Zhuhai Holiday Resort Hotel
US$65
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 30 October 2012

I have stayed here on a few occasions as it is affiliated with the trade show that I attend annually. Generally, it is the worst hotel of my trip. The rooms are old and have a dirty feeling. Bathrooms are dated with grubby caulking and just a very dated feeling. Service in the lounge area is almost non existent and my suggestion is to eat / drink out of the hotel. We had a good experience at the Belgium Beer restaurant just outside the hotel where the hostess was very friendly and accommodating offering to act as a guide if we required it.
I have tried 2 hotels in Zhuhai ( other, Zobon Art Hotel ) and been underwhelmed by both. On my next visit, I shall have to try a different hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank RacyNY
Reviewed 7 November 2011

Overall the hotel is pleasant and comfortable. The staff are attentive, although service can be laboured and slow. The food is varied, and fresh.
Some of the facilities are now showing their age, especialy the pool area and the lake.
The rooms are spacoius and clean, with comfortable beds.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank northerneil
Reviewed 25 October 2011

This hotel is getting a little old, but still pretty good. Rooms are good sized, has the usual amenities. Good breakfast buffet, though watch for the ladies busing the tables, they quickly grab your coffee cup, not understanding the need for the extra cups. Contrary to some reviews, I found the staff to be quite friendly and helpful. Don't believe the posters in the elevator, showing go carts and other "holiday resort" type activities, they have all been shut down long ago. Location is pretty good for getting around the city. Only about a five minute drive to the Hong Kong ferries, almost walkable. The big test, would I stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 August 2011

I think the hotel is is really for local Chinese, I really cannot get used to the loud voices, rude manners and smokings in oublic. Other then the pool, ping pong and bowling, everything else is extra. We came for tennis but prime times were always booked by local tennis teachers for teaching. The cost is like $70 an hour and $90 with lights. The hotel boasts an indoor court at $2000 an hour. The hotel is very old and not renovated. There was no WiFi in the room. Service is friendly except for the coffee shop. Breakfast was included during my stay and was so so. Food was so bad one niht we ate there.
The room decor and furnishing giave me a dirty and depressing feeling, the king bed was without a king matress so that you fall between the cracks of the two twin beds. The room didn't feel welcome and Zhuhai city is boring, we left a day early despite prepaid for that day.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank john l
Reviewed 6 July 2008

The rooms are big, and neat. They even provide fruit for guests. It is a good swimming area, but I wish the swimming poor was indoor. It was a little bit too sunny in the summer, and easy to get tan.

Stayed: June 2008