“Sticky”
Review of CAA Holy Sun Hotel

CAA Holy Sun Hotel
Ranked #158 of 2,844 Hotels in Shenzhen
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Location wise it is amazing, as soon as you cross the border from Hong Kong and leave the train station is right there on the main road. You can't access it on foot however, as the road out goes through a tunnel without pedestrian access.

Very cheap, although when we saw the rates you pay there compared to how much we paid in advance we were shocked. If you are using a Shenzhen Visa and don't need to provide the hotel name/address in advance, I highly recommend just rocking up and paying the Chinese rates which are ridiculously cheap.

Rooms are...so-so. Nothing awful but nothing amazing. Very old decor, looks like it wasn't done up since 1970. Carpets are...something. Everything smells a bit dank and not very fresh. I put something in the safe and when I took my hand away it was covered in something sticky, I don't thing I want to know what it was.

Chinese business hotel and nothing else really. Good base if you're not too worried about the hotel being super nice. If you are, stay in the Shangri-La, that's just steps away from the train terminal, and probably less sticky.

Room Tip: Ask for a less sticky one if possible.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 19 June 2014

I had been here with my family in nov2013,its very close to the ferry terminal.if someone wants to come to schenzen to shop than this hotel location is ideal.overall the breakfast and cleanliness is ok..not bad..its value for money.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We stayed here for a night. Thank God, it was just for a night.

Small bed, small bathroom, No complimentary water bottles, No Milk and sugar for tea/coffee. Staff doesn't speak English except the manager. Limited and poor quality breakfast.

Stay here only if you want to cross border next morning.

Room Tip: Room with Window
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank kajol1911
Reviewed 15 January 2014

This hotel is disgusting! First of all, I am not sure how this place is even classified as a hotel. It seems like they own a couple floors inside a commercial building as my taxi driver did not even recognize this place. The name of the hotel was one of the many signs on the exterior of this building so it was hard to identify even after we found the place. The staffs at the reception do not understand much English, therefore communicating with them was very difficult.

The hotel room was small and had the smell of cigarette even though we had a non-smoking room. Carpet had muddy stains and there were black smudges on the walls. The large window swings open but there are no safety bars. The hinge and lock on one of our windows was broken and it kept swinging open. I was so scared of it falling onto the streets. The bathroom was gross. The tiles in the bathroom were black and dirty. There is no real separation between the toilet and the shower so the entire bathroom is soaked in water everything you take a shower... There are so many things wrong with this being called a "4-star hotel"!!!

Worst of all, I did not feel safe at this place. Anyone can take the elevator up to this hotel without passing through the "lobby" (which is a small desk on the 5th floor of the building). I did not even try to complain to the hotel staff during my stay as they were not helpful nor friendly. Overall, this place gave me very bad feelings and I just couldn't wait to get out of there!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Joyce C
Reviewed 1 January 2014

I stayed here because of the location. The fellow at the front desk, taller of the two guys was not very accommodating...seemed a bit snooty...the other staff were nice. I really like the proximity to the louhu station which is across from the Mariot which is just down the street. Rooms are clean but some are very small.

Room Tip: Make sure you get the full sized room.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank John T
Reviewed 29 November 2013

We stayed only one night at this hotel as we were crossing the border into Hong Kong. It is very close to Lohu Port and we were able to walk there (although you have to walk through the main streets as there are no sidewalks on the quick path to the port, but it took about 5 minutes to walk). The hotel itself was nice, Chinese style, but the rooms were more Western style. The king size bed was comfortable and we were able to get a crib for our son. It was very clean and nicely decorated. We had free bottles of water, wifi access, and air conditioning. They have a shuttle that runs every 30 minutes or so to the port but we didn't want to wait. Lots of restaurants and shopping nearby. Overall very pleased with this hotel and definitely recommend it to people needing a place to stay near the border.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Amanda B
Reviewed 20 November 2013

The Hotel's best part is that it is next to the lohu are where there is this famous lohu shopping market, the hotel is in the market area so any 1 looking for a (clean) body massage this is is the place to be. Don't expect much as the hotel is a barely 3* hotel and don't even give a single bottle of water along with the room. We had a tripple occupancy room and the hotel ppl refused to give e1 a single bottle of water to drink. The breakfast was just ok. I could not eat those strange veggies kep on the plate.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family