“Avoid!”

Ranked #243 of 631 Hotels in Haikou
Macao SAR CHINA
“Avoid!”
Reviewed 13 January 2014 via mobile

This is the representation of what China has worse to offer. This is all about face but no substance. The first impression is it looks nice but then you realize that the service is terrible, the food is awful, the room dirty and unpractical with bad quality materials, the bed is harder than the floor. Weird design too where the toilet is basically in the bedroom with no separation... If you don't speak Chinese forget it. All the indications are in mandarin only and none of the staff speaks any English and willing to help anyway. After more than 10 years in China I've seen often bad service but it's the first time that I see the staff unwilling to help.
The list goes on. Just avoid it. I can't imagine that Haikou has nothing better to offer.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Fititiou

Families
Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Macau
Reviewed 7 October 2012

I am going to write this review in two different languages, english and chinese. Because I want to let everybody know my nightmare, totally ruin my holiday. 因為實在太差, 所以我決定分別要用英文和中文與大家分享這一酒店有多差.

Location 地點:
No taxi drivers exactly know where is this hotel, absolutely difficult to get a taxi to/from this hotel. No any convenient shop, no restaurant, no taxi and nothing to see nearby. 我所坐的計程車中, 沒有一個司機知道這間酒店到底在哪裏! 這間酒店的地理位置非常差, 基本上是沒有可能在酒店門口找到出租車的. 酒店附近沒有便利店, 餐廳, 商鋪和景點.

Front Desk前台:
The booking was through the travel agency, when I arrived, no bellboy helping me to handle my baggage. I went to the reception and ask for my room (I was standing and the receptionist was just sitting) the lady told me that unable to find my reservation (I gave my passport to her hand, and she just put my passport on the desk in return) so I needed to call the travel agency to talk to them in order to get my room. 我是透過旅行社進行預定的, 當我抵達酒店後沒有行李員提供任何幫忙, 我向前台小姐辦理入住時她告訴找不到我的預定記錄 (當時我是站着而該服務員卻是坐着, 而且我是把我的證件交到她手上而她退還證件給我的時候是直接放到枱上放算了), 然後我需要致電給我的旅行社, 經交涉後才拿到房間.

The strange thing that was only one breakfast coupon was given, because they said double bed room only has one coupon, completely different with my booking. The second call was needed to ask the travel agency to do further action, finally it's not my fault, I eventually got two breakfast coupons. THE KEY POINT THAT IS THEIR ATTITUDE WERE THE WORST I EVER ENCOUNTERED, IT'S WORSE THAN THE WORST HOSTEL! 而最奇怪的前台只給我一張早餐卷, 這與我原來所作的預訂不一樣, 她們解釋是大床房只有一張早餐卷, 因此我需要再致電給我的旅行社, 最後才再獲一張. 重點是前台的態度非常非常差, 前所未見的差, 比最差的青年旅社還要差!

Room房間:
Hard to believe a four stars hotel the fridge was empty and not cold, one kitchen hood was on the top of the fridge, weird. See my photos for the cleanliness, hard to believe that it's a newly opened hotel. There's no international tv channels, all local. 很難相信一間四星級酒店的冰箱竟然是空空如也, 以及而且不涼的, 冰箱上方竟然有一個抽油煙機! 至於房間的清潔, 很難相信這是一間新開業的酒店, 請看我所上傳的照片你就會一清二楚. 另外, 酒店並沒有提供國際電視頻道, 只有中國本地頻道.

Concierge禮賓司:
Totally useless, I tried to ask their help for 4 times to call me a taxi, even I want a taxi to the airport and thus I ask their help one day in advance, but never successed. Every time I ask them to assist me, their face expression like telling me that dont bother me, no taxi is no taxi, nothing shall be suprised! They ORDERING me "be patient" and then walking away, they were so rude and impolite. 她們完全是無能的, 我要求過她們代叫計程車, 包括預早一天要求它們代訂計程車到機場, 沒有一次是成功的! 而且每次當向她們提出要求的時候, 她們的表情馬上表現得很不耐煩, 找不到就是找不到, 有甚麼好驚奇的態度! 她們甚至命令我"耐心點"然後就走開了.

Room Service 送餐服務:
The taste was so so, but the efficiency was terribly slow, they told my order will be delivered within 30 mins, finally I had waiting for 50 mins. (my order was just one fried rice and fried noodles, and one can of cool cola) 味道很一般, 原本她們告訴我30分鐘內把餐點送到, 但我等了50分鐘. 我只是點了一份炒飯, 一份炒面以及一罐可樂.

Breakfast 早餐:
The foods were not fresh (e.g. the cornflakes were not crisp), the tastes were bad, the service was unacceptable. 服務只可說完全不能接受, 食物不新鮮且味道和質量都很差.

Restaurant (chinese):
The only one thing I felt normal during my 3D2N's stay, however, the waiters were rude as well. 唯一一樣在三日的住宿入面覺得是比較正常的, 但服務員都很粗魯.

Conclusion 總結: The worst of the worst. 差得不能再差

Room Tip: never stay here
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank FernandoCG

Travellers are raving about these Haikou hotels

Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed 20 May 2012

This is a clean (international standards), spacious, well run Chinese Hotel in the suburbs of Haikou. Although the map shows the location as being very close to the ocean, and it can be seen from the upper floors, local construction has block off access. The had both Chinese- and "Western"-style breakfast buffets which were reasonably priced. No English spoken here at all.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends