“Wow...around every corner a new stunning view!”
Review of Li River

US$95.00*
Li River Cruise and Yangshuo Day Tour from Guilin
US$53.00*
and up
Private Guilin Half Day Tour including Li River, Reed Flute Cave and Elephant...
Ranked #7 of 104 Tours in Guangxi
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Take a Li River cruise and spend a night or two in Yangzhou.

Beautiful river boats carry you downstream through beautiful vistas at every turn. The day we went was 4 hours. Heard in low water season can take up to 6 hours.

Lunch was good, but limited. Buffet style with many people on the boat. It was nice having a private dining room for 6 people.

1  Thank ma_golfman
There are newer reviews for Li River

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Two friends and I went there the June 26 2014. All of us were really happy with the trip. I would say that it's one of the things one really should take the time to see when visiting Yangshuo.

1  Thank My L
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

To cruise down the Li River was my primary reason for coming to Guilin. It rained the night before so I was concerned, but it was an absolutely beautiful day with blue skies. The scenery here is truly spectacular. I even liked it more than Halong Bay in Vietnam, and that's saying something. You need to get up on the outside top deck for the best photos. At the end of the cruise we were landed in Yangshuo where we could take the optional trip to a village and onto bamboo rafts and to witness the comerant fishing. The extra tour was well worth it.
To describe the Li River is difficult and does not do it justice, so readers just need to check out the photos, and I will be adding my own when I get back home.

1  Thank RonRSydney_Australia
Reviewed 9 July 2014

The scenery is simply amazing, one of the most beautiful in the world. The other reviewers are absolutely right! We also enjoyed the Show of Impression Liusanjie, 600 participants, all from the villages along the Li River. The artist behind it did the opening ceremony of the Beijing Olympics.

Our arrangements were made by China Focus Travel as part of a 29 day trip throughout China in a 6-8 person group. Our guide in Guilin was the best! He told us that the bullet train tracks will be finished in 2015 when you can take this fast train from Hong Kong to Guilin, only 2 1/2 hours. Maybe we can sneak in another visit some time in the future.

1  Thank Ingrid P
Reviewed 8 July 2014

This is where the classic China travel photos come from. The scenery is wonderful with steep hills rising from the valley floor everywhere you turn. We were lucky to get good weather even though June is the wet season and it rains essentially every day, although mostly at nights. However, the heavy rains meant lots of run-off and the river was a muddy mess. So if you want blue water in your photos, plan to visit during the dry season. Even with the muddy water, the cruise is spectacular. Get to the top deck for the best views.

1  Thank Mike C