One night went well at Grand Mercure went okay. Room was clean, nice and big. Not totally quiet as close to some nightlife.
I didn't do much walking around, but there does not seem to be any interesting restaurants or bars near the hotel. Had to settle for a depressing, not-so-clean KFC for a late night snack.
Breakfast was okay, but not as good value as other places. It was also very crowded with most sharing tables with people they did not know.
Be careful of concierge. When I asked about going to nearby Foshan or Guangzhou they kept telling me to take their limousines instead of the bus or train. Said they were unconfortable and crowded. I found that the train to Guangzhou is very fast, clean and quiet. Concierge must be getting a nice 'rebate' for the customers he brings in.
One thought...Shenzhen is hard to get around without a car. It was hard to find taxis. Especially at night. (Admittedly I was too lazy to figure out the subway though).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Mercure Oriental Ginza is located in the Futian business district, next to Zhuzlin metro station and only 20 minutes from the airport. The hotel features 481 rooms with a choice of bay or mountain views, 3 restaurants, 4 bars, a nightclub, fitnesscentre, sauna and indoor heated swimming pool. The port of Huanggang and the Shenzhen Convention and Exhibition Centre are only 15 minutes away. Conference and meeting facilites are also available for up to 350 delegates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ctrip TA, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Grand Mercure Shenzhen Oriental Ginza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Mercure Oriental Ginza Shenzhen Hotel Shenzhen
- Grand Accor Oriental Ginza Shenzhen