“Good Service”

Ranked #3 of 2,767 Hotels in Shenzhen
Macau
“Good Service”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Stayed 1 night last weekend with my husband during our trip to Shenzhen.
Room is clean, nice.
Staffs in the front desk are friendly and check in process is good too.
Although price is a bit expensive compare to other hotels in Shenzen, it does worth it.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Angela Z, General Manager at Sheraton Dameisha Resort, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear Emily83, Thank you for sharing your comments about your recent stay. I am very glad you both had a great time with us and enjoyed our resort. I am especially glad you found our associates friendly, which is something we always work hard on ensuring. We look forward to seeing you again soon! Kind regards Colin Vickers

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Minato-ku, Tokyo
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I attended a conference at this resort in early June 2014. Even though the weather was fine, this was not a "resort" that I would want to return to.

The hotel's architecture is uninspiring and it's decoration (what I call "early 2000s Chinese monumental") is characterized by hanging colored glass and cheap marble.

The view from the hotel is its best attraction but the constant passage of tankers and container ships bound for HK makes one cautious abound swimming on the beach.

Rooms are clean but the air conditioning does little for the musty humid feeling of the room itself. The room service menu includes many options but most are not available and the Hainan Chicken Rice (a regional speciality) was bland and disappointing.

The hotel is about a 2 hour ride from HK airport and about the same distance from Shenzhen airport. Not convenient.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the ocean. The view in the other direction is of a worn out Chinese town and quite...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Sheraton_DMS_Resort, General Manager at Sheraton Dameisha Resort, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Dear Abacae, Thank you for providing your feeback about your recent stay with us. I appreciate your comments about those areas where we can improve on and I am quite surprised certain menu options were not available. My apologies. I trust your conference was successful and those facilities met your expectations. Whilst I understand your reasons for us not being your selected choice of resort, I do hope we may have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future. Kind regards. Colin Vickers, General Manager
Minnesota
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We spent a long weekend at the Sheraton Dameisha in the Yantian district, northeast of Shenzen. The Sheraton is a large resort with with a private beach on Dameisha Beach with many resort amenities including a system of 4-5 pools (hard to count), spa and many areas to walk. The hills of Shenzen border the west of the resort and come right down to the ocean on the north. Across Dameisha bay the hills of Hong Kong provide a backdrop. A beautiful location.

Check in went smoothly and we were in our Ocean suite very quickly. The view was outstanding and both balconies were a pleasant place for a cold drink and view of the beach and harbor. The room was clean, slightly musty from the humidity, which cleared as we opened the doors to the balcony.

The staff and service was excellent providing a clean room and prompt room service. We had a buffet dinner at "Feast" in the lower level of the hotel on Friday. the food was good and there was a large variety of western, Chinese and Japanese cuisine.

There are numerous attractions and places to walk from the hotel including the beach, shoreline, shopping outlets, and many more within short driving distance.

Saturday we ate at the Dragon Court in a private dining room with friends. The food was very good, with a number of Cantonese specialties. The service and food was excellent until we came to the end of dinner. We had ordered a Cantonese specialty rice which did not come. After discussing with the wait staff, the manager came. She had a conversation with our Chinese guests and finally the rice dish came and was served. We asked to order desert, again the manager came and she told us none of the deserts in the menu were available. Then I asked for the bill. She came with the bill, I tried to pay on our room bill, but the manager said that was not possible (the dinner was $500) and that I would have to pay by cash or credit card. I paid by credit card but I was not impressed by this treatment.

We went for a late evening walk and finished the evening in the hotel lobby lounge with some ice cream and after dinner drinks. The staff in the lounge were professional, attentive and welcoming, at 11:00PM in comparison to the manager at the Dragon Court.

