“Scarcely Found Hideaway Resort in Shenzhen”

Sheraton Dameisha Resort, Shenzhen
Ranked #8 of 2,865 Hotels in Shenzhen
Reviewed 4 September 2013

We, two couples, spent a weekend in this hotel in August 2013. It's really relaxing and enjoyable. We got upgraded to the 12th floor with the extra payment of RMB400. I think it's a fair deal. In addition to checking in right away at 11am, we could also use the lounge which served snacks and drinks throughout the day and also an afternoon tea session at 5-7pm.
The view of this hotel was unbeatable in the vicinity. Rooms were spacious, clean and tidy. We love the bathroom the most. Staff were friendly. Good choices of food. We tried the Chinese Dimsum for the lunch on first day, 'petit' but tasty. We dined outside the hotel but regretted. It was crowded outside, the pavement was jam-packed with people leaving the beach after sunset. The vacation would be perfect without this congestion part.
Breakfast was satisfactory with good variety of choices. On second day, we had lunch at the lobby lounge, which was unbelievably quiet and relaxing. Even the food was good, we had spaghetti, pizza and spicy squid etc., all were delicious. The only disappointment was the draft beers were not cold at all. But finally, the in-charge agreed to change our draft beers to bottle ones, which were perfectly cool.
In summary, we had a lovely weekend in this resort. My advice is don't bother to go outside, it's a totally different world. Just stay inside the hotel, enjoy the pool and perhaps a dip in the ocean and savour the delicious food. I will definitely go back when I need to re-charge with time constraint as this resort is only about an hour away from Hong Kong!

Room Tip: Upgrade to 12th floor with extra payment is worth considering
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ph0ebe2011
Daisy_wt, General Manager at Sheraton Dameisha Resort, Shenzhen, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2013

Dear Phoebe
Thank you for your wonderful comments about your stay experience
I am delighted you and your friends enjoyed your time with us and that you found the Sheraton Club upgrade offer to be value for money.
Your detailed description of your stay is enjoyable to read and I can feel you all enjoyed your time with us immensely.
For an update, we are currently looking at bringing in new draft beers, and will ensure they will be properly chilled, however I have passed on your appreciation to the team for their quick reaction to set your order right.
Please feel free to drop me a line when you are coming back and I look forward to welcoming you once again

Kind regards
Colin Vickers

Write a ReviewReviews (1,480)

Reviewed 1 September 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at the Sheraton Dameisha Resort for a week while on business in Shenzhen and the hotel, location and staff cannot be beat! From the moment you walk into the hotel, you can tell that the facilities, atmosphere and service are top notch. The staff makes you feel like a VIP all the time and will do anything they can to assist you, even with the smallest details. Case in point: My lighter was confiscated at the airport and they kindly arranged a staff member to go and buy me one! They also arranged to have a staff member go and purchase my train ticket, which was also very kind of them. It's great to read the other reviews and see that many of same staff members who made my stay so memorable are also recognized by other travelers: Peter at the pool bar, Bob at the concierge desk, and Kitty at the Club Lounge. In particular, Raymond from the Concierge Desk was an absolute delight -- he made me feel like a true VIP and his service was beyond compare! The hotel itself does not disappoint... It's on a nice, clean private beach and the pools and restaurants are amazing. The rooms are spacious and modern, and each one overlooks the beach with its own private balcony. I will definitely be back and highly suggest this hotel if you are looking for a great place to stay in Shenzhen!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Daisy_wt, General Manager at Sheraton Dameisha Resort, Shenzhen, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2013

Dear Sherri,
Thank you for sharing your experience. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and especially pleased our staff left you with so many good memories. And we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Colin Vickers,

Reviewed 17 July 2013

My biz need me to travel a lot. My favorite stay always is spg hotels. Sheraton Dameisha is the best spg hotel I ever stay. It actually owns a private beach for a pleasant summer for both biz stay and vacation stay. The hotel staff are the warmest part of hotel service during my stay. They will take care every small need I ask for. Kitty, the customer manger, is the most pretty and professional hotel manager I ever met. Her team were doing the same thing. Kudo to Sheraton Dameisha. Thanks

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Daisy_wt, General Manager at Sheraton Dameisha Resort, Shenzhen, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2013

Dear JJD,

Thank you so much for your kind feedback. It's wonderful to read about your experience and to share with us the great job Kitty and the team does to look after you. We are very proud of Kitty and her Sheraton Club team, which makes it even more of a good reason to stay at Sheraton Club Level. I am delighted our hotel makes you feel warm and delighted. We are certainly looking to get even better. I hope to see you soon on your next visit.

Kind wishes,

Colin Vickers,

Reviewed 11 July 2013

I was in Shenzhen only for the weekend and the choice of Sheraton Dameisha was a very good option I absolutely don't regret.
It is a piece of heaven in the big city of Shenzhen.
You can relax very well with the amazing hotel facilities. I particularly enjoyed the wonderful outdoor swimming-pool, and also the private beach.
The pool is very big, water is clean, and environment very nice.
I also appreciated the club lounge, and its very kind manager Kitty, who organize city excursions for me and reserved the best restaurants to try local specialities.
The room was also exceptional, I had been upgraded in the suite room (at least 150 square meters!) with a terrace that overhang the gulf of Dameisha.

