“Good for business trip”

Ranked #27 of 2,781 Hotels in Shenzhen
Melbourne, Australia
“Good for business trip”
Reviewed 6 October 2013

I stayed at the Kempinski during a business trip. It is centrally located. The rooms are spacious, comfortable and clean. The breakfast was good for a European as there were many non-Chinese selections.The fitness center was small but adequate. I have stayed at the Kempinski in Shenzhen which is a much nicer hotel but this is good for a quick business trip. Free WiFi.Reasonable value.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
LynnXiao, Public Relations Manager at Kempinski Hotel Shenzhen, responded to this review, 7 October 2013
Dear Mr. Peter S,

Thank you for choosing Kempinski Hotel Shenzhen as your preferable accommodation in this vibrant city. We are sincerely pleased that you had an enjoyable stay with us.

Thank you so much for sharing your kind praise regarding our good location, specious room, various breakfast, adequate fitness center and Free WiFi. Your kind comments shall encourage us to work harder and to provide better service to our guests.

Dear Mr. Peter, if we can be of any further assistance please contact me via: lynn.xiao@kempinski.com.

Once again, many thanks for your valued patronage and we look forward to welcoming you once again to the Kempinski Hotel Shenzhen.

Lynn Xiao

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Del Mar, California
Reviewed 3 October 2013

I've stayed at the Marriott and the Intercontinental in Shenzhen. Both hotels are much nicer. Room feels dated, restaurant is mediocre, fitness center is too small and hot. But the worst part was the internet speed - too SLOWWWW and the VPN kept dropping. Made it pretty much impossible to be productive for work.Staff was reasonably friendly.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for staying with Kempinski Hotel Shenzhen during your recent visit to China.

Your kind comments are truly appreciated yet we are naturally concerned the shortcomings you encountered during your stay, for which we would like to take this opportunity to convey our sincere apologies. It is certainly beneficial to receive such constructive comments and we shall endeavour to improve our services and products commensurate with a Kempinski Hotel.

Dear valued guest, once again our sincere apologies for the inconvenience and if we could be of any assistance, in any way, please do not hesitate to contact me via: lynn.xiao@kempinski.com.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 30 September 2013

I stayed at the Kempinski September 19-24, 2013. The hotel is beautiful. The staff is very accommodating and professional. The room was large and clean and the bed was one of the most comfortable I have ever slept in. The food was outstanding. The location is perfect as it is right next to a very large and modern mall as well as the subway. I highly recommend this hotel if you are traveling to Shenzen!

Room Tip: Choose a room on the upper floors. Either side of the hotel was fine.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
LynnXiao, Public Relations Manager at Kempinski Hotel Shenzhen, responded to this review, 2 October 2013
Dear rsconsult,

Thank you so much for staying with Kempinski Hotel Shenzhen during your recent visit to China. It is our great pleasure to receive your very positive comments.

Many thanks for your kind recommendation, which shall encourage us to work harder to maintain and improve our service and products.

Dear rsconsult, we look forward to welcoming you once again in the near future. If I could be of any further assistance, please do contact me via: lynn.xiao@kempinski.com.

Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed 16 September 2013

I stayed here in August for four nights on business. This is not the first time in this hotel so a good sign that I keep coming back.I like the location, right next to a large shopping mall that has all you need . The hotel feels comfortable and the staff are excellent. This time I stayed in a suite which was just great, generous size bedroom with a nice comfortable bed, bathroom and generous separate lounge.I tried the restaurant on the first floor for lunch which unfortunately was the not the best experience. Ordered a burger which seemed to take for ever to arrive and then when it did the beef was not a good quality. The bar downstairs is comfortable and a nice place to have a quiet drink with some nice live background music.I find the lounge on the club floor lacks some ambiance but does what it is meant to. Plan to be back in Shenzhen in December and will be back at this hotel.

1 Thank alastair4
LynnXiao, Public Relations Manager at Kempinski Hotel Shenzhen, responded to this review, 18 September 2013
Dear Alastair 4,

It is our great pleasure to welcome you coming back to Kempinski Hotel Shenzhen. Thank you for selecting us as your preferable accommodation in Shenzhen.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your positive comments regarding our location, guest room and the Lobby Lounge. It is a pity that our restaurant could not provide you with the best experience this time, for which we shall endeavor to further improve to be commensurate with a Kempinski Hotel.

Dear Alastair 4, thank you very much for your valued patronage. We are looking much forward to welcoming you once again in the near future.

Southeast Florida
Reviewed 6 September 2013

I checked in seamlessly at this hotel, and do vouch that the upkeep of the common areas is beautiful. I did not smell smoke in the lobby, altho the floor areas are rampant with smokers, potentially in the room next door.

My issue stems with the way they handled a major room problem. While they were always polite, it highlighted A. Their rooms have flaws that need addressing, and B. They didn't understand the concept of making a customer happy after severely inconveniencing them was necessary.

Segue now to my room arrival. It was a large room, well lit and very nice bed / bathroom. The bathroom smelled strange, and I wasn't sure if it was the neighbor smoking or something else. The room was odour free. After the first night and day, I noticed a strange spot on the carpet in the hallway outside the shower, like a previous spreading stain..a large one. Also, that night I saw water issuing UP from tiles by the toilet after the shower, not from the shower itself but from UNDER the tiles in the seams, I noticed how it pooled by the door to the hallway, and also saw how they had tried to caulk the problem away in the past, where now the caulk was moldy and decaying.

