“I love Intercontinental!”

InterContinental Shenzhen
Ranked #6 of 2,820 Hotels in Shenzhen
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Location, lobby, most staff, room were outstanding. The breakfast was amazing - so much to choose from. Really good stay here,if it is a clear day or night you get some great views.
the service was excellent

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for InterContinental Shenzhen

Reviewed 23 June 2014

i`ve heared about Intercontinental Shenzhen from colleagues many times, so it`s my first choice when i come to Shenzhen. Room is quite big and also very tidy, restaurants can provide many choice for me.

the hotel is really fantasic with the unique Spanish theme and professional staffs. I met during my stay especially duty manager Jojo who introduced me some good restaurants not only in hotel but also in Shenzhen for local people. She was very patient and made me a woderful leisure trip in Shenzhen!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Movenda W, Public Relations Manager at InterContinental Shenzhen, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comments, it's very encouraging and I will share your compliments with our staff. We are honored to provide the best service to every guest to make their journey in Shenzhen extraordinary.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

As a frequent and loyal guest of IHG, I have visited Intercontinental Shenzhen for times during the last 4 years, what surprised me most is the low turnover rate of employees here, and the hospitable courtesy they have always expressed also.

A little bit specifically, Jojo Yu and Eric Li from front office are just more than GORGEOUS, they act more like a guide beyond a staff, and treat me as a host rather than a guest, old word says, feel like home.

Room Tip: stay far from the main lift

Reviewed 21 June 2014

The hotel was tidy, well managed big building complex. Food was not anything special in any restaurant, but very acceptable.
Staff was very helpful and help me in restaurant, lobby, and any place.
The room was excellent with huge bathtub and balcony.

I can recommend this hotel for all travellers.

Dear Guest,
Moreover, we will try our best to upgrade the variety and quality of the food.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

I was wandering around OCT and wondering where can I have a decent dinner, and the it occurs to me that there is a nice dinner set in the bar in Intercontinental Shenzhen. When I walked in the hall, the duty manager Jet warmly welcomed me and asked if I wanted to check in the room. After being aware that I was just planning to have dinner there, he still led me to the bar patiently with a big smile. Comparing to the dinner I had afterwards, I think the congenial service I got from Jet and the soothing atmosphere made my day, and I will totally choose this hotel again if I want to book a room in Shenzhen.

1  Thank Jeremylamkai
Movenda W, Public Relations Manager at InterContinental Shenzhen, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Reviewed 17 June 2014

VIsited in late May for a business convention. Hotel quality and cleanliness are above average. Staff is very helpful and there are many restaurant options. Room was large and very convenient with excellent bathroom.
Highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Corsica71181

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comments. We are honored to provide the best service to every guest to make their journey in Shenzhen extraordinary.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

This one is typically what you would expect from InterContinental hotels. Spacious rooms and well appointed. This one is designed more of a resort style hotel, of which the original hotel before Intercontinental took over was. There is huge beach pool in the middle. So this is perfect for families.

The room is big -- big enough to sport a walk-in closet, and a 2-person bath tub, with separate rain-shower and views of the outside, though you will have to close the blinds unless you are a bit of a voyeur.

I was on a busy business trip, so didn't have time check out the outdoor pool and it was the rainy season in Shenzhen. But the gym, indoor pool and spa are top notched and well-kept. The spa includes the usual jacuzzi, sauna, steam, cold plunge. Extra is a hot-bed (tiled bench with heat underneath) ... though you will not use it in hot Shenzhen I don't think.

Breakfast is the usual 5-star hotel buffet of western & eastern food, with on-demand eggs and noodle stations -- quality is OK. But I guess it would be rated very good if you don't eat hotel breakfast too many times. It is definitely 10 times better than USA 4-star hotel breakfast!

The best thing I like about this hotel is that it is located in very quiet location without any major roads nor shops nearby, yet it is in front of a major subway line (Green line). You didn't feel you were in a metropolitan concrete jungle. In fact, there were plenty of greens around. For food you can walk across the road to a housing community with lots of restaurants, and a decent massage place. Wal-Mart is also across the road.

The staff were all helpful and friendly, and one of them (forgot name unfortunately) took the extra mile to help me with queries and booking to arrange for the transfer to Hongkong. (I flew in to HK, and was to return via HK).

Cons of this hotel is that you need to walk a lot! There are 8 floors and it is spread out wide. I loved my room, but it was a bit of a walk. The reception helped got me a closer room to the main entrance, but still it was a bit of a walk.

Overall, if your budget allows you to about CNY1200 to CNY2000/night, then I'd recommend this over similar hotels elsewhere.

Room Tip: No need to worry about facing a noisy road. All rooms are good. You might like to ask for one near t...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank durianwool2
Movenda W, Public Relations Manager at InterContinental Shenzhen, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your generous comments. It is our pleasure and honor to ensure great experience to our guests. Though our big space kept you walk a lot, I believe you won't mind, or you can take it as doing excise, haha~~
We do look forward to your next visit in the future.