the service level.

We are very happy to inform you that our new In-Room Dinning Menu has launched since this week. We are sincerely hope that you can come back again and experience the rich and varied cuisine.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 16 April 2011

When I checked into the hotel, the front desk asked if I would like to upgrade to the executive package. I upgraded to find out that the service level was not that great. They claimed to offer 3 pieces of laundry per day but upon checking out they tried to charge me for the laundry. The executive lounge area had one person working in it! At the happy hour, one of the hotel employees appeared to invite several of his friends up to the lounge. Those friends wiped out the food and all of the beer leaving nothing for the other guests. The hotel did not even bother to replace the beer, so much for happy hour. The best experience was at breakfast when I ordered some eggs. The cook started cooking my eggs so I went to go make some toast. Upon returning to the cooking station I found my eggs started but set to the side. It appears that the cook set my order to the side and cooked other guests orders who stood there a waited. I had to stand there and make sure my order was prepared. Truely a forgettable experience, try another hotel if you can.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
KHSZ, Director of Marketing at Kempinski Hotel Shenzhen, responded to this review, 22 April 2011
Dear rrickerd,

Thank you for staying with us. We are naturally concerned the imperfect service regarding executive lounge and dining experience, which I would like to take this opportunity to convey our most sincere apologies.

It is certainly beneficial to receive your constructive comments, we will refer it to relevant departments head and I can assure you we shall continuously endeavour to improve our services commensurate with a five stars hotel.

Looking forward to seeing you again!
Singapore
Reviewed 20 February 2011

The service level cannot be faulted< However, my personal opinion is that Caucasians will be given priority.

The positives:
- acceptable service even if you are asians
- nice room
- comfortable bed and I think it is 7 ft.

The negatives:
- very smelly corridor (stained with tobacco smell) just outside the room. I was given a non smoking room but somehow, I had noticed other guests smoking near the lift.
- sound proofing very poor. I could hear people talking every am outside my room, which is located near the lift. My advise is that please avoid rooms located near the lift if you are a light sleeper like me.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
KHSZ, Director of Marketing at Kempinski Hotel Shenzhen, responded to this review, 22 February 2011
Dear Chung1234,

Thank you for your valuable comments regarding our services.

We were noticed that there are some guests smoking in the public area even in the none smoking floor or hotel lift, we will try to edify our smoking guests and endeavor to avoid this case happened in the future.

Please inform our front desk staff about your personal preference while you next staying, such as light sleep or any other special requirement, we will definitely arrange a proper room for you. Actually, for any regular guest's special favorite, we will upload the detail information into hotel system and it will help us to arrange guest accommodation appropriately.

Once again, thank you for choosing Kempinski Hotel Shenzhen, and we are looking forward to seeing you soon!
ATX
Reviewed 7 February 2011

I'm headed back to the Kempinski again in a couple of weeks, and I have never shared how comfortable the hotel is with the community. The time has come!

This is a five-star hotel in every way. It will certainly spoil you when you compare it to other fine hotels in Asia. The rooms are huge, beautiful and immaculate. The bath includes a stand-up marble shower, with HOT water and great pressure. Plus a tub and full vanity. The bed is huge and the views are outstanding. Plus great internet, room darkening shades .. get the picture jet-lgged traveler?

On top of this, add an amazing breakfast buffet with everything from conge to eggs to smoked salmon to fresh bread to cheese to steamed bus to fruit. It is truly a wonder and certainly the result of the best partnership between chinese and european management in the kitchen I have seen. The waitstaff is attentive yet modest. Perfect for the morning. Add in a world-class spa with chinese rates for massage and treatments .. and you have something to look forward to after flying in overnight.

And best of all, this hotel is literally 5 minutes from the border. Cross the bridge, clear customs in China and welcome home! This trip will be my 6th trip and not my last by any stretch of the imagination.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
KHSZ, Director of Marketing at Kempinski Hotel Shenzhen, responded to this review, 10 February 2011
Dear KIChef,

Thank you so much to choosing Kempinski Hotel Shenzhen during your recent trip in Shenzhen.

Kempinski is an European brand with over 100 year's history. As you noticed, our style is to combine European luxury together with traditional Chinese culture, from hotel design to in-house facilities to food cuisine. We are so pleased to hearing that you were enjoyed our service in room, restaurant and other healthy treatments.

And hotel is ideal located in the Nanshan District, adjacent to Shenzhen Bay Bridge that providing immediate access to Hong Kong. Once again, many thanks for your nice comments and we look forward to seeing you again in your 7th Shenzhen trip.