We are non-smokers and being aware that smoking is not banned indoors, we specifically stressed that we are given a non-smoking room.
We were assigned a room to one of the villas which is a few minutes walk from the main building. However the room is barely of 3-star standard ... let alone be classified as villa. It was small, dimly lit and the carpets were old (and quite dirty). The bathroom door was old and bloated so it would not close properly unless you force it. Everything was still bearable until some guests checked in to the neighboring room. The room given to us was a connecting room. And once the guests in the other connecting room started smoking, the choking cigarette smoke seeped into our room through the connecting door. That was the last straw.
Booked and paid for a week's stay but ended up checking out early, sacrificing 2 nights because we just could not take it anymore.