Overall we would recommend this hotel and resort for a long weekend or short vacation. The views are beautiful, the hotel staff were excellent and it was very relaxing.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Gregg V
Sheraton_DMS_Resort, Manager at Sheraton Dameisha Resort, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear Gregg V, Many Thanks for sharing your experience with us. I am thrilled you enjoyed such a wonderful time with us and met so many of our associates whom provided you with great memories. I am sorry your experience in Dragon Court was not the same as the rest of the resort. This is a third party restaurant we do not manage, however I will relay your comments to them. It is possible to charge the bill to the hotel room, however the hotel cannot provide the tax invoice for the meal, this needs to be requested at the restaurant. We did have one day recently with a system technical issue that prevented charging back to the guest rooms, and it may have been the day of your experience. That problem was fixed within several hours of occurring. Overall, I am delighted you enjoyed your time with us and very much look forward to welcoming you back once again for a well deserved break. Kind regards

San Diego
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Stayed 1 night for business on the top floor (12) in a club level room which featured exceptional views of the sea. The rooms were very nice, featuring comfortable Western furnishings. Check-in was seamless despite arriving at midnight and some of the staff did have issues speaking English. The breakfast buffet was extensive as any possible item was available including a make your own juice bar. The fitness facility was also quite good as they had numerous machines, each with views of the beach.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Sheraton_DMS_Resort, General Manager at Sheraton Dameisha Resort, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Dear Sameer R,

Thank you for sharing you comments for your recent stay with us. I am delighted you enjoyed your short stay with us. It's good to know you managed to enjoy many of the resort facilities as well. One point to note, we are progressing with English language courses for our associates as we do recognise some of them are having challenges, however they are keen and willing to improve their abilities in communciation. With this positive attitude I am sure each of our associates will be able to support our foreign guests better.

Thank you once again for your support and we look forward to welcome you back again soon.

Hong Kong
Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed one night at the hotel. We checked in and out at the executive club floor. The lady there was very polite and pleasant and the process was quick and efficient. We were given an enhanced room with a panoramic view. The room was clean but a bit smelly. We went swimming and the swimming pool was huge that we liked it very much. At night we strolled along the beach and observed that the occupancy rate of the hotel was only about half full.

On the next morning when we went to the 'Feast' for breakfast, it was a nightmare! We were shocked to be told by the waitress to 'look for a table yourself'. We could not tell whether the tables were occupied or not as nearly all of them were filled with dirty dishes. We finally grasped hold of a manager who managed to find us a table. Surprisingly, an expatriate waitor even told us that they knew they could not manage the influx of guests coming to breakfast. Yet nothing has been done, bearing in mind the hotel was only half full. Some dishes were empty with no food refilled.One can't imagine what would be the situation when the hotel occupancy was full?

We were again surprised to find the transport arrangement was really awful. Outside the hotel, there was no taxi stand erected or any signage to direct visitors/guests to queue up and there resulted in a number of decent visitors forming up a queue by themselves and other visitors jumping the queue and grabbed taxis. Given the remote area of Dameisha and on the afternoon of a weekend, the hotel staff did not even think ahead to call for a number of taxis to stand-by at the hotel until a number of visitors started queuing up at the entrance that looked unsightly. We could hardly believe our ears when the staff started to suggest to the visitors to take public transport - bus, bearing in mind all vistors did have luggages and how could they struggled to get onto the public bus. (When our taxi later drove past public bus stops, the situation was even more chaotic!) How could the hotel staff so ill-advised the guests to take pubic bus!! (sweep away the problem??).The staff's 'couldn't care less attitude' made them look extremely unprofessional!

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank RonnieHongKong
Dear RonnieHongKong,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I apologise for the very poor service levels provided at breakfast and with your great efforts to secure a taxi. During your stay period the hotel was fully booked and as per our normal standards we have two restaurants open able to serve over 450 guests at a time, however there can be no excuses as we should deliver the service that is expected of us and that I certainly expect of the team.

