“Luxury”

Kempinski Hotel Shenzhen
Ranked #32 of 2,862 Hotels in Shenzhen
Reviewed 8 June 2014

The hotel is a little far from the city center but there is an underground station nearby.
The hotel is a well kept, the rooms are very comfortable and spacious.
Myself and my colleague were placed here when visiting some suppliers and even though it is outside the main area there are some interesting restaurants and shops near to it.
The service, food and atmosphere are all very good.
If I were returning to the area I would return to this hotel

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
LynnXiao, Public Relations Manager at Kempinski Hotel Shenzhen, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Dear Mr. Flank,

It was indeed our great pleasure to have you stay with us during your recent visit to Shenzhen and we thank you for choosing the Kempinski Hotel Shenzhen as your preferred choice of accommodation.

We are very pleased to know that you were satisfied with our services and we shall continue to maintain and improve towards exceeding your expectations in the future.

If I can be of any further assistance in any way please do not hesitate to contact me via: lynn.xiao@kempinski.com

Once again, many thanks for your valued patronage and we look forward to welcoming you once again to the Kempinski Hotel Shenzhen.

With my best regards,

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Over the past years this I spent a few weeks time-to-time in this hotel. The staff was always very helpful and attentive, food is ok (although I rarely eat in the hotel restaurant), rooms are well equipped, clean and nice; facilities like the gym are not large but well equipped and clean; close to both city center / offices / and easy to reach the HK border. Overall this is a good choice for a business stay in Shenzhen.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
LynnXiao, Public Relations Manager at Kempinski Hotel Shenzhen, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

It was indeed our pleasure to have you stay with us during your recent visit to Shenzhen and we thank you for choosing the Kempinski Hotel Shenzhen as your preferred choice of accommodation in this vibrant city.

If I can be of any further assistance in any way please do not hesitate to contact me via lynn.xiao@kempinski.com

With my best regards,

Reviewed 11 May 2014

I have been visiting Shenzhen for 8 years now. Have been to the Heng Feng, Capital Plaza, Holiday Inn Donghua, and Crowne Plaza . It's edge over the two are: (1) It's a newer, more update hotel (2) It sits across a mall complex (where, as a non-mandarin speaker, I had more success in going around and buying stuff by myself). Breakfast and Dinner buffets are good quality food (not a lot in variety but I tend to stick to a few dishes anyway). Staff is friendly and accommodating - helped me whenever I ask for directions. If you don't have a business package with them though, this hotel is a pretty penny to be in.

Room Tip: I was lucky enough to get assigned to the higher floors, gave me a chance to get a good view of the...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
LynnXiao, Public Relations Manager at Kempinski Hotel Shenzhen, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Dear Ms. TerraBradford,

Thank you for staying with Kempinski Hotel during your recent visit to Shenzhen. I wish to take this opportunity to thank you for your time to share with us your comments and feedback.

Naturally, we are sincerely pleased that you were content with our services and wish to express that we shall endeavor to continuously improve towards exceeding your expectations in the future.

Ms. TerraBradford, if I can be of any further assistance in any way please do not hesitate to contact me via lynn.xiao@kempinski.com.

Many thanks for your valued patronage and we look forward to welcoming you once again to the Kempinski Hotel Shenzhen.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Excellent hotel for business purpose due to the location: Near offices centers, near to HK border, and inside a huge shopping center full of restaurants and bars.
Near to the shore as well, although with the pollution cannot be seen.
Huge rooms and baths, excellent restaurant with several kinds of foods.

Room Tip: Request upper floors because the views are incredible to the commercial area.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
LynnXiao, Public Relations Manager at Kempinski Hotel Shenzhen, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2014

Dear Mr. AntonioM7,

It was indeed our pleasure to have you stay with us during your recent visit to Shenzhen and we thank you for choosing the Kempinski Hotel Shenzhen as your preferred choice of accommodation.

Thank you very much for your very positive comments. We are pleased to know that you had an enjoyable stay with us. if I can be of any further assistance in any way please do not hesitate to contact me via lynn.xiao@kempinski.com

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Astonishing lobby, spacious and nicely decorated rooms.
Concierge not very informed. I asked for a traditional Chinese restaurant. Concierge recommended me a restaurant with no English speaking staff and no English menu so that I had to leave the restaurant as I could not communicate by any means.
Breakfast with large choice with average quality.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
LynnXiao, Public Relations Manager at Kempinski Hotel Shenzhen, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Dear valued guest,

Thank you very much for your nice comments and high ranking for our hotel.

Certainly, we are delightful to know that you are satisfied with your stay, except the episode of the no English speaking restaurant recommended by our concierge. I would like to take this opportunity to convey our sincere apologies. It is certainly beneficial to receive such constructive comments and we can assure you we shall continuously endeavour to enhance related training.

Dear valued guest, many thanks for your valued patronage and we look forward to welcoming you once again to the Kempinski Hotel Shenzhen.

Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 1 week on business. Hotel is located near the coastal city shopping mall. Many F&B outlets in walking distance. Breakfast spread is also nice. Rooms are relatively new and comfortable. Staff is also helpful and friendly.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
LynnXiao, Public Relations Manager at Kempinski Hotel Shenzhen, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Dear valued guest,

W are sincerely pleased that you were content with our services and wish to express that we shall endeavor to continuously improve towards exceeding your expectations in the future.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

I stayed at the Kempinski hotel for three nights while on business travel to Shenzhen. For the price, the quality is hard to beat.

I booked my stay through Expedia, and my reservation was awaiting me when I arrived. I opted for the rate including the breakfast, which was well worth the additional cost. The buffet has a broad selection of breakfast options ranging from western to more traditional Chinese options. It made for a nice start to each morning.

The dinner buffet is excellent, but at $70, quite pricey and does not include drinks. With fresh seafood, steak cooked to order, many other fresh dishes, and a wonderful selection of deserts and pastries, it provides a nice break if you become tired of the local fare.

The hotel is next to the subway entrance, so getting around is simple and inexpensive. For trips not within the subway's reach, the staff were happy to arrange transportation for me.

The room itself is very nice. When I travel on business and am jet lagged, the comfort of the bed and the effectiveness of the blinds are of paramount importance. My room at the Kempinski excelled at both, with a firm but comfortable bed, and automated blackout blinds. I will definitely return next time in Shenshen.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
LynnXiao, Public Relations Manager at Kempinski Hotel Shenzhen, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

I wish to take this opportunity to thank you for sharing with us your very positive comments. We are sincerely pleased that you were content with our services and wish to express that we shall endeavor to continuously improve towards exceeding your expectations in the future.

We look forward to welcoming you once again to the Kempinski Hotel Shenzhen.