“Nice hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #22 of 2,738 Hotels in Shenzhen
Singapore, Singapore
“Nice hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 1 week on business. Hotel is located near the coastal city shopping mall. Many F&B outlets in walking distance. Breakfast spread is also nice. Rooms are relatively new and comfortable. Staff is also helpful and friendly.

Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
LynnXiao, Public Relations Manager at Kempinski Hotel Shenzhen, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Dear valued guest,

It was indeed our pleasure to have you stay with us during your recent visit to Shenzhen and we thank you for choosing the Kempinski Hotel Shenzhen as your preferred choice of accommodation in this vibrant city.

W are sincerely pleased that you were content with our services and wish to express that we shall endeavor to continuously improve towards exceeding your expectations in the future.

Many thanks for your valued patronage and we look forward to welcoming you once again to the Kempinski Hotel Shenzhen.

Lynn Xiao

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Kent, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

I stayed at the Kempinski hotel for three nights while on business travel to Shenzhen. For the price, the quality is hard to beat.

I booked my stay through Expedia, and my reservation was awaiting me when I arrived. I opted for the rate including the breakfast, which was well worth the additional cost. The buffet has a broad selection of breakfast options ranging from western to more traditional Chinese options. It made for a nice start to each morning.

The dinner buffet is excellent, but at $70, quite pricey and does not include drinks. With fresh seafood, steak cooked to order, many other fresh dishes, and a wonderful selection of deserts and pastries, it provides a nice break if you become tired of the local fare.

The hotel is next to the subway entrance, so getting around is simple and inexpensive. For trips not within the subway's reach, the staff were happy to arrange transportation for me.

The room itself is very nice. When I travel on business and am jet lagged, the comfort of the bed and the effectiveness of the blinds are of paramount importance. My room at the Kempinski excelled at both, with a firm but comfortable bed, and automated blackout blinds. I will definitely return next time in Shenshen.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
LynnXiao, Public Relations Manager at Kempinski Hotel Shenzhen, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

I wish to take this opportunity to thank you for sharing with us your very positive comments. We are sincerely pleased that you were content with our services and wish to express that we shall endeavor to continuously improve towards exceeding your expectations in the future.

We look forward to welcoming you once again to the Kempinski Hotel Shenzhen.

California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

Grand and beautiful lobby, and check-in was easy. The rooms are comfortable, nicely designed. Biggest challenge to me is that Wi-fi is come and go, and even with the ethernet cable, internet access was spotty. Nice lunch buffet on 2nd floor. Expensive mini-bar, and not enough plugs in the room, but a reasonable fitness center. Great shuttle service available from hotel to HKG, for only 200 RMB, great deal. All in all, one of the better experiences I've had in Shenzhen.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
LynnXiao, Public Relations Manager at Kempinski Hotel Shenzhen, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing with us your nice review of our hotel. We are happy to know that you had an enjoyable stay with us recently yet we are naturally concerned the area where we need to further improve. It is certainly beneficial to receive such constructive comments and we can assure you we shall continuously endeavour to improve our services commensurate with a Kempinski Hotel.

Dear Valued Guest, we are delightful to notify you that we have just completed our internet upgrade. So hopefully when you stay with us next time you will enjoy a stable and speedy Wi-Fi and LAN internet service.

We are looking forward to welcoming you to the Kempinski Hotel Shenzhen again in the near future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

Reviewed 10/14/2013

An excellent hotel with a very attentive front-office staff, concierge team, and club floor staff, all exceeding my expectations.

I am a regular customer at the Kempinski hotel with loyalty program status. The benefits of GHA Black level are amazing. Personalized check-in where their staff recognize my personal preferences exceeds expectation. I'm able to leave my personal computer and Wi-Fi equipment at the hotel between visits and they will have it set-up and connected waiting for me when I return on business.

My most recent visit was for 15 days during a business trip in Sept/2013. The rooms are very comfortable and clean with a beautiful view of the city from the higher floors. All staff at GHA Black level, from check-in, to housekeeping, room service, and food service were polite and prompt and are able to anticipate your needs. I can’t say enough about the level of service they continue to provide to me when I visit.

