“Our fantastic holiday and this wonderful resort hotel”

The Ritz-Carlton Sanya, Yalong Bay
Ranked #3 of 1,328 Hotels in Sanya
London, United Kingdom
“Our fantastic holiday and this wonderful resort hotel”
Reviewed 25 September 2013

We had a family trip to this hotel from 27th August until 2nd September. We had lovely weather which always helps and if it did rain it definitely only rained when we were asleep. On arrival we were all presented with garlands of flowers a really nice touch and very welcoming as well as it was my birthday that day a cake was already waiting for me in the bedroom.

The rooms are really large and nicely presented with balcony, we had a sea view deluxe with club access our Son had a back view with club access. Both rooms were a similar size. The bathroom was humungous.

We ate one night in the Chinese Restaurant where the food was excellent but maybe a tad pricey, we also ate in the Italian which was extremely nice and tasty but again very pricey for what we had.

Our only disappointment was that in the club lounge the aircon did not seem to be effective and we were told that this is done at management level. Sometimes it was so hot in there we were concerned about the food and health and safety. Complaining did not achieve anything as no one really took any notice of our complaint. I do hope if they are reading this they will try and rectify the aircon as it was uncomfortable to sit there. We did not have this problem in the other two Ritz Carlton Hotels which we stayed during this visit.

Overall we had a fabulous time, lovely comfortable chairs by the pool, pool so warm it was incredible. The breakfasts were outstanding.... in the main restaurant, I am now just missing my coconut milk which I took out with me to the pool every day. I was extremely sad to leave the hotel for our onward trip as I loved this hotel so much. I would certainly return if I was ever in that part of China again as this was just an idyllic holiday venue.

Room Tip: higher floors for the views.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Denise Sheila S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Shanghai, China
Reviewed 1 September 2013

It is in early June I took my wife stayed in this hotel for 3 nights. It is a very romantic place for me and my wife. Everthing here was beautiful, specially the restaurant called Sands. We had one sea food dinner there, with sea wind blowing our body, little lighting vaguing on the beach, music embracing around, and people all here were immersed. It is really lovely place that I'd go there soon in future.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 August 2013

I travel with my husband this time. We choose Ritz Carlton Hotel for our last two nights stay. That's perfect.

When we checked in, the doorgirl gave us the flower ring which show their welcome. A lot of guest check in in the room, one girl called Evelyn, who arrange us wait in sofa, and provide two cus coconut juice, we feel good! :) And later Evelyn prepared the key and guide us to our room.

When we come in the room, we're surprised, the room is so big! !And the fresh fruits in the table. The hand-write weather card in the desk. I love this room!

Second day I going to ESPA to have the treatment, I think it devers the price! The best SPA in Sanya.

After two days, we checked out and get back home. Until now, I still remember the stay in Ritz Carlton Sanya! Best hotel! Best service! I will come back again! :)

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Peng1979
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 25 August 2013 via mobile

Sanya is just 1 hour from Hong Kong but is often o!vershadowed by other SE Asian hot destinations like Phuket or Bali. I have never thought such a high standard international brand in Sanya. The staying experience in The Ritz Carlton did not disappoint me! Located on Yalong Bay, which is considered the best beach in China! True that this white sandy beach is beyond my imagination about a beach and a tropical vacation in China! I also went for golfing at nearby Sun Valley Golf Club which the hotel kindly arranged free transfer to the club. And found out that now there are over 50 golf courses on Hainan island and about 1/3 is in Sanya. Tried the Espa, had a good massage after golf and again the quiet environment of the treatment room made you feel that you were in Bali! Don't miss the Sand restaurant at beachfront. Tried many restaurants along the hotels on Yalong Bay but Sand offered the best quality and service

2 Thank WKT2013
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Very nice location, not so far from the airport. There is a good sandy beach with sun beds (free of charge).
The breakfast is very good, it includs european style breakfast (eggs etc.) and cchinese style meal. A big viriaty of fresh juice!
Every day they have a programe of events as for the children (in Kids club) and for adults (snorkeling etc.)
All the staff is very polite and kind. A bit lack of English when you want something to ask but it's not a big problem!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank sont_eric
Reviewed 6 August 2013

The Villa is perfect for family The Villa surrounded by tropical garden gave my family an exclusive holiday. The bed is extremely nice and my little son loves the private outdoor pool very much. The BBQ in our villa is also amazing. Btw the chef is very handsome and professional with fantastic cooking.

1 Thank Yao23
Luanda, Angola
Reviewed 3 August 2013 via mobile

The pros : nice hotel design, traditional Chinese with contemporary features, good choice of restaurants (special mention to excellent Italian restaurant), management (Hotel manager in particular attentive to guests concern). Special mention to some excellent members of the team such as Rohan in Fresh8, Joris in Italian restaurant , Chelsea in lobby lounge, Anya in reception or Laxmi in housekeeping.
The cons : non Chinese speakers will certainly note a recurrent communication issue with national staff, creating some frustration. Some other minor maintenance issues.