We had booked the Hilton for our stay in Sanya but were informed 2 weeks before that non- chinese were not allowed to stay in the area due to a conference.
As we were travelling with infants we decided to pay (the overpriced) hotel transfer, the driver was crazy! I thought he would be a more sound bet than a taxi driver but no, he was just as bad.
Anyway, check in was smooth, but after being told to enjoy our stay...that was it, no your room is on X floor, the lifts are over there etc. We had to find an employee and ask where we had to go.
Rooms were very spacious and had a nice view of the sea. There are lovely day beds on the balcony to relax on rather than basic table and chairs.
Nice flatscreen tv ad bose stereo, great bathroom with seperate shower and bath.
Food in all the restaurants was lovely, we liked the Asian village and the main restaurant best. Had a drink in the beer hall place but not food (had BOGOF offer on draught beer)
Now the issues:
- Room service seemed to be pot luck, we ordered breakfast every day and often the same thing from the menu but it was never once the same (different portion size, content)
- Housekeeping not very thorough, seemed to lightly mop the floor rather than clean it.
- bathroom let down by the very dirty/stained anti-slip mat in the bath
-there is construction work almost next door (not too much noise, but noise never the less)
- We asked reception if there was a shop close by (we needed baby supplies) we were told no, only at the shopping centre a few miles away. In fact at the back of the hotel is a supermarket.....
- Lastly and my biggest gripe is the price of the soft drinks. They were unbelievably expensive, in fact 10x more than in the supermarket at the back of the hotel, 10x now come on that's really off.
The resort was very quiet during our stay so most days we had the pool to ourselves and restaurants too.
I would stay here again but I am unlikey to return to Sanya.
They really need to lower the drinks prices though!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Sanya Resort occupies one of the most beautiful locations in Sanya – Xiao Dong Hai. Surrounded by pristine white sands and majestic mountains, this resort offers guests inspiring views from every room. Beautiful water features and water gardens throughout the resort create a serene yet stylish ambience. InterContinental Sanya Resort offers 343 rooms including 24 beachside villas, and guests can lounge in four swimming pools, dine in seven restaurants and bars, unwind in our soothing SPA InterContinental or choose from one pillar free ballroom and seven inspiring meeting rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, IHG, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your InterContinental Sanya Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Sanya Hotel Sanya