I ignored the problem for one more night and threw a towel on the puddle to contain it, knowing that I had 2 or 3 more nights to get thru of intense work. The next night, after stepping out of the bathroom onto a soaking wet hallway carpet, I gave up and called the front desk manager , Bella, to observe the stain.

She acknowledged the seriousness of the issue, and literally her first question to me was "Was it like this when you arrived in the room?" After getting past that, I said I would take the time to move my room to another, preferably on the same floor. At one point she mentioned she would look at an upgrade for me,which sounded nice. I stressed my time was minimal to play these room games, and did not want to trade one problem for another.

SO the next night when I arrived very late back from work, I found Bella and looked at what rooms she had arranged. One was next door to the faulty one and another 4 floors up. Both were the same room as the one I had. When I asked, "Why couldn't you find an upgraded room for me as you had mentioned?" her response was " You had already been upgraded to this room at check in and were not allowed to be upgraded again".

So I chose the room next to mine and began moving my things bit by bit as the night became later. Enter then the house keeper, who didn't speak a word of English. who came sniffing around to look at the room I had just moved out of. Her contribution to the evening was to remove extra hangars from my new closet and balance them back to the old room, in other words I am not sure why she was there other than to annoy me.

The next day, I woke up in the new room and realized that it looked really Beijing like hazy outside. This was due to the window being painted over in the past. The old room had a fine window but a flooding shower. The new room had a painted over window. I had traded one problem for another. As it was only 2 days to go, I let it pass.

Summary on this hotel, there was no follow up on my satisfaction of the problem incident, they offered an upgraded room, then decided not to as I already had one (the flooding one was "upgraded"), and in the end did not offer any kind of "we are sorry" token for their problem.

It left me with a sorry vision of a property that looked great on the outside but totally did not know how to deal with customers on the inside, especially those they wish to keep satisfied (isn't that everyone?)

Recommend only if you cannot get a property that treats you right (if you know of such a one in Shenzhen)

Room Tip: Avoid rooms that stink of smoke
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
LynnXiao, Public Relations Manager at Kempinski Hotel Shenzhen, responded to this review, 10 September 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for staying with us during your recent visit to Shenzhen. We would like to thank you for taking your precious time to provide us such a detail review.

Your kind comments therein are truly appreciated and we would like to take this opportunity to convey our most sincere apologies for the unpleasant experience you encountered this time. It is certainly beneficial to receive such constructive comments and we shall continuously endeavour to improve our services as well as the communication skill.

Dear valued guest, we do wish to welcome you to the Kempinski Shenzhen once again in the future so we may have the opportunity to provide you with the standard of service that hopefully, then, exceeds your expectations.

With best regards,

riyadh
Reviewed 13 August 2013

I stayed one night at Kempinski, and the experience was just perfect. Ver nice and professional staff. The room was good quality. I experience the Spa and the massage was one of the best I got, I really recommend it. A good hotel if you plan to stay at Shenzhen

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
LynnXiao, Public Relations Manager at Kempinski Hotel Shenzhen, responded to this review, 14 August 2013
Dear francois111,

Thank you very much for staying with us during your recent visit to Shenzhen. We are so happy to know that you are enjoy your stay with us. We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for recommending our hotel to other customers.

Dear francois111, many thanks for your patronage and kind encouragement. We are looking so much forward to welcoming you to stay with us once again in the near feature. If I could be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me via: lynn.xiao@kempinski.com

With best regards,

Singapore
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Back to this hotel after one year and nothing changed much after my last stay at this hotel. The pain point would still be the checking in. I'd arrived at 2+pm and was told that there were no available non-smoking rooms and was suggested to go out for lunch and be back within an hour. After one hour is up, I was told that the rooms are still not ready and the lady at the counter invited me to take a seat the sofas in front of the reception and will inform me once the room is ready. After waiting for another 30 mins or so, I went back and checked with the very same lady on the room and surprisingly was told that the room was ready. I was taken aback by the nonchalant response in how she told me the room was ready. Didn't she just told me 30 mins ago that she'll inform me when its ready? She doesn't appear to be apologetic on the long wait since I'd first arrived at the hotel. You don't encounter such mediocre service, especially the front desk, at a 5* hotel. Besides this blip, the rest of my stay at this hotel was uneventful, rooms were good, everything in working order, friendier lift attendants (improvement from last year). Altogether, if not for the unexpectedly poorer than expected standard of hospitality from the front desk staff, I would rate this hotel full marks.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Dear Jianz,

It was indeed our great pleasure to have you stay with us again and we thank you for choosing the Kempinski Hotel Shenzhen as your preferred choice of accommodation in this vibrant city.

We are delightful to know that overall you had an enjoyable stay with us. Thank you for your kind comments regarding the slow check-in procedure and the Front Desk staff attitude issue for which I would like to take this opportunity to convey our most sincere apologies. It is certainly beneficial to receive such constructive comments and we shall continuously endeavor to improve our services commensurate with a Kempinski Hotel.

Dear Jianz, we are looking forward to welcoming you to stay with us, so we may have the opportunity to provide you with the standard of service that hopefully, then, exceeds your expectations. If I can be of any assistance, in any way, please do not hesitate to contact me via: lynn.xiao@kempinski.com at any time of your convenience.