“Felix & Gaby duet ”

InterContinental Shenzhen
Ranked #6 of 2,814 Hotels in Shenzhen
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

I’d like to mention how much I enjoy the duet who performs at the Alenha steakhouse.
I regularly enjoy their music so much, but last night at Galleon they had to substitute for a band that dropped out last minute.
They were playing rock n roll hits from the 90’s 2000's that I loved and I was in HEAVEN (family and work is my life, but music is my passion)
After their short set, the duo were nice enough to come and introduce themselves.
Felix and Gaby are both such nice people and talented artists, (Felix is a very talented guitarist and Gaby has the voice of an angel.) I LOVE live music.
I was happy tonight to hear them in the lobby just now when I got back from my long day.

I look forward to hearing them every night.

2  Thank PAUL_HEWS0N
Liz W, PR Officer at InterContinental Shenzhen, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Thank you for your commnets, it's very encouraging and I will share your compliments with Felix & Gaby. We are honored to provide the best service to every guest to make their journey in Shenzhen extraodinary.
Thanks again! Look forward to see you soon!

There are newer reviews for InterContinental Shenzhen

Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

I am very amazed to find that Shenzhen can be so green. The hotel is in the OCT area and right next to an underground station. But it is so secluded that you won't feel the busy world outside.

It covers a very large area with a outdoor swimmimg pool that looks like a waterpark and a indoor standard size pool as well. All bedrooms have balcony and it's hugh. The bath tub is about the size of a double bed and I can actually stretch my legs.

It's only 5 mins taxi to OCT-Loft where all the artistics stuff and hip things are happening. Good food too.

Overall, very very impressed. Will be back in May.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Uffizi930
Liz W, Public Relations Officer at InterContinental Shenzhen, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Thank’s for your comments, we are pleased that you had a good time with InterContinental Shenzhen.
The Hotel is situated amidst the Overseas Chinese Town wherein lies a cultural, artistic and financial center. Within walking distance are the popular cluster of attractions such as cultural parks, art museum and shopping mall.
The outdoor swimming pool you mentioned is 2000 sqm and it's a part of our 10,000 sqm landscaped Caribbean garden. It's regarded by many guests, we are happy that you enjoy it.
We do look forward to your next visit in the future.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

This is my 3rd visit to the hotel. I write in the comment box about the special occasion of my stay during online booking. The GSM Joyce has noted our need and has prepared the room much in advance. The hotel also upgraded me to a suite for the ocassion and the membership and granted club access. Thanks again for the arrangement of the intercontinental.

Everything just perfect with the hotel, very nice room and it is close to o-city and subway station. It also has a wonderful ship bar so that you can have some local made beer which taste so good. Except the breakfast isn't taste so good (the variety of food is okay). I've no hesitation to recommend this hotel to others.

Room Tip: if you're going on special occasion, remember to let the hotel know in advance so that they can...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joejoejoehk
Liz W, PR Officer at InterContinental Shenzhen, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Thank you for your comments, we are pleased that you spent a good time with InterContinental Shenzhen.
We never stop working on improving our food qality, and bring entire new products continually, hope you can find it different from the last experience.
Look forward to see you soon!

Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

The rooms are ample and very comfortable, service for the most is good, efficient and friendly. The hotel does have 5 star facilities with a nice option of both indoor and an outdoor pool. But small attention to detail is a bit lacking in certain areas. Cutlery in the buffet restaurant needed polishing, some old and bent.

On the whole a pleasant stay.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Alfred Z, Director of Marketing and Communications at InterContinental Shenzhen, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Thank you for your comment. For the point you mentioned we reflected to operations department for improvement. InterContinental Shenzhen is dedicated to deliver exceptional service to every guest. You will be expected to see further enhanced service during your next visit. Look forward to your return in the future.

Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

My goal was to stay at a business hotel that InterContinental should be. I had no idea that this hotel was a fake Spanish themed "Disneyland".

Great difficulty with communicating with the staff. They should have more English language training for customer facing employees.

1  Thank LoyaltyLobby
Liz W, Manager at InterContinental Shenzhen, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments. To be honest, we are still on the way to be a true sense of Spanish Themed hotel except from the obvious decoration and staff uniform. All great ideas from our guests are highly appreciated, especially from those who see the world just like you.

We will pay more attention on the employee English training as you mentioned, hope you will find it easier to communicate for any inquiries.

Look forward to see you soon.

Reviewed 7 March 2014

A nice hotel, great decor, and a spanish theme. Rooms are decorated nicely, and could sleep very well. However, as I came here to relax at the hotel, the only bad thing about this hotel, is that it is next to some kind of resort that plays this awful music from 11am onwards all the way till 5-6pm. Its very annoying and based on that, I would never choose this hotel again. Its great if you are using this just in the evening, but to come here relax and put up with music is very off putting.

THere are some rooms being decorated as well but they are only during the day.

Locality is pretty good, although you do need take a taxi or need a car to go anywhere.

Buffet breakfast was spot on.

Oh last thing, in late evenings, you might have to put up with late night shouting from locals walking around corridors drunk and unable to find rooms that don't have a regard for others that are sleeping.

Room Tip: No tips could get you away from the horrifying music
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank romeolo888

Thank you for your comments!

The place you mentioned near hotel is Splendid China, it's a popular scenic spots in Shenzhen, they will play loud music in holidays. We will negotiate with them to seek solutions to the noise problem.

Besides, we will strengthen the security patrol at night to avoid the disturbing incident happened again.

Hope you will have a nice stay experience with us.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

I found a lower price published on an online website and when I opened a claim to redeem my free night stay as stated in IHG's Best Price Guarantee I was denied!!! They simply dismissed my claim and ignored all the evidence that their rates were higher than the online hotel booking website for the same room. Needless to say i was truly disappointed by their bold lies!

During my stay I found a large raspberry squashed on the carpet underneath the footstool as well as cherry stalks and seeds throughout the floors of the room. Does anyone inspect the rooms after they are supposedly cleaned? For a high-end 5-star hotel I find this appalling and inexcusable.

The one and only positive experience was in their Brazilian BBQ restaurant, Alenha. Everything else is sub-par and disappointing! Go at your own risk.

Room Tip: Just eat there but don't stay!!!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank 5startravelerhk
Liz W, Manager at InterContinental Shenzhen, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Please accept our sincere appologies, we feel very sorry about your experence, and it's unacceptible for us, either.
This matter is very serious and we feel regretful that leave you a bad impression. We will investigate thoroughly, and reiforce the management of online booking website and House Keeping, put an end to such incidents from happening again.

Hope you will enjoy a nice stay experience with us.