Definitively a very good place , and I will certainly go back again there!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Thierry C
Daisy_wt, General Manager at Sheraton Dameisha Resort, Shenzhen, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2013

Dear Thierry C.
Thank you for your kind feedback and comments about your recent stay with us. I am delighted you had such a wonderful time and especially pleased our Club Manager, Kitty left you with so many good memories. We look forward to your return and perhaps you could try sea fishing or a boat excusion next time around.
Warm regards Colin Vickers,

Reviewed 13 June 2013

This is my second time in the last 4 weeks at the Sheraton Dameisha. This time it was a 2 night stay from June 9- 11 2013. I booked the Club Room which included the lounge access. I believe that all rooms in this establishment face the ocean. The room was very clean and spacious with a large balcony with an amazing ocean view. Staff was friendly and helpful. The most I was dealing with spoke reasonably good English. This brings me to one employee in particular by the name of Bob Xu. I believe he is either part of the Bell or Concierge staff. Bob was a pleasure to deal with. Spoke excellent English. He was very resourceful and always went out of the way with great recommendations about the local area as solving problems like transportation when they arise. I have had the pleasure of staying in some of the other hotels in Shenzhen like the St Regis, Westin Nanshan and the Grand Hyatt but will have to say that Bob stands heads and shoulders over the rest.
One tip for travellers who are booking the Club Room. I had a choice of eating breakfast in the Club Lounge or in the buffet in the basement floor. IMHO, the buffet is definitely a better choice with a huge selection of both Western and Chinese cuisine. However, I did not find the food at Dragon Court on the main floor to my liking.
The pool and private beach were excellent. It was not too crowded even though we are almost at the busy season.
The only thing which prevents me from giving the property 5 stars, is the price. One night here costs about 3250 RMB which is a little higher than the St Regis in downtown Shenzhen at around 2400 RMB but I guess you are paying a little more for the beach front location.
All in all a great place to unwind and relax after a busy business trip in China.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bgoh1973
Daisy_wt, Digital Marketing and Distribution Executive at Sheraton Dameisha Resort, Shenzhen, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2013

Dear Bgoh1973,

Thank you for your very kind and special feedback. I am thrilled you had another wonderful stay with us and even moreso that you have recognised Bob Xu at our Concierge. Bob is a truly wonderful associate and I am glad you have noticed this. He always does try to go the extra step with our guests and I am pleased he has helped to make your stay. I will ensure he is properly recognised for his great service and I thank you again for letting us know. We all look forward to your return and warmly welcome you.

Reviewed 1 June 2013

We stayed here on the 26thth May for 1 night. We booked the Ocean Panoramic View Room which has a breathtaking view. The reason why we stayed here was to visit the OCT EAST theme park. (15 mins walk or $10 taxi ride)

Check in was smooth, we arrived at 10am and the gentlemen was very nice and gave us the room considering check in is normally 2pm. There is direct transport from HK Wan chai pier straight to the door of this hotel. (tickets sold by CTS travel)

The room was fantastic! comes with all the usual, slippers, tooth brush, robes etc and the Bath tub is amazing! I surprised my girlfriend with a rose pettle bath and she loved it!

We had the buffet at feast, excellent choice and reasonable price @ $248 pp. Breakfast had plenty of variety and delicious!

I would def recommend this hotel, I am planning a next visit just to relax at the private beach and pool!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Daisy_wt, Digital Marketing & Distribution Executive at Sheraton Dameisha Resort, Shenzhen, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2013

Dear Anima888,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and your wonderful feedback. I am delighted you both had a great time and the associates and facilities went beyond your expectations. If there is any associate of particular mention, please let us know so we can recognise them accordingly. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon where I trust we will help to provide you with fond memories.

Reviewed 8 May 2013

I went during the May Day holiday week but the hotel seemed almost empty because of unseasonably cool temperatures and overcast skies. The deluxe room was fantastic and had a large, comfortable bed and nice balcony with a view of the beach and mountains in the distance. Overall the hotel was great. However, there were just 2 things I didn't like. When I went to the bar at about 9pm the bartender was MIA. Waited a few minutes and no one showed up so I went across the street to a German place. Lastly there was some trash on the beach. I'm aware that the hotel's stretch of beach is probably infinitely cleaner than the public beach nearby but I still don't want to see plastic bags and empty beer bottles in the sand.

But all that is far outweighed by the things I liked. I'm definitely going to be visiting again the next time I'm in Shenzhen. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Don't be cheap. Get the deluxe room or better.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Daisy_wt, Digital Marketing & Distribution Executive at Sheraton Dameisha Resort, Shenzhen, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2013

Dear James D, thank you for your feedback and comments. I am glad you had a nice time staying with us and enjoyed your experience. I am sorry for the flaws in the service delivery - we will be better - Our beach is usually very clean; unfortunately the day after bad weather, garbage is washed up onto the beach and we try to remove this as quickly as possible without impacting our guests experience. we will continue to do better. Thank you for choosing us and I look forwad to having the opportunity to welcome you back next time.