The Kempinski is centrally located with a shopping center (5 floors) next door and numerous restaurants within walking distance. The hotel and surrounding area feel safe. I would definitely recommend this property as an excellent choice for business travel.

Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
LynnXiao, Public Relations Manager at Kempinski Hotel Shenzhen, responded to this review, 6 February 2014
Dear TomKingJr,

It was indeed our great pleasure to have you stay with us during your recent visit to Shenzhen and we thank you for choosing the Kempinski Hotel Shenzhen as your preferred choice of accommodation in this vibrant city.

We wish to take this opportunity to thank you for sharing with us your very positive reviews which shall motive us to improve towards exceeding your expectations in the future.

If I can be of any further assistance in any way please do not hesitate to contact me via lynn.xiao@kempinski.com at any time of your convenience.

Once again, many thanks for your valued patronage and we look forward to welcoming you once again to the Kempinski Hotel Shenzhen.

With many thanks and best regards,

Indialantic
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2014

The hotel has a beautiful lobby and helpful staff. Room was good but not to a 5 star rating. My Engineer staying there went to the dinner buffet and was shocked to find out a $70 dinner bill and a $10 coke charge from the hotel bar added to the room cost. Breakfast buffet was included and had a wide variety of food. Service was fair and had to request refills on the coffee to get any. Hotel is located next to a large open air mall and the subway which is very helpful

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
LynnXiao, Public Relations Manager at Kempinski Hotel Shenzhen, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Dear Inspec180,

It was indeed our pleasure to have you stay with us during your recent visit to Shenzhen.

I wish to take this opportunity to thank you for your time to share with us your valued comments and suggestions which are truly appreciated.

Naturally, we are sincerely pleased that you were content with our services and wish to express that we shall endeavor to continuously improve towards exceeding your expectations. Just as you mentioned, there are always space to improve from good to better!

Dear Inspec180, once again, many thanks for your valued patronage and we look forward to welcoming you to the Kempinski Hotel Shenzhen in the near future.

Hong Kong, China
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2014

I arrived the hotel very late at night. The first thing i noticed was people were smoking at the lobby which totally ruined the beatifully-decorated lobby. They didn't have enough staff at the front desk; i waited for close to 15 mins before someone was available to help me and he wasn't exactly welcoming either. I had a suite. The room was huge with two washrooms, a walk-in closet. However, the room wasn't well-maintained. The furniture and toiletery felt cheap to me. The breakfast didn't have enough international choices. This hotel isn't as international as the chain advertises.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank moumou199
Dear moumou199,

Thank you very much for staying with us during your recent visit to Shenzhen.

Thank you for taking your precious time to share with us your kind feedback. It is certainly beneficial to receive your constructive comments and we shall continuously endeavour to improve our services commensurate with a Kempinski Hotel.

Dear moumou199, once again our sincere apologies for the inconvenience during your recent stay and if we can be of any assistance, in any way, please do not hesitate to contact me via lynn.xiao@kempinski.com at any time of your convenience.

With many thanks and best regards,

Oak Park, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013

Located next to a large mall and a metro station, this hotel is central to much of Shenzhen and the border crossing at Shenzhen bay. Staff is great, a mix of Europeans and locals. The housekeeping staff earned a special place in my heart as they were friendly and attentive.

The exec. lounge is under used, but quite nice, and the breakfast was all you could ask for.

No complaints from me!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
LynnXiao, Public Relations Manager at Kempinski Hotel Shenzhen, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Dear WorldTraveller550,

Thank you very much for staying with Kempinski Hotel Shenzhen. It is our great pleasure to know that you had an enjoyable stay with us. Your positive comments regarding our good location, friendly staff and breakfast, shall be a great motivation to encourage us for further improvement.

Dear World Traveller550, if I could be any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me via: lynn.xiao@kempinski.com

Many thanks for your kind review. We look forward to welcoming you once again to the Kempinski Hotel Shenzhen.