“Clean and Friendly!!”

Ranked #65 of 1,327 Hotels in Sanya
Zhenjiang, China
“Clean and Friendly!!”
Reviewed 3 May 2013

I was very pleased with this hotel! Having travelled around China for about 8 months, I've stayed in several different types of hotels, from budget to classy, but this hotel is at the top of my list. Though pricey (I came during the Chinese May holiday), I felt that it was worth it. The rooms are amazing, modern and very clean (which is hard to find in many Chinese hotels) Amazingly, the beds are soft - again something you rarely find in China - so that was a really nice and unexpected touch. I opted for the "Garden View Room" which gave me a great view of construction and the airport! However, as I wasn't at the hotel for the view, this didn't bother me in the slightest! Everything about the room was great for me!

The hotel itself is very grand and aesthetically pleasing. Of course this is China so you can't escape the smoking indoors, the spitting and other cultural aspects, but as this is China, I didn't expect those things would just disappear. There are a few restaurants in the hotel: a breakfast buffet and two lunch/dinner restaurants. As with other comments I've read, make sure you hit up the breakfast buffet and get as much as you can because the other two restaurants are pricey and I didn't find their food to be all that appealing. I snuck out breads in my bag with me from the breakfast buffet to serve as my lunch - the staff don't like food being taken out and will apparently stop you, so I did this discretely. The breakfast itself was basic but good. Lots of breads, cereal, yogurt, eggs, bacon, sausage as well as more traditional Chinese breakfast items like rice and noodles and soups. Appealing to all tastes I think.

The one thing I didn't like about this hotel was how far it was from everything. To get anywhere you had to take a taxi because it was way too far of a walk. But as that is my only real complaint about this hotel, that isn't saying much!! The pool was nice, but not very deep and was ruled mostly by the children! I didn't much care for I spent my time on the deck catching the sun on one of the few poolside chairs. Be aware, there are about 12-14 deck chairs in this entire 300+ room hotel. It wasn't crowded when I was here, so I never had to worry, but I can foresee issues if there are too many people and not enough deck chairs!

All in all, great hotel to spend a few days of relaxation poolside! Highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank afunkychicken

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Shanghai, China
Reviewed 16 March 2012

We were offered a room (mid-July, 2011) for only 500 yuan a night. Got a large bedroom with double bed, one with the splendid sea view. The room was very large, cosy and comfortable. Everything was perfect room wise. Breakfast is excellent: a buffet with everything you need for an european or american breakfast (unlimited bacon and eggs yum). Don't miss the breakfast because lunch and dinner are clearly meant for asians or russians. The buffet restaurant is expensive and not satisfying. I recommend eating outside, there are other good places to eat - find them on Tripadvisor.

It's fantastic to wake up in the morning, opening up the curtains and staring at the gorgeous ocean view. The beach was nice but definitely not the best in Sanya, the water was a *tiny* bit dark and muddy. It is a private beach and outside people are not supposed to access it, which means it stays relatively calm and non crowded. The swimming pool is large and very nice to hang out at night -- since we were strongly recommended not to wander around on beaches at night due to thieves and whatnot.

Overall we loved the place and will probably go again if we are offered prices in a similar range (doubt it, we must've gotten lucky).

Room Tip: The "sea view" room is fantastic. It costs a little more but it's well worth it, seein...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 21 August 2011

The Hotel is big and relatively new, The rooms are roomy and comfortable.
The shower is great however I had to ask to replace the Shampoo since they didnt provide new unless requested.
Breakfast is OK , same food every day.
Location of the hotel is 20 minutes from town so if ou come for a holiday and do not intend to leave the hotel its fine.
The pool is great and the beach is 3 minutes walk.
Overall nice place to stay in relatively cheap price (I was in convention so it might be sponsored).

Room Tip: Ask for sea side
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 May 2010

The hotel is nice considering the price. The staff was friendly but the problem was they really don't speak any English. I think they mainly cater to Chinese, Russians and Koreans. The hotel is located a little far from the downtown area (if that matters to you).

There seems to be a growing trend of fogged glass bathroom walls. It seems to be more and more common. This place has such bathrooms. Just an fyi, in case that is an issue for you.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple