“What you would expect”

Sheraton Shenzhen Futian Hotel
Ranked #12 of 2,840 Hotels in Shenzhen
Reviewed 30 June 2014

1st time in this hotel, and first time in Shenzhen. Great location if you need to be in Futian area with direct subway connection, spa across the road and huge shopping malls to the right.

Hotel entrance and foyer is typical grand Chinese style of a 5 star hotel, looks impressive.

Booking process via email was quick and efficient. Checked in early at 11am and the room was ready and available as requested including a lovely King bed. Check in staff friendly and also efficient, although it did seem rather quiet so not sure how it would be on a busy day.

Room was non smoking and no trace of smell, but the non smoking floor did have some cigarette butts at the entrance to the lift. Room size was large, sheets pillows and bed very good. The curtains are very thick block out type if you really need a dark room it does the job wonderfully. Even at 9am the room can be very dark if you close the curtains.

No noise heard from any other rooms, can't say if that is due to the room or just there weren't many guests checked in.

Basic level English from the boys out the front, so don't expect to ask them very detailed or tricky questions.

Great experience overall, but what you would expect from 5 star hotel with a Sheraton brand.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank OzzieFlyer007
Nicole W, Manager at Sheraton Shenzhen Futian Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Dear OzMarkSydney, thanks for choosing at Sheraton Shenzhen Futian Hotel and taking time to share your review here. We hope that you had an enjoyable memory for travelling in Shenzhen. And we would arrange more trainings to the staffs so that next time when you come back you can chat freely with us in the hotel. We hope to see you next time in Sheraton Shenzhen Futian Hotel!

Reviewed 29 June 2014

The decor and layout of the junior suite at the Sheraton in Shenzhen is my favorite hotel room in the world (and I have stayed at a lot of hotels). It is extremely comfortable, luxurious and welcoming.

The location of the hotel in the CBD next to the Convention Center, two malls and the subway make it very convenient.

The breakfast buffet is fantastic although I don't recommend it for dinner. I also do not recommend the in-house Chinese restaurant as I could not find an English speaking waiter or picture menus.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear GRO3839, thanks for staying at Sheraton Shenzhen Futian Hotel and taking time to share your comments here. We all hope that you had a great time travelling in Shenzhen. The Chinese restaurants on the fifth floor are managed by third party companies, and we have reported your feedback to them. Thank you for your recommendation towards Sheraton Shenzhen Futian Hotel, we look forward to your coming back soon!

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Stayed 5 nights at this hotel during my last business trip to Shenzhen. A great location, next to shopping malls (plenty of restaurants to choose from!) and it is less than 10 mins drive from Huanggang border (if you are coming to Shenzhen via Hong Kong International Airport). Friendly staff and clean room. Breakfast was great - they offered a good variety of food. The only complaint I have is the AC in my room did not work on my last night. I couldn't change the temperature and it was noisy. Nevertheless, it still gets a 5 stars from me.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Mandy T, thanks for staying at Sheraton Shenzhen Futian Hotel and taking time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor. Located in the best location in Shenzhen CBD, we hope that staying in our hotel brought you great convenience when you travelling in Shenzhen. Your feedback for the air conditioner has been reported to the engineer department and we will pay more attention to the maintenance of the facilities. Thanks again for staying with us, we are looking forward to your return.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Last time when I stayed in this hotel, it was a perfect stay, and I mentioned that I like the room location when I checked out, it was in a high floor and in the east wing. This time when I check in, the pretty front desk girl asked me if I would like to stay in the room last time I was in, I felt surprised that they care about my stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Nicole W, Manager at Sheraton Shenzhen Futian Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Dear Stacey L, thanks for staying at Sheraton Shenzhen Futian Hotel, and taking time to leave your feedback here. We are happy that the staffs made you aconvenient stay in Shenzhen. We all hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

Good location in Shenzhen. It's a place in the heart of Shenzhen. For business reason, I have to go to luohu and Nanshan both districts, and staying here make my trip much easier. Btw, it's only 10 min taxi from Lok Ma Chau border so I also went to HK for a shopping getaway the last day of my trip.

• Stayed: May 2014
Nicole W, Manager at Sheraton Shenzhen Futian Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Dear Hoiyann, thanks for staying at Sheraton Shenzhen Futian Hotel and share the great comment here! We are glad that you had a wonderful stay in our hotel. We hope to see your returning soon!

Reviewed 11 June 2014

I recently returned here, and had another great visit.

The service was good again, although the front desk was rather slow and disorganized.

I did have a couple complaints: When I plugged my laptop into the power plug near the desk, it blew the circuit breaker for my entire room. All the lights went out in my room (it was pitch black). I called for help, and it took the engineers quite awhile to figure out the problem.

My other complaint was that the meeting rooms are getting rather worn out. The carpeting in particular in the hallways was quite worn out. I hope they replace it soon.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear 5Continents3toGo, it’s so glad to know your returning this time, and thanks again for your comment! Your feedbacks have been reported to the Front Office Department and the Banquet Department. Meanwhile, I would like to share with you that we have a brand new mid-size ballroom named “Han” with space of 650 sqm, maybe you could go to have a look next time you come. We wish you a god day, and hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

The management and staff were responsive and the service was outstanding.The entire staff was warm, friendly and accommodating, going well above and beyond the level of service I've ever experienced from a hotel staff. ALL were so friendly and accommodating. I felt so at home - and loved returning to the hotel each day. N the location is great, closing to good public transport giving you easy access to all the main shopping areas .

• Stayed: May 2014
Nicole W, Manager at Sheraton Shenzhen Futian Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear Mariajoho, thanks for staying at Sheraton Shenzhen Futian Hotel and taking your time to share your stay experience here. We have been doing our best to make guests feel at home when staying at our hotel. Hope our hotel could be your home when you travel to Shenzhen next time!