Dameisha during the holiday periods and summer weekends can be extremely crowded and whilst we do call for multiple taxi's well in advance, it is still very difficult, due to it can take more than 2 hours to arrive from Shenzhen to the hotel. We are currently negotiating with the limosine rental firms to have cars on standby for guest rental.

My suggestions for the future, is either try to stay for an additional night and leave early on Monday morning, or after checking out before noon, leave the luggage with us and enjoy the resort for the rest of the day until evening time, when it is usually a little less crowded. We can provide facilities for showering and changing before one needs to leave.

Your comments have been shared with the management team who are equally disappointed for not providing quality service and they are committed to immediate improvements to ensure we always get it right. Once again, my sincerest apologies for your experience. I do hope you may try us again and give us the opportunity to regain your confidence. Please feel free to contact me directly at the resort and I hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back again,

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Just stayed for a weekend with my boyfriend. What a fabulous getaway!

The highlights were the gorgeous room with a balcony looking out to the ocean. The view is stunning and listening to the sound of the waves as you lie in bed is so relaxing. Also, the buffet breakast (included in our room rate) at Feast was excellent. There was plenty of variety in different cuisines and I loved the chef making fresh omlettes/fried/scrambled eggs. Nice quality bacon too. Had the weather been better sitting outside would have been divine. Even though it rained on the second day we were still able to enjoy the indoor pool area. I also enjoyed a facial at the spa (I was able to walk in without a pre arranged booking) whilst my boyfriend went to the gym. We were impressed by the architecture and decor of the hotel and I loved the Earth Hour cocktails and candle light performance.

My only criticisms would be that the level of English at the hotel could be better especially when trying to communicate at the spa and restaurants (and ordering room service).On the first night my boyfriend and I wanted to look at the different restaurants at the hotel to decide where to have dinner the next night but it was difficult and confusing trying to tell the staff this. One last criticism was that on checkout I wanted to pay with a different card to the one which I reserved the hotel on. This also seemed to cause a lot of confusion. These are not major problems as ultimately everything was resolved for us but it just took a while.

Room Tip: Make sure you get an ocean view! It's worth it.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Whatkatiedid84
Sheraton_DMS_Resort, General Manager at Sheraton Dameisha Resort, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Dear katie-dollHong Kong,

Many Thanks for taking the time to share your experience in such detail. I am very pleased our property and team helped you to have such a memorable time with us. It's great you managed to try most of the facilities - the Spa treatment must have been good. It is not managed by the hotel and we do communicate with them the need to improve the level of English. Likewise, whilst it is a challenge to find staff who already speak English, we do provide language courses to help them develop this skill. We are continuing our efforts to improve in this area. Thank you for choosing to stay with us, I am glad you enjoyed our Earth Hour celebration and we all look forward to welcome you back again soon.

Kind regards
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Firstly the customer services in the hotel is fantastic, you don't feel in china. After a super fast check in, we went up to our room, the room is large, new and modern, the ocean view is so good, nothing can compare to. Breakfast has all varieties . Beside of the restraints in the hotel, there are a few shops and restaurants opposite too. After lunch we took taxi up the mountain to Tea stream valley and Interlarken spa. Taxies are queuing just outside of the hotel.

Only thing, they do not have free wifi, which I thought most of big hotel chain should provide.

After stayed here, I have decided, I will not use other hotels for spa holidays in the future. Because it's good customer services and convenience will contribute more to my holiday.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank curiouskitty
Sheraton_DMS_Resort, General Manager at Sheraton Dameisha Resort, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Dear curiouskitty,

Thank you for your feedback. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and I am especially glad you felt we looked after you so well. This is one of the core values of Sheraton and it's wonderful to learn of our guests' experiences. In terms of Wifi, many of the 5 Star International Hotels charge for this service, whilst we offer 1 hour free everyday in the room, the Lobby, public areas and Link@Sheraton is free. I am thrilled you plan to come back to us. Feel free to contact me directly to assist with any arrangements. Thank you once again and I look forward to seeing